Does Burbo cement a Top 17 spot in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder what the thread on Glenn Stewart looked like in his first couple of years?

Not saying he will be the next Glenn or even the level of his brothers but it is pretty early on for almost all forwards to mature.

Ben T is the man for the right centre position, modern day centre for me, defensively he has been very good, played well there for a couple games last season.

Garrick out next week with HIA he may get another crack there.

Unbelievable this forum?! Last week he was bashed from pillar to post, now he is our saviour and should be upgraded…it’s harmless and I get that people are just venting and that’s fine but typically, in the game of rugby league, if you win, your players play well and if you lose, they play poorly. That’s the game. We are only ever a good win away from having the complete roster, and a poor loss away from needing a complete rebuild 😂

Unbelievable this forum?! Last week he was bashed from pillar to post, now he is our saviour and should be upgraded…it’s harmless and I get that people are just venting and that’s fine but typically, in the game of rugby league, if you win, your players play well and if you lose, they play poorly. That’s the game. We are only ever a good win away from having the complete roster, and a poor loss away from needing a complete rebuild 😂
Agree, LC. But he definitely proved his value as a utility today. It'll be hard to shift him from the top 17 for that reason alone.

It's more about how gash Garrick has been at centre.

Seems to me, we can strengthen two positions....given how gash our wingers, especially Tommy T can be.

Yeah I think if Ben has another strong game at centre next week Garrick should put his hand up to go back on the wing for now. He is a top quality winger with high involvement and in the top 5 wingers in the game imho. Let's just see how Ben goes next week though now his confidence is up.

It's more about how gash Garrick has been at centre.

Seems to me, we can strengthen two positions....given how gash our wingers, especially Tommy T can be.
I agree, only issue is our 2nd rower is played reserve grade. Really hope Shu can find some form, could really help with the pieces of the puzzle.

Ben was solid tonight, real props to him. After an underwhelming last two weeks, to be put in to fill another position pretty much the whole game and mark a truly elite centre, he did very good. The big body works at centre and his hands for the Paulo try was beautiful. Lovely bounce back performance from Burbo, keep him at centre for next week and leave Wads on that edge because he was terrific there as well.

Note I'm a Burbo supporter, not the finished article but think he is progressing well.

That said interested in the narrative that Garrick is a terrible defender but Burbo much better.

Ben missed 6 tackles yesterday, Rubes hasn't missed that many all year (5, 4, 2, 3).

On a whole Ben's tackle efficiency this year is 79% and Rubes is 84%.

Not claiming Rubes doesn't need to improve, he does, especially his reads but he isn't some outlier terrible defensive centre.

Also a few "bad reads" people have lambasted him for have already been 3 on 2s.

I think the centre move is still ongoing for me, no line through it yet.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8