Do we have another Goal Kicker?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle Has Landed

Bencher
Tipping Member
Yeah we won today but should of won sooner. Some of the missed goals from Walker are embarrassing really. Surely we have another goal kicker as we are gonna lose a lot of these tight games. DCE can kick goal can't he?

DCE kicks as often as Matai used to i.e. not very much. Hastings has an 83% career success rate. Kicked them all in 2016 - 26 from 31

It is embarrassing. Yes we won, but lets not cover up reality. We need a kicker. Walker is not it! We were very very lucky to win and jakes try was lucky. FACT

DCE is a gun kicker. Don't give me stats. He just needs to be told.

Similarly Hastings is a gun kicker.

Yet Walker kicks. He kicks the hard ones, misses from close enough in front. Some just Can't handle the pressure lol.

Hastings. Another reason he is valuable at 9.

The thing for me (which is the opposite of Walker) is his composure. He's arrogant and confident but in a completely different way to Walker. When he played at fullback earlier in the year when tommy went off for the hia he just handled it. no fuss.

Now this is no attack on Walker. I love his off the cuff ways. We can win games we have no right to with Walker. Unfortunately we will lose games we should win with him also.

It is embarrassing. Yes we won, but lets not cover up reality. We need a kicker. Walker is not it! We were very very lucky to win and jakes try was lucky. FACT
From a club that has had goalkickers of the calibre of Rowles, Willey, Batty, Eadie, O'Connor, Ridge etc, I can't believe they are content to risk all with Dylan lining them up. Surely Hastings could take them when he is on the field.

Was watching a clip from 2011 (DCE's second match in first grade) and he was our first choice kicker. He kicked really well. Obviously he doesn't want the gig, otherwise he'd be our goal kicker.

Hastings to hooker and we don't lose much. Great service, hits the man on the run and can scoot and kick in general play. Adds spark. Definitely good goal kicker and let Dylan run forest run! Api maybe to bench to see how hastings goes but he's young and should be good for 80 long term. That will fix the kicking anxious moments. Don't want a to miss the 8 by close loss or for and against. Go boys!

Yeah we won today but should of won sooner. Some of the missed goals from Walker are embarrassing really. Surely we have another goal kicker as we are gonna lose a lot of these tight games. DCE can kick goal can't he?

So you are suggesting swapping a 70-75% kicker for a 65% kicker?

Hastings is the only option who has a better record but he plays very few minutes

Hastings has to be the better option. Of course that would mean playing himat at hooker 80 mins.

Or at the very least 65 mins and have Walker/DCE kick if he is off the field.

Was watching a clip from 2011 (DCE's second match in first grade) and he was our first choice kicker. He kicked really well. Obviously he doesn't want the gig, otherwise he'd be our goal kicker.

Walker kicked really well a few weeks ago, 7 from 7 i think it was.

DCE has a 64% success rate to date, this is why Walker is above him

We did ok with Killer who probably didn't have a much better percentage. We haven't lost a game this year because of Walkers kicking yet either. Just saying.

We could also just get a kicking coach to refine and get Walker to kick more consistently...maybe?

Or get him to practise.

Did he pass the ball tonight? (Doubt it.)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8