Do we have a bullying culture?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Holmsey

Bencher
Watching the Matty Johns show, plus all the news this week regarding Hastings and the new reports about bullying plus the Willie Peters stuff last year do we have a bullying culture at the club? We are obviously in crisis but does this go deeper into a wider culture problem?

Watching the Matty Johns show, plus all the news this week regarding Hastings and the new reports about bullying plus the Willie Peters stuff last year do we have a bullying culture at the club? We are obviously in crisis but does this go deeper into a wider culture problem?
After seeing that it's obvious something isn't quite right.
And though jacko has a history of problems with other clubs, the practical joke culture that they brought up on the show, is concerning.
Especially remembering the Willie peters affair.
There is nothing worse than seeing someone constantly on the receiving end of such things that the mob find funny but the poor bugger who cops it does not.
The reaction though, of the footage when jacko scored against Souffs showed very warm embraces especially from DCE.
Ferris should've been made an example of with Peters to send the message last year, whether or not it's still going on today.

Nope.

Media sensationalising things to get clickbait.

Why is the world now pro Hastings after the track record of the bloke and repeated infringements both here and the Roosters?

Rhetorical question. The answer is it involves DCE and Manly. The perfect storm for the media to have the inbred masses baying for blood.

F*ck all of them.

doubt it. watching the boys posts on social media , it just seems like they have some quality banter... which for some reason rubs some people the wrong way or can be used as a means to have a go at manly (cough cough the media).
i honestly think it is all fairly sensationalised, but barrett isnt going to say that hastings has been poor, behavioural wise, for a while if there wasnt some proper truth to it.

The media are trying to drive a wedge with this whole story. They are going to try and get individual players to contradict the reports of universal dislike of Cletus. That is going to test Barrett’s ability to keep a lid on this and not have it blow up in his face. Will be a good indicator of his leadership ability. No player is going to want to publicly state they don’t like Hastings, that’s human nature to a degree. So by definition that then looks like they don’t support DCE or Barrett.

All we can hope for is another scandal to pop up and take the focus off us. Have they registered carney’s contract yet ?

Lane (rooming with hasting's at the time) backs Hasting's story that he wasn't the instigator.

I've only heard Paul Kent say that so.............

(unless Lane has confirmed it.)

I don't know for sure, but I highly doubt there is a bullying culture at Manly. Where there is one is in the NRL HQ and the media verses Manly.

Greenburg is happy to let one of 'his' clubs be continually dragged through the mud 24 hours after calling the media crises merchants and telling them to talk the game up. He is also a bully by allowing an 18 month investigation into match fixing without offering any support and publicly indicating that Manly may be guilty. To further his bullying decree he accepted information from the cops that triggered another investigation into Manly and changed/extended a definition of one word to claim we were guilty of small salary cap mis- deeds. His bully continues through his actions in making us attempt to put a team on the field with far less players than other teams.

The media... well I don't need to go on about how toxic a senior group of has beens and never weres are when they constantly attack young men and a club with their tut tutting and sad shakes of their heads on rumours and innuendo and falsehoods whilst claiming some moral high ground that their own lives would not pass if put under the same microscope.

So... knowing that other fans will laugh and point and accuse, the media will circle like vultures (though their Manly carcass is false) and the nrl hq rubs their hands together with glee even as the rlpa fight to stay relevant, we can do one of two things:

We can follow the path of despair that everyone wants us to go down, pulling our hair and mea-culpa-ing to the world as the veil of misery descends upon us, succumbing to the weight of jealousy, envy, and hatred everyone shows our team, or.....

as Rudyard Kipling writes in his poem "If" - stand up straight and proud, know thyself and flip off the rest of the undeserving world because we are Manly, and they are w@nkers!

Party on

This really comes down to babying more than bullying.
Every club has very different individuals with far different beliefs, upbringings and divisions.
Like in a workplace as adults, the unwritten law is to not always get along, but work together.
The great Ken Arthurson had a theory that the great Manly culture included not hanging dirty laundry out in public.
This Hastings stuff is typical of all clubs...the Broncos for example have had similar with Josh Maguire, who in recent seasons become a leader.
Everything gets blown out of proportion when the team is struggling and ppl start pointing fingers at coaches, players, management, incidents ect
The sooner Manly again start winning on the field, all of these off field issues will vanish, problem is....it’s hard to be winning when off field is a media circus.....need to forget the bully rubbish and pull together- and soon.

Last edited:
I've only heard Paul Kent say that so.............

(unless Lane has confirmed it.)

I don't know for sure, but I highly doubt there is a bullying culture at Manly. Where there is one is in the NRL HQ and the media verses Manly.

Greenburg is happy to let one of 'his' clubs be continually dragged through the mud 24 hours after calling the media crises merchants and telling them to talk the game up. He is also a bully by allowing an 18 month investigation into match fixing without offering any support and publicly indicating that Manly may be guilty. To further his bullying decree he accepted information from the cops that triggered another investigation into Manly and changed/extended a definition of one word to claim we were guilty of small salary cap mis- deeds. His bully continues through his actions in making us attempt to put a team on the field with far less players than other teams.

The media... well I don't need to go on about how toxic a senior group of has beens and never weres are when they constantly attack young men and a club with their tut tutting and sad shakes of their heads on rumours and innuendo and falsehoods whilst claiming some moral high ground that their own lives would not pass if put under the same microscope.

So... knowing that other fans will laugh and point and accuse, the media will circle like vultures (though their Manly carcass is false) and the nrl hq rubs their hands together with glee even as the rlpa fight to stay relevant, we can do one of two things:

We can follow the path of despair that everyone wants us to go down, pulling our hair and mea-culpa-ing to the world as the veil of misery descends upon us, succumbing to the weight of jealousy, envy, and hatred everyone shows our team, or.....

as Rudyard Kipling writes in his poem "If" - stand up straight and proud, know thyself and flip off the rest of the undeserving world because we are Manly, and they are w@nkers!

Party on
Best post of the week
I agree with you
And sorry for the negative post earlier I deleted it I was ashamed I even posted it , you were right it was a disgraceful post to write,
Let's stick it up the nrl and parra on Sunday

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8