Does Burbo cement a Top 17 spot in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree. Play Schu at lock.
Playing at lock means playing in "the middle"

Playing in the middle means tackling props and the other big boys. It also means taking hit ups into the same people.

The Schu doesn't want to do that - he wants the razzle-dazzle. He doesn't like the physicality of it from where I sit. Thats why he wanted to play 5/8.

(P.S I do agree he has the body to play lock and it would help Manlys balance a lot if he could play there)

Playing in the middle means tackling props and the other big boys. It also means taking hit ups into the same people.

The Schu doesn't want to do that - he wants the razzle-dazzle. He doesn't like the physicality of it from where I sit. Thats why he wanted to play 5/8.

(P.S I do agree he has the body to play lock and it would help Manlys balance a lot if he could play there)
Don’t disagree with you but I have a slightly different read on Schu’s defence…
I actually think the middle suits him better because it his reads and footwork that get him in poor defensive positions on the edges…
The big boppers have less lateral movement so I actually think he would be better placed defending in the middle…

Ah yes but in 2021, he was in the second row and played like an extra 5/8 as well as playing 80 minute games and having a tackle rate on average near 30 only bettered by Jake and Croker with a high completion rate in tackling. He can manage it, no question. Just needs to get that head and body operating in the manner it should.

I actually think the middle suits him better because it his reads and footwork that get him in poor defensive positions on the edges…
The big boppers have less lateral movement so I actually think he would be better placed defending in the middle…
This is certainly true, and why Seibold was considering a "roaming" role at lock in attack for him, while keeping it tight defensively. There is only one issue - this requires an even greater level of fitness than required defending on an edge. This is Schu's problem, his defence isn't really the issue, it's his fitness and motivation to maintain

I guess I am almost talking about an old style ball playing lock.
I can see it working if Burbo and Schu swap at certain times.
Someone mentioned share the lock role with Brown. Another good thought.

Jake needs to be a prop as he is a prop.

I agree with you that middle probably suits better in that lateral movement and reads are more his problem than anything else. The only question mark I have about defending Schu in the middle, is his engine - it's a 2 stroke lawn mower without oil. He'll get plenty of traffic in the middle and will need to be fit and energetic.

I agree with you that middle probably suits better in that lateral movement and reads are more his problem than anything else. The only question mark I have about defending Schu in the middle, is his engine - it's a 2 stroke lawn mower without oil. He'll get plenty of traffic in the middle and will need to be fit and energetic.
Should be ok if he shares the minutes with Brown. Play Brown at the start of halves when the speed is most intense.

Any concerns over Burbos 10 hitups for 63m 14pcm or 4 missed tackles?
Thought he had a good game but was surprised that his numbers weren't great.
I just watched a clip of his highlights for the match on Facebook. For most of his carries he was being tackled at almost the exact same time as catching the ball. Just a consequence of the way we were using him.

Controversial take, but I think teams are already targeting Ben in defence and his “all energy” approach is going to wear him down as the season goes on.

I may get shut down but I’m seeing more consistency from Waddell. He’s more mature as a player and defensively holds his own. Has been giving it a red hot crack this season.

Controversial take, but I think teams are already targeting Ben in defence and his “all energy” approach is going to wear him down as the season goes on.

I may get shut down but I’m seeing more consistency from Waddell. He’s more mature as a player and defensively holds his own. Has been giving it a red hot crack this season.
Off the bench for 10-20 minutes late in games when opposition is tired and playing on a one year contract,of course he’s going to have a red hot crack.Three rounds in and only one loss,is not the time to start culling

He wasn’t atrocious by any means. The team lost as a collective. Sure, a drop ball but that happens in footy and it’s up to the team to defend our errors.

Coaches aren’t as reactive as fans and the worst thing you can do is drop a player after one subpar performance. It says you’re not allowed to make errors and you’re not safe in this environment.

Off the bench for 10-20 minutes late in games when opposition is tired and playing on a one year contract,of course he’s going to have a red hot crack.Three rounds in and only one loss,is not the time to start culling
He's had 3 big games now, he'll appreciate the drop in class next Sat. He'll be looking for a big game from himself as will several others.

Again I say PATIENCE. He's 22 just starting his career. Every game is a learning experience. So he made a few mistakes. Surprise. They all do it when they're young. He'll learn from that.
We also learn that if we keep making mistakes we get dropped
Great opportunity for him to recover , restore and reclaim the right to wear our Legendary Manly journey

He's had 3 big games now, he'll appreciate the drop in class next Sat.
The Dragons always put up a good fight against us Feathered friend
We need to fight our way out of Wollongong if we are to come home winners

We also learn that if we keep making mistakes we get dropped
Great opportunity for him to recover , restore and reclaim the right to wear our Legendary Manly journey
Dropping too early just crushes confidence. Errors are a part of the game and even the best make them. However, when they’re made by rookies, they often get extra attention.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8