Does Burbo cement a Top 17 spot in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have they checked Mr & Mrs Turbo’s hammies maybe it’s a genetic defect that can be bred out should they choose to have anymore baby turbos. 😂

I have to admit that I have never held high expectations for Burbo… seems a toiler that has a high level of fitness and a decent skill level but does not have Turbo’s speed or skill (who does tho?) and is lacking Jake’s strength and technical tackling style (another high-water mark)… he runs a good line on an edge but needs to hit a hole as his post-contact metres are negligible…
…but…
I was really impressed by his efforts in the rorters trial… he seemed a real handful against NRL-level forwards, consistently made post-contact metres and was attracting 3 defenders regularly… could be a REALLY big year for the 3rd Trbojevic …

I have to admit that I have never held high expectations for Burbo… seems a toiler that has a high level of fitness and a decent skill level but does not have Turbo’s speed or skill (who does tho?) and is lacking Jake’s strength and technical tackling style (another high-water mark)… he runs a good line on an edge but needs to hit a hole as his post-contact metres are negligible…
…but…
I was really impressed by his efforts in the rorters trial… he seemed a real handful against NRL-level forwards, consistently made post-contact metres and was attracting 3 defenders regularly… could be a REALLY big year for the 3rd Trbojevic …
I've had high hopes for Burbo for a while now but suspect he's still growing into his fairly lanky frame. I'm sure he'll be good this year and expect even better next year and the year after.
He has the work ethic to succeed in NRL but key for Burbo will be avoiding injury, he's found a few in his short career so far.

The Ballad of Ben Trbojevic ...
Big Frame and Big name
Lets see he how he goes in Big NRL Games where the Intensity is a Big leap up from trial Games

He has the work ethic to succeed in NRL but key for Burbo will be avoiding injury, he's found a few in his short career so far.
Agree key for Burbo will be avoiding injury, especially if he has Turbo's genes.
I also think the other key for him is establishing himself in the NRL in his own right and without the tag of "the Urbo's younger brother". Yes, he works hard enough and deserves to succeed.

I had some reservations about Ben but I thought he played some pretty good footy towards the back end of last year. He seemed to mature both, mentally and physically and he's definitely playing with more confidence.
He seems to have the same work ethic as Tom and Jake and I think he's going to cause a few selection headaches for Seibold as the season progresses.

I dont know the junior coach, and it could be fake news, but I remember reading that one coach considered the young Burbo better for his age than both of his brothers had been. Have always thought there was something special about the kid, not as fast as Turbo or defensively as potent as Jake, but then much faster than Jake and a better defender than Turbo. He's like a piece of both brothers taped together. More out of hope, I see him at lock with Schuster and Olakau'atu in the second row. Dreaming maybe but if the potential is reached for each of these forwards, Manly will have close to, if not the best back row in the comp.

Agree key for Burbo will be avoiding injury, especially if he has Turbo's genes.
I also think the other key for him is establishing himself in the NRL in his own right and without the tag of "the Urbo's younger brother". Yes, he works hard enough and deserves to succeed.
Yeah, I get the feeling he's keen to try an shake it off. Mind you, I'm sure his nothing but proud of them. I can see him becoming a Daniel Gartner type. Wouldn't mind that.

Last edited:
I dont know the junior coach, and it could be fake news, but I remember reading that one coach considered the young Burbo better for his age than both of his brothers had been. Have always thought there was something special about the kid, not as fast as Turbo or defensively as potent as Jake, but then much faster than Jake and a better defender than Turbo. He's like a piece of both brothers taped together. More out of hope, I see him at lock with Schuster and Olakau'atu in the second row. Dreaming maybe but if the potential is reached for each of these forwards, Manly will have close to, if not the best back row in the comp.
Ben will be one of the best edge forwards in the game one day

Gartner + Menzies + Kosef = my favourite Manly backrow ever. If he turns out like Daniel Gartner, I will be thrilled.
The Great Premiership Winning Kosef, Gartner, Menzies Back row was unearthed and nurtured by the Great Bob Fulton

The Pick of our Back Row Pack ...
Haumole Olakau’atu is another Fulton Pathway Product who is up there with the most Dynamic back rowers in the RL World . Haumole has Enormous Power and Skill . He is an Amazing Athlete

It’s a no from me! Although he’s used as a prop I would love to see Bullemor on our left edge, big strong and fast.
I had really high hopes for Bully when he was signed from the Broncs because he had shown some real ability in a short time up there… he was not a regular starter under Des and I was really underwhelmed by him until the back end of last season when his form improved and he looked good…
Hopefully he has turned the corner and is back to that early level that he showed he is capable of - but it worries me that he came good against some ordinary teams when the pressure was off…

Ben T at edge is not going to take us to top 8. We are sadly lacking mongrel back rowers.

Strongly disagree, Bully is a middle and a middle only for me.
The natural role for Bullemor should be the edge, but I agree - he doesn’t seem to handle it well.
We are seriously weak in back row talent.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8