DM Appreciation thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would have thought a manic depressant like yourself would have liked him!

Its very chilled music, great summer music

I am sure he will fade too...but thats not the point.
Pete murrays music is always going to sound similar by nature, it is quiet and slow blues.

Coldplay are rock. I like them dont get me wrong but there is nothing new about it, it seems more of an extension of rush of blood than an independant release. There is nothing on there that i couldnt get from listening to RBTH. By the way Clocks is my ring tone!

I think they'll get a cult following like

U2
Depeche mode
Cure

U2 do reinvent themselves everynow and then. But Coldplay will be appreciated for many many years.

But you do make very valid points.

cult following I highly doubt it. The days of bands like Queen etc are long gone. And already being so commercial it will be hard for them to get a cult following

pfffffffffffft putting cold play in the same sentence as those other three is one of the greatest jokes I've seen on this website.

I've stayed out of it but they're a sappy, pathetic bunch of mimmicking try hards who would have already dissapeared without trace if the lead singer hadn't managed to con Paltrow into marrying him and then calling their daughter a stupid name.

Pete Murray is too earnest to be enjoyed by a manic like me Dan.

thank you I agree matabele, but byso was only trying to bait!

I guess pete murray isnt country enough for you!
He is a Ra ra boy that pretty much makes him your love child

oh by the way I am listening to Blue Monday at the moment, but the version by "Orgy"

pfffffffffffft putting cold play in the same sentence as those other three is one of the greatest jokes I've seen on this website.

I've stayed out of it but they're a sappy, pathetic bunch of mimmicking try hards who would have already dissapeared without trace if the lead singer hadn't managed to con Paltrow into marrying him and then calling their daughter a stupid name.

Pete Murray is too earnest to be enjoyed by a manic like me Dan.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Coldplay play are terrible. I wish the photographer he apparantly assulted at Byron Bay a couple of years back beat the sh!t out of him.

John Sattler wanted Murray to trial with the Gold Coast back in the early 90's.

I heard he actually has some talent and is friends with a few of the tahs and australian team

Come and talk to me when Murray has done something substantive outside of the shallow genepool and small fish pond that is the local market.

pretty sure he went to Uni in lismore, may have been friends with Justin Harrison who was also at Uni up there.

why, dont you support local artists?

The music he plays is aimed at Australians and is ideal for the market he plays too. It is a beach culture type of music, popular with surfies and us priveledged enough to have a sea breeze. You will find he has a fair following amongst ben harper and jack johnson fans in the US too!

[quote author=Fro]

And MAtas, I still am a fan of S Taylor.
Sadly he hasn't released anything since 1994. I still maintain "Meltdown" is one of the most brilliant songs written - for the layers of sarcasm in it!

I wanna be a clone would have to be up there too - very true, so very true.

[/quote]

These peasants on here wouldnt appreciate Steve Taylor Matas :dance: :dance:

Indeed!

"Local artist" is an oxymoron in Australia. The only country in the world to have been described as a "cultural desert" by its leader.

Indeed!

\"Local artist\" is an oxymoron in Australia. The only country in the world to have been described as a \"cultural desert\" by its leader.

It is great how your support the country you live in!

Fro, when its convenient, he agrees with whomever he needs to. bloody commie

hehe thats the first rule of debating, tell them what they want to hear then twist it to suit your own needs

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2