Digging up fossils

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
cherry_poppins said:
jbb/james said:
Love tommy, love george even more. Tommy is just tommy, a champion footy bloke who doesnt take himself too seriously. Something a lot of people can learn from

And George took on rupert and kicked his arse. He saved souths with his own cash in the same way Max did, and is one of the few players that put back in to rugby league rather than the many who see it as an opportunity to take take take. But after he saved them a rival ticket hired private invesitgators to go through his rubbish and run a a smear campaign against him

Im sure george will probably look back and think he may have done some things better but hey

Souths crowe and holmes have made feeble attempts to get george back. They need to get the whole club, hundreds of fans to camp outside his house and chant georgie, georgie and chair him to the club. He is that good

without george none of them would be there

We ball get old cherry, careful what you wish for

Some will agree some will disagree

This new Piggins article tells souths players he doesn't care but he's supposedly the saviour of the club,if Crowe and HAC don't buy souths out they never survive and compete at this level

Personally i think our half owner is a bit of a spoilt brat however it won't stop me from attending and screaming my heart out for my team on the off chance that whatever i scream helps them win even a regular competition game,Piggins might have beaten News Limited but he wasn't beating teams on the field,having a competitive set of owners and bank balance is what is winning them games,he may have been trying and have had worked his ass off but the man was fighting a losing battle going to these 2 blokes constantly hat in hand,eventually the 2 get tired of it and want some control for their hard earned which is understandable to most,except Georgie

He may be a legend but digging him up every year to tell his story all over again is tiresome at best and at worst at least for his club detrimental,passion for the club shouldn't be about whose running the show but instead in the blood

Piggins should ask himself,What would Beaver Menzies do?

I have read the article. Everyone knows he loves souths.Its up to him how he deals with the owners. Put yourself in his shoes. How forgiving are you as a person. It ,may well have been the best outcome for souths, but it could have been done with class

george probably has a lot of fire inside him and by chosing not to go looking for trouble he is a biigger man than many

Anyway cherry i dont agree with your sentiment. They are not fossils but human beings. Sure they have aged but I like them and would love to lock tommy in a room with a ferguson, or a mundine or a dugan. He might not be classy old tommy but he has honour

Their honour was never in question,just the constant rehashing of the same content,yes Tommy you love knocking blokes out and yes Georgie,you dont like the mean Mr Crowe and HAC but please,you do not have to say the same **** all over again to see your name in the paper,get some new material or better yet,lock the door on the media because they'll just twist your words and bait you until they leave.....

cherry_poppins said:
But even i know rich people dont drink Expresso coffee

Yeah that's right. Everyone knows that poor people drink expressos. Rich people drink cups of chinos.

Same with Tommy Ridiculous. Dirty player. I think he just played to bash people. Compare him to other halves of his era and his talent doesn't compare. He was crap.

MadMarcus said:
Moondog said:
Scientists have recently discovered the remains of a 3.4 billion year old single cell organism in Australia. It's called Warren Ryan...

What kind of cell is it? Obviously not a brain cell...
No brain whatsoever was evident in this organism.

DSM5 said:
Same with Tommy Ridiculous. Dirty player. I think he just played to bash people. Compare him to other halves of his era and his talent doesn't compare. He was crap.

Doesn't that prove exactly what a good player he was, lacked the talent compared to others but managed to work that hard on it that he made rep football

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8