does fatty really support manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nodd, good for you for being an upstanding member of the community.  But Nodd, you have my permission to go and get on the turps, get blind drunk, fall over, pee in a bush or whatever if you are a nobody like myself, because no-one will care.  If, however, you are not, then beware, there's a camera out there stalking away and felons ready to lay on the hard word and put you on the front page.  Nodd, it's such a delight to be a nobody.      

Back in the fat mans day (and I suppose mine as well) you could drink until you were a puddle on the floor and the barstaff would keep feeding you syrup. You may as well try to compare players from different eras.

You cant tell me that Vautin did not play up when he was a young player and I bet some of those Maroon bonding sessions were screamers.

DSM5 link said:
Nodd, good for you for being an upstanding member of the community.  But Nodd, you have my permission to go and get on the turps, get blind drunk, fall over, pee in a bush or whatever if you are a nobody like myself, because no-one will care.  If, however, you are not, then beware, there's a camera out there stalking away and felons ready to lay on the hard word and put you on the front page.  Nodd, it's such a delight to be a nobody.      

Well that's my point really.

These blokes can't get it through their heads that everyone is watching them and one slipup, no matter how small will be jumped on.

Ryno link said:
No i don't. He admitted to doing it but was he ever in trouble?

Fine go out and drink as much as you want but control yourself.

I've been drinking for 26 years and have managed to stay out of trouble.

And if you can't stay out of trouble don't drink.

How do you know he didn't get in trouble and it just didn't get reported? As mentioned on this site yesterday he once bragged on the footy show about a drinking session at the Styne where all the boys were standing around the bar naked. You will find that this act is actually a criminal offence. Imagine if a player did that today.

I think it is safe to say yes Brett was drunk, he got refused service but how do you and I and everyone else know that he didn't just go 'ok that's it I'm off home. Got in a cab that dropped him off, he walks thru his front gate falls over and onto the alleged victim and the whole sh*t fight has snowballed from that. Fact is we don't know what happened after he got out of the cab so I think it is a bit harsh to say he has let people down, he is entitled to have a drink. Did he get himself in trouble OR did someone pick him out, time will tell.

Until then my son still looks up to him and wants to be him, not for what he does off the field but what he does on it.
[/quote]

Yes right on all accounts.

I probably went a bit overboard with the letting himself,club and others down.

It is just so frustrating that these blokes can't get it through their heads that, unfortunately, because of their fame, they can't get away with what us ordinary folk can.

Yeah I know it is frustrating but I don't think the problem is as bad as it is made out to be. I think there is a very small minority out there that are too thick to get it. But then look at how many of these guys get targetted just for doing what they do.

How many times has Benji Marshall been picked while his been out, the recent assault allegations against Greg Bird- he now has the security guards and cctv footage supporting him as being the actual victim. When ever an indident happens involving a player the media is quick to jump on it and turn on them. Sometimes this maybe justified and the player is in the wrong but on how many occassions is it that their only crime is that they were out enjoying themselves.

They are being watched closely but I think it may be more of a case of people targetting them for their own advantage or humor. What I do find strange is that when there is evidence to support bad behaviour by a player, nothing seems to happen to them (ie Lockyer) but when there is no evidence and just someones word well we are seeing what happens.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6