Post-Game Discussion Dolphins V Manly [Round 10, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Dolphins
Vs
Sea Eagles
30 Suncorp Stadium
09 May 2024 19:50
80:00 minute

Match Stats

If the Dolphins weren't full of Ex Storm scum, they'd be my second team. The kid at halfback is a gun, Herbie is a gun, the dude at full back is a gun, and this was without the Hammer.

We deserved to lose purely because we challenged the "high" shot in Turbo....dead set worst bunker penalty ever...

Can you imagine if you showed that penalty to Noel Kelly or Dallas Donnelly ?

They would either laugh their heads off or cry at what had happened to the sport they loved.

I feel like this club is at a cross roads with some big decisions to be made in the foreseeable future. But this year I have to say we are massive pretenders. We just hope that we can score 31 points as we conceed 30 every week.

1. I'm prepared give seibold a go but we need to get some better people around him. Whilst our attack and style of play might be nice to watch sometimes, there is no denying we are soft. Terrible defence out wide and lazy around the ruck. We do not have the defence or The resilience to come close to the top teams. We have a roster that should be doing better.
2. Iove Crocker's work ethic and toughness but he's not a top 4 dummy half. Time to look to the future. Forget about Lawton also.
3. Tommy Tommy... We love you mate and I've never questioned your desire but...well ok l..I'm questioning your desire. Lots of basic school boy errors in your game this year, some questionable defence and lazy positioning. The injury tonight was unfortunate but... We can't be paying you such a large percentage of the salary cap to have you play 12 games a year.
4. Saab might have speed but offers little else. Surely there are better options out there.
5. Our back 5 offer nothing coming off our own 20m. Penrith do this so well.
I don’t necessarily ageee with the individual comments but I agree with the sentiment. We realistically need mass changes to the forward pack mostly. Unfortunately when you sign a coach who is coaching to save his career he won’t risk making the changes we all see are needed.

Essentially beat themselves again , just can 't seem to hold their overall game together for a full 80 lately . Not only disappointing, just a poor reflection on general game management and style of play .
Defensive deficiencies not helping also and also unfortunately definitely seems noticeable the drop of in the fitness level for the duration also lately.
D C E back to his bad old habits , Turbo largely ineffectual the way he is being used for some time now .Poor set up options when some real scoring opportunities are on offer .
Responsibility can only be mainly directed at the coaching and senior playing roles and really lost for an explanation after those really good early season showings from those senior players and overall good team performances .
Really thought that could be a positive turnaround . Even that early useful lead was again and similar to the Raiders match , mainly as a consequence of opposition errors and not good constructive team play or efforts .
Pleased that Burbo stood up quire well , really not many other positives apart from Talu having another good solid all round game .Koula tried hard
Just too many wasted , negative plays , flimsy defence and again overall poorly executed options and game management
Not the panacea but will be a big help getting Haumole back , surely the consensus will be Koula at full back . Probably would have to go with Garrick and Talau in the centres with the expected duo of Staggs and Cobo as the Broncs centres . Paulo and guess only other option perhaps , Vagea on the other wing .
Definitely can not have Lodge and Sipley on at at set time together as props . Tent and Alioai starting , then Bully and probably also Lodge rotating props . Waddell , not sure where Brown [ if fit ] can slot in , Maybe instead of Lodge with Jake reverting to prop but maybe also need a bit of size to take on the quite formidable Broncs pack .

I won’t be there next week.

Just a quick thanks tho to GKCT who was the only player who signed an autograph and took a pic with my kids at the end.

I get the team lost, but fair go minimal player engagement at the end. Dce (spoke with what appeared to be family for ten mins before taking a few pics then left) Saab, Lodge and Lawton, were really the only ones who came over. And tbh I think all were there to connect with family/ friends. I think guac connected with a section of the crowd as well. Pretty ordinary showing. Maybe I missed a few.

@The Wheel do you know if there are any other fan engagement sessions or opportunities over the next week. Kids were a little let down tonight tbh. that said they have been spoilt by player engagement at the Heat games.
yeah, have noticed that at Brookie as well when we get beat, the players don't hang around long.

Just a random thought...
Is it co-incidental that we've played without heart in the past two matches because:
  • The Shoe was given his marching order so abruptly
  • It has been wet for the past two weeks and Manly teams are notoriously poor in heavy conditions
  • We have an ordinary pack without Guacca
  • We were favourites to win both matches

yeah, have noticed that at Brookie as well when we get beat, the players don't hang around long.
For sure @Eagle 1 My issue is that they play in Brisbane once (twice this year) and plenty of kids and families made the trek to this one on a Thurs night in pretty ordinary conditions. I mean the teams at brookie every other week. Even after a loss, the club need to be better at ensuring there is a bit of fan engagement after the game - and there was some i do acknowledge. I will be emailing the club about it not in a nasty way, just to share my experience. Perhaps I’ve been spoilt with the engagement from Heat players after bbl games. At least we got a pic with Gordie who seemed like a really nice bloke and was really chatty with my boys, signing autographs and taking a photo. So really happy about that. And I will provide that feedback to the club re gordie as well.

I only watched the match on TV but I heard the "Manly" chant at least once during the coverage. This tells me that the support for the team was strong last night. Is that a correct assumption?

For sure @Eagle 1 My issue is that they play in Brisbane once (twice this year) and plenty of kids and families made the trek to this one on a Thurs night in pretty ordinary conditions. I mean the teams at brookie every other week. Even after a loss, the club need to be better at ensuring there is a bit of fan engagement after the game - and there was some i do acknowledge. I will be emailing the club about it not in a nasty way, just to share my experience. Perhaps I’ve been spoilt with the engagement from Heat players after bbl games. At least we got a pic with Gordie who seemed like a really nice bloke and was really chatty with my boys, signing autographs and taking a photo. So really happy about that. And I will provide that feedback to the club re gordie as well.
Got a feeling there will be even less engagement next Friday night from the players, they'll be hightailing it to the sheds come the full-time siren asap.

We kept the wrong coach, we should have hung on to Flanagan. Our game plan under this coach is predictable and it's failing, with our defence in tatters. Instead of getting a roll on in the forwards we have 3 or 4 rucks then spin the ball wide, this is fine but the forwards must be making yards with quick play the balls, then send it wide. This is not happening and the opposition moves up out wide waiting for intercepts. Turbo has been running the ball on the 5th tackle so he's not in a position to chase a bomb and contest it. He's 6'5 and with momentum should be able to out jump and other fullback or winger, but he's gone for 8 weeks.

If your game plan isn't working there's got to be a plan B. Our defence is ****, the go forward up front is not happening, with one out running our forwrds are getting hammered. Then they decide to spread the ball which looks panicky and the ball is going all over the place with no metres gained and the ball just waiting to be interecpted.

Training this week should be solely on defence, our attack can click into action once the defence is sorted out.

Were all the players laughing with the opposition at full time like they did last week?

I'm sorry, but this is not Manly. We've lost that winning culture (or even a sense of pride in defensive performance), and it feels these players have an apathy to losing to be honest, under the guise of "let's stay even keeled".

Staying even keeled has averaged you 10th over the past decade including this year !! Most dislikable roster I can remember in my entire footballing experience.

We keep getting out of date blow ins who have been discarded and/or downgraded at other clubs, and that's our recipe for success?

I didn't watch last night. I am ABSOLUTELY not watching our club gift The Broncos a free win at Suncorp next week (our home game - cop THAT season ticket holders, but a few extra $$$ for Penn though). It's just not entertaining anymore. You just know you're going to be disappointed before a balls kicked.

Were all the players laughing with the opposition at full time like they did last week?

I'm sorry, but this is not Manly. We've lost that winning culture (or even a sense of pride in defensive performance), and it feels these players have an apathy to losing to be honest, under the guise of "let's stay even keeled".

Staying even keeled has averaged you 10th over the past decade including this year !! Most dislikable roster I can remember in my entire footballing experience.

We keep getting out of date blow ins who have been discarded and/or downgraded at other clubs, and that's our recipe for success?

I didn't watch last night. I am ABSOLUTELY not watching our club gift The Broncos a free win at Suncorp next week (our home game - cop THAT season ticket holders, but a few extra $$$ for Penn though). It's just not entertaining anymore. You just know you're going to be disappointed before a balls kicked.
Game over, business as usual move on to next week, no harm done. That seems to be the attitude.

What sort of last line of defence attempt was that from Tom? He deserved to get injured. Ridiculous attempt.
TBH I reckon with Koula at the back we'll be a better footy side, I don't understand why but Tom's cover is awful now, he rarely reads the play and is more often than not caught out of position, it will be interesting to see if Seibold puts Koula in the one, Garrick needs to be shifted back to the wing, the centre experiment is an abject failure, what he does about both centre positions remains to be seen but clearly Garrick's a liability, maybe time to elevate some junior talent to the 30 and begin experimenting, anything other than what we're seeing now would be a step in the right direction oh and doing something about our soft middle, a team of under sevens would break these sissies, at my age I'd defend better than Sipley and Co, sadly I was lulled into a false sense that we have finally turned the corner, unfortunately my hopes have been dashed and nothing's changed, our structures are little different from Hasler mk2 and I'm not happy 😡

Come on Ryan, last week you said calm down we are coming 5th :):). Now we are right up sh1t creek. Same place we were last week, with the same crap tactics and same lazy players. Siebold, Dymock and Ennis have not made one difference or changed anything this year. We have mentor positioning coaches, we have high performance coaches, high performance consultants, football analysts....I wouldn't feed any of them.. They are failures also.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12