Post-Game Discussion Dolphins V Manly [Round 10, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Dolphins
Vs
Sea Eagles
30 Suncorp Stadium
09 May 2024 19:50
80:00 minute

Match Stats

What was the game plan for tonight's game. The captain was trying to either score ,throw the Miracle pass or kick a 40/20, fwds running sideways and waving their hands at players as they run past them. a full back that was continually out of position, and trying to play like a forward, Tom it is nice to come in occasionally not all the time. Suggest that the centres and wingers mark their opposite player in defense, and in wet conditions please don't try to run close to the sideline. Overall the majority of the players remined me of headless chooks, who can't tackle and running all over the place with no direction. Coaches fault, players fault, combination of both?
That's the skippers plan every week.... it works about half the time on a good year. In a few weeks time all the passes will stick and the commentators will wax lyrical again..... but it's not the truth and the way he plays is not sustainable to win a comp. When we did win the comp he was in his first year and very much the junior player...he didnt play as frantic as he does now as the older players kept him in line....in the ten years where he has run the team we've been frantic and all over the shop. A white knuckle ride.

It's not all his fault and its not lack of effort and he bleeds for the club....and we have no other options. But he's not gonna get it done for us I've come to the sad realisation.

Last edited:
Anyway another crap night at Suncorp and I have to front up again next week.
Good on you for fronting up @The Wheel . You are a Great Loyal Manly Man

Nothing personal against Seibold .
But They say a team takes on the personality of the head coach
and when you look at the overall records of all the coaches this seems to make sense

Another poor effort;

Forwards are rubbish unfortunately - Sipley back to Blacktown, really need a quality 2nd rower who can tackle asap to help out. Waddell average, Bull is a middle (I know injury forced out hand).

DCE is a mistakeathon last few weeks, getting found out in defence.

We seemed totally gassed the longer it went in both halves - not sure what happened to our fitness.

Anyway another crap night at Suncorp and I have to front up again next week.
I won’t be there next week.

Just a quick thanks tho to GKCT who was the only player who signed an autograph and took a pic with my kids at the end.

I get the team lost, but fair go minimal player engagement at the end. Dce (spoke with what appeared to be family for ten mins before taking a few pics then left) Saab, Lodge and Lawton, were really the only ones who came over. And tbh I think all were there to connect with family/ friends. I think guac connected with a section of the crowd as well. Pretty ordinary showing. Maybe I missed a few.

@The Wheel do you know if there are any other fan engagement sessions or opportunities over the next week. Kids were a little let down tonight tbh. that said they have been spoilt by player engagement at the Heat games.

Two weeks ago I said that I thought we'd be doing okay if we won 2 of the next 4 games before the bye, any less and we'll probably miss finals and any more we'll be looking good for September.

Well we've lost two in a row and now we're without TT and Saab, with the next two matches against Broncos and Storm.

Starting to get that sinking feeling, unfortunately.

Two weeks ago I said that I thought we'd be doing okay if we won 2 of the next 4 games before the bye, any less and we'll probably miss finals and any more we'll be looking good for September.

Well we've lost two in a row and now we're without TT and Saab, with the next two matches against Broncos and Storm.

Starting to get that sinking feeling, unfortunately.
I said to my son on the bus trip home. “Manly seasons are like Groundhog Day now” he was like huh? And then I explained it and he got it. Seriously tho. This season could be last season. It’s a near replica. What happened to the Manly way? We are the same as last year and the year before that.

Just a quick thanks tho to GKCT who was the only player who signed an autograph and took a pic with my kids at the end.

I get the team lost, but fair go minimal player engagement at the end. Dce (spoke with what appeared to be family for ten mins before taking a few pics then left) Saab, Lodge and Lawton, were really the only ones who came over. And tbh I think all were there to connect with family/ friends. I think guac connected with a section of the crowd as well. Pretty ordinary showing. Maybe I missed a few.

@The Wheel do you know if there are any other fan engagement sessions or opportunities over the next week. Kids were a little let down tonight tbh. that said they have been spoilt by player engagement at the Heat games.
At least you did have a Manly player engagement . Thats a good thing @Waz13

I said to my son on the bus trip home. “Manly seasons are like Groundhog Day now” he was like huh? And then I explained it and he got it. Seriously tho. This season could be last season. It’s a near replica. What happened to the Manly way? We are the same as last year and the year before that.
Hopefully we can turn our season around
Never give up @Waz13 because thats The Manly Way us Manly people represent

I applaude you for staying after that debacle, the worst game I have attended for many years, Manly were gassed with 25 minutes to go, its a miracle it wasn't worse, CRAP defence against a very ordinary Redcliffe side, appalling lack of effort from many players, total lack of imagination and leadership. Same old **** different day. Disappointed, pissed off and too angry to sleep.

The team is broken and my heart is broken. Goodnight.
Good night feathered friend
All our Passionate Manly hearts are broken
The Good thing is
All Manly Hearts are resilient and do mend in time for our next game
1715264341696.png

Manly is pathetic
The NRL is pathetic
Season over
There is no game any more. What an absolute load of rubbish spectacle that was.
At least now with Manly f&$@ed nice and early I can focus on other things.
The game of rugby league has been destroyed forever by the legal fraternity.
I’ll sit back and enjoy the times I had in the past because this game and this team have no future.

NYEagle
And just to think another season over in May
And we have another long off season to look forward too
Very pissed off right now with our club

I will be there next week. I thought DCE did pretty well with the fans at the end of the match. Yes he was there with family (my dad and I got out of our front row seats to let DCEs family get their smaller kids down to the fence) but he still took time for photos and autographs with other MWSE fans (my daughter included)

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_aefcddd7-5a4c-45ba-b6a8-d6a00012c67b.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_aefcddd7-5a4c-45ba-b6a8-d6a00012c67b.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 22
I will be there next week. I thought DCE did pretty well with the fans at the end of the match. Yes he was there with family (my dad and I got out of our front row seats to let DCEs family get their smaller kids down to the fence) but he still took time for photos and autographs with other MWSE fans (my daughter included)
Yeah you can’t get pics all the time. No biggie and the amount of Brisbane Heat gear and pics my kids have obtained after matches makes up for it. Perhaps comparison of that experience to last night was what left me a bit bewildered. At least dce came over and engaged. Just a bit disappointed a few other players didn’t come over.

I have heard there could be a pre game event next Friday

DCE was playing for the Dolphins last night.
He threw an intercept try, awful missed tackle for the Fuler try, and a bad knock-on when Manly was in the attacking zone…..
Paying an obscene amount for a total fraud undermines the whole team, and denies the club any chance of success.

Probably going to be:

1. Koula
2. Paulo
3. Parker / Burbo
4. Garrick
5. Talau (as much as I want Garrick on the wing after that performance)
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Olakau'atu
12. Burbo / Waddell
13. Jake
14. Lawton
15. Waddell / Bullemor
16. Sipley / Brown
17. Lodge / Brown

I can see us seeing the light and moving Garrick back to the wing. That edge was better defensively with him on the wing. He looked absolutely gassed, however.

Paulo has to come in, SMH. Why on earth was he signed for three years. Talau deserved his contract.

There appears to be an agenda against Parker but I don't see Ben as too much better at centre, than Parker. He's not that quick either.

GCKT showed more than Lawton today, in about 5 minutes.

Koula at FB might be the only saving grace here. No way he is underutilised there, as he is at centre.
Go and watch Parker in reggies. You'll wonder how in the hell he gets a run.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11