Disallowed try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Twelve point turn around, I had no problem with Suttons try and there is no way that Symonds try should have been disallowed. Bloody Maxwell who came back to torture us again, I think Wolfies one was a correct call but there is an argument that if Inglis did something to warrant a penalty that a penalty try could have been awarded.

The bottom line is we did ok, the difference is we did not execute our plans cause there was not enoguh go forward, we were too side to side in attack, the vermins scrambling defence was amazing.

All is not lost, lessons to be learnt and we are going to be fine this year.

manlyfan76 said:
So fullbacks will get penalised bringing the ball back from kicks now.

If they are to be consistent then every fullback bringing the ball should be done for obstruction.

The changes in interpretations being made to the game are ruining it. The game needs to be looked after or it will be permanently stuffed soon.

If you are at the ground and can't understand what the rules are anymore you will stop going.

Gould annoyed me with constantly complaining about where was ballin supposed to go in the Tom Symonds try. The thing is, it's not Ballin at 'fault' here, it was the runner (Symonds) who used Ballin as a shepherd.

Now whether Ballin impeded Asotasi is another debate.

Where was Symonds supposed to go? Everybody was in front him no matter which way he went. He was no different to a fullback returning a kick.

Rugby league is stuffed.

Brissie Kid said:
manlyfan76 said:
So fullbacks will get penalised bringing the ball back from kicks now.

If they are to be consistent then every fullback bringing the ball should be done for obstruction.

The changes in interpretations being made to the game are ruining it. The game needs to be looked after or it will be permanently stuffed soon.

If you are at the ground and can't understand what the rules are anymore you will stop going.

Please. These are two completely different scenarios. A fullback returning a kick is placed in a position where he has his own players between him and the opposition through the opposition's decision to put the ball there when they had possession. Having said that a full back is still NOT allowed to intentionally use his own players to obstruct the defence.

When we are in possession from a set play (ruck, scrum, tap kick) it is OUR responsibility to not run behind our own players. This has been the case for as long as I can remember and is one of the core philosophies of the rules of our game. Once you start to try and criticise the application of that rule you might as well change our game to NFL and make it a free for all.

I hear you, but there is a way to go...forward, As soon as you run behind your own player at a close distance, there is always a chance you impede a defender and then it comes down to interpretation (toss of the coin).

the attacking team chasing kicks to a fullback more often than not run through the defensive line and only contend with the fullback and wingers. Big difference. Fullbacks aren't returning kicks by running a few metres behind a number of their own players.

Both decisions should have been the same, there was very little in the situations so the outcome should have been identical.

Why wasn't it?

Horsehead Maxwell, thats why.

Video referee.

Horsehead had the Storm game at Brookie last year which was a lot like last night. His first game back was the recent home game against Sharks where we got no penalties from the 25th to 79th minutes & Snake's try got called back for a momentum forward pass.

Ok, well I've posted before Horsehead is the worst ref by far. He hates us with a passion and at his last attempt, tried valiantly to get the Sharks home. He's a disgrace and the club should put in a protest about having him referee our games in any capacity. The NRL stopped Steve Lyons from refereeing our games, so there's a precedent.

Ordinary decision, Asotasi was actually standing in front of Balin, (therefore no obstruction possible) made no effort to make a tackle as he was stuffed and was hooked by his coach on the back of it.

Souths then run downtown and score off a kick for a 12 point turn around.

Tom Symonds scored a try and should have been given the four points, the ref most obviously got it wrong. :mad:

Disallowed.......what a load of rubbish.......!

joeboy said:
Gifty has looked a bit heavy for about three years I reckon, lost pace as a result and his running game isn't anywhere near what it was.. Hopefully Donny gets into him.

G Stewart looks increasingly like 'The Hood', the eternal enemy of International Rescue....

There was also an ex footy player in the vid ref's box. Dunno who it was but I guess he saw it as obstruction as well.

If the refs made the opposite decision on the field for All video trys the video ref would not have been able to change the on field decision ( except wolfies ) even there 3rd try that for me was a 50/50 call easily looked that it went forward. wasn't a clear knock back.

Souths try - ballin was impeded though he made a bad read & attempted a tackle. ( old rule would not be a try )

There was no one that was going to make the tackle on symonds. That was a try.
If you allow suttons then consistency should of allowed symonds. 14-6 new manly new ball game.

Wolfie no try but what's confusing is that we got a penalty for a shoulder hit which prevented a clear passage to the ball ???

Shoulder hits are suppose to be banned ?? Straight to judiciary ?? Too many loop holes in the game & rules.

Down 11-5 penalties after 60 mins , less possession, bad discipline , off game , important decisions went the other way and we only lost by 8 to a desperate team trying to prove something. Rather have this game now then in September. Always annoyed watching your team lose but that's how I'm takin the result.

Gould got it right in the broadcast; said the prop was just too slow, if it was a faster man at that position he probably would have been effective in getting to Symond without being impeded

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4