Disgusting Performance 14-4

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As I posted before,by far the most corrupt refereeing performance I have ever witnessed on a football field. The only other game I can remember that was as blatantly corrupt occurred in a Penrith A grade game between Colyton and St Dominic's back in 2003. What an effort by our side, I have no issue with BJ's aggression at the end of the game. If it was obvious to us what was going on, imagine the frustration of the players. Putting up with smug Panther players being gifted a game of footy. I was happy to see our boys frustrated and wanting to smash them. Some of our defence tonight was brutal, plenty of feeling in every tackle. I would hate to be lining up in that Tigers side next Sunday. I said to my missus tonight with 20 to go. That if we ended up winning, I would be very hard pressed to find a more gutsy win by a Manly side in a non finals match. Incredible effort.
Spot on my friend. Anybody who suggested our boys just needed more discipline are ignoring the constant unrelenting pressure of trying to compete when things are so heavily stacked against a side there can only be one result. Henry P. the referee made the classic mistake of letting his Bill Harrigan-like ego get in the way of fairness. Even Fox Sports noticed and they rarely utter anything mildly controversial. The NRL has big issues with a matches being ruined by referees much too often. Fans are more aware of this than ever and judging by online comments are getting thoroughly sick of it. I've been saying for some time that one partial solution would be to take the penalty kick out of the equation when a penalty is given - just another six tackles. Not a perfect answer I admit, but it would limit referee's power a little and help a little in games like this one tonight when "piggybacks" up the field turn the game into an uneven contest. Anyway, we all know who the man of the match was and it's a rare thing when it's not a player from either side! I don't think Henry can win a Dally M. but he's putting in a late spurt.

One thing I couldn't believe was with 5 minutes to go, Fox showed the last 10 penalties......9 of them were to Penrith.

After what's gone down this week, were we deliberately reffed out of the game? When even Rothfield and opposition supporters like those nitwits on The Kennel think we got dudded then you know something wasn't right.

Phil Gould was going off about referees on Nein last night. I bet he was all smiles over their performance tonight though.....

Last edited:
I'm glad someone else made a thread because I logged on with an intent to let loose.

I was watching the game with a couple of mates and after 5 mins I called it. The refs had it in for us.

You take the week in the media we've had with the display of umpiring against us tonight and you'd be forgiven for thinking there's some sort of agenda against us being successful.

What a farce of a performance from the ref, I'll chip in for the fine Trent.
I will too - let's pass the hat around!

Spot on my friend. Anybody who suggested our boys just needed more discipline are ignoring the constant unrelenting pressure of trying to compete when things are so heavily stacked against a side there can only be one result. Henry P. the referee made the classic mistake of letting his Bill Harrigan-like ego get in the way of fairness. Even Fox Sports noticed and they rarely utter anything mildly controversial. The NRL has big issues with a matches being ruined by referees much too often. Fans are more aware of this than ever and judging by online comments are getting thoroughly sick of it. I've been saying for some time that one partial solution would be to take the penalty kick out of the equation when a penalty is given - just another six tackles. Not a perfect answer I admit, but it would limit referee's power a little and help a little in games like this one tonight when "piggybacks" up the field turn the game into an uneven contest. Anyway, we all know who the man of the match was and it's a rare thing when it's not a player from either side! I don't think Henry can win a Dally M. but he's putting in a late spurt.
Spot on.

We got a very very bad deal by the refs tonight. Discusting. Penrith are horrible. Epsecially the halves.will will kill them at home home next time. Still think we really should of not lost that game tonight.

This is Greenberg all over.

We hit 2nd position on ladder then coincidentally a salary cap scandal starts with no proof of evidence.

Then that reffing performance.

They have plans for Manly

Yeah mate agree 100% the NRL are trying to make another "fairytale" Grand final. Just look at the past couple years!!

2016 - Sharks
2015 - Cowboys
2014 - Rabbits

Was at the game, don't know how it looked on TV, but every time Manly were in their half in the second 40, Penrith were at least a metre or two in front of the ref every tackle! I even had Penrith supporters saying how much of a joke the reffing was! And I know for a fact from an ex NRL staff member that ref tipping sheets are real and they deliberately referee to keep the game even for television purposes! So it is not tin foil hat stuff, it's a rort!

The worst refereeing decision in the history of the NRL for mine was when Beaver was sent for 10 minutes by Clark in Nth QLD against the Cows for saying, "Sir, how is that?".

F - M - D

It's BEAVER you ****ing moron.

Was at the game, don't know how it looked on TV, but every time Manly were in their half in the second 40, Penrith were at least a metre or two in front of the ref every tackle! I even had Penrith supporters saying how much of a joke the reffing was! And I know for a fact from an ex NRL staff member that ref tipping sheets are real and they deliberately referee to keep the game even for television purposes! So it is not tin foil hat stuff, it's a rort!
Even Alexander, Penrith's chief cheerleader, called their second try 'no try' and rated the refereeing "lopsided". Corrupt, is a much more apt term to describe the efforts of Mr P and his buddies in the bunker. Certainly no player on the field had more influence out their tonight.
This game however, may just harden them with the steel that they will need come September. The sort of goal line defence they showed tonight wins premierships and they already know how to find the tryline from anywhere on the paddock.

Last edited:
For an unbiased view I checked into The Kennel, they're giving it to Perenarra, lets see if there is any official response from the referees boss on Monday. I bet he hopes SOO 3 press will kill the story of their inadequacy.

Read this for a laugh :
https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/round-18-non-bulldogs-game-discussion.106724/
They can't be all bad over there. This comment shows a good breakdown of the biggest stitch up in the West.

1 penalty was a clear lost ball ruled a strip, a 1on1 strip ruled as 2 in the tackle when it wasnt even close, a 50/50 lost ball in the tackle with a hand brushing the ball but very loose carry, 1 when a panther player clearly just passed the ball into a manly player lying down in the ruck trying to milk a penalty, 1 penalty from an offside on a kick when a teammate knocked it backwards which should have put everyone onside, 1 off an offside where perenara was 15m back and then he marched them another 10m into goal kicking range for an 8pt lead because they backchat

then there is also a panther try that happened when contesting a bomb the player grabbed it off from his teammate from directly in front of him, but that one belongs to the video referee

Really gutsy performance. As I've always said, if there is any match fixing in RL you need to look at the referees.
That wasn't match fixing.

That was match handing.

Match fixing requires some subtle traits that one can in the end hold your hands up and say 'i didnt do it boss'....

Penaltynara couldnt do that if his life depended on it....

That Ruff try where DWZ was in front of his own player was spectacular... offside. forward pass you choose but it had to be either....

That was one of if not the most disgusting, inept and corrupt performances by the referees, the bunker and the NRL I have ever seen

14-4 count is a disgrace

What wil Archer and the NRLs excuse be this week?

Panthers off side all night

Allowed to do what they wanted

How that try was a try before half time

Putrid display

I hope Trent earns a 10k fine and sprays them

Perenara 'a body language told the story: you could see the hate & distain he had for Manly ; which was a message to Penrith - you can do what ever you like without fear of a penalty.. and that's exactly what happened .

1 off an offside where perenara was 15m back and then he marched them another 10m into goal kicking range for an 8pt lead because they backchat

That was part of the problem tonight. Perenara was going back 15 metres when we were defending, then penalising anyone 1 or 2 metres in front of him for being offside (when in fact they were onside by about 3-4 metres). Yet as @captaincarpo said, in the 2nd half Panthers players were constantly 1-2 metres in front of him and he was letting it go.

How many times did our forwards take a hit up and they got swamped by defenders almost as soon as they got the ball? We know Api's dummy half passing wasn't up to standard at one point, but FMD he was never that bad and wasn't tonight. The fact is they were offside almost every set yet barely got called for it.

I don't know if we would have won given a fair shake, but we weren't given that fair shake. Two teams played that game tonight, only one was being refereed.

The morning after and still as fuming as during and after the match. If we lose from poor form that's one thing. Hang our heads and pick up our act.
To lose in that manner is not sportsmanship. The media interviewing Panthers and praising them for their 'gutsy win' and turn around in form is about as big a load of horse **** as the broncos salary cap.
I really can't believe what I watched last night but I know our team gave 100% effort.
Manly's errors were the Tamou try and a couple of loose carries. The rest of the game was a corrupt gift to Penrith. Barrett was right. Manly could not possibly win the game under the circumstances.
I know. Move on.
We all know there's no chance of the match being reviewed by the NRL for the ref's performance.
Fire up Manly and smash the Tigers to pieces!
I didn't think it was possible to dislike a ref more than Harrigan or Hayne. Perenara's wearing the crown at the moment and I think Manly would be justified to request that he does not referee them again.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8