Does Burbo cement a Top 17 spot in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It wouldn't be easy for Burbo to have the Trbojevic name with Jake & Tom for brothers. He's obviously, and admitted to, bulking up in the off-season with the hope of establishing himself permanently in 1st grade. He's taken a leaf out of Jake's book and certainly isn't short on effort and is giving it his best shot to make it himself.

Interesting he's only been extended for 1 year, but I say good luck to him.

Possibly Ben’s choice and is backing himself to get a better contract at the end of 2024.

This one-year business is a salary-cap balancing thing, he is not going anywhere else. I've already said I think he is coming along really well and by end of year he will be somewhere near fixed in the 17 (I think he is only 21 still?) and we will be well used to cheering him on. 2024 will definitely be his year and he is going to have a big career.

I think Burbo "looks" a lot better this season in a small sample size.

I had been fairly critical last year wondering what his elite skills would be. Not fast enough to be in the centers, not strong enough to play in the forwards.

But to my eye he is bigger and stronger this year and a move to the forwards is the right call.

I'm assuming he has the desire and work ethic to get better each year and I'm now optimistic he could turn into our 13 in the future.

He seems like a very nice young man but I'm wanting to see a bit more mongrel in his game. Even if it cost us a penalty or two I'd love to see him get a case of the crazy eyes.

He's not Jake or Tom. But there are elements of both in his play. I would like this kid at lock (if Parker doesnt end there). He's got the physique, toughness, speed and tackling ability to be quite effective in that role, also as a outside running forward.

He's not Jake or Tom. But there are elements of both in his play. I would like this kid at lock (if Parker doesnt end there). He's got the physique, toughness, speed and tackling ability to be quite effective in that role, also as a outside running forward.
And he has decent ball playing ability - he used to be a hole runner and scored many off the schu lower grades and anyone who can hit holes, has the logic of passing also.....I feel lock is his likely destination and could suprise over time.....I hope.
The Trjobovic boys are all so down to earth, you just really like to see them succeed

Old news. Which is good. Club doing the deals behind the scenes and making it official when they want too. Really hoping that’s the case with Weekes as well.

There was a bloke called Glenn Stewart that spent 4 years playing only 19 games in the top grade and did not become a regular until he was 23 years of age. Plenty of time for Burbo to still become a champion.
And I can think of a bloke with a similar build to Ben, who also debuted at 19, and first couple of seasons got games off the bench or a few at centre and second row. After 7 seasons of NRL his improvement was rewarded with an Origin spot. Then he still kept improving! (Isaah Yeo).

The problem with having Tom & Jake is you can't upset them.

There was a bloke called Glenn Stewart that spent 4 years playing only 19 games in the top grade and did not become a regular until he was 23 years of age. Plenty of time for Burbo to still become a champion.
Yes every time I half write this bloke off I remember Glenn Stewart who for a few years looked workmanlike at best and very much the second fiddle.

I haven't seen much in Burbo so far I've gotta say BUT I suspect we'll only really know when we get an injury crisis and he has to step up and play 80mins for a few weeks in a row and we'll see if he got the stuff. These 10 min cameos here and there doesn't seem to be his go. Still I think for me it's more a hope than an expectation.

Out of all the 'urbos who's the biggest pants man?
cant touch this GIF

Ben's really hitting the line harder this season and his post metre contact is impressive also. Big things ahead for Burbo this year.

We should all hope that Burbo cements a top 17 spot this year - it probably means Manly is winning most games.

A triple Turbo is undeniably fast and powerful............

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2