Donny Singe - you legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I read a lot of people blame trainers and their techniques across all the clubs when injuries are brought up, I don't think it is that much of an indication of poor training though

As a few examples, Matai with his smashed nose and finger, doesn't matter how hard he gets worked, get caught like he was and something will break

Luke Burgess gets bent over backwards and does his knee, no extra training will make him the rubber band man, Mateo was put in a similar situation

Most injuries that occur simply come through contact or things being bent in ways they shouldn't be and there is no training you can do to prevent those

It has everything to do with it. The body of a professional athlete in the modern era is a very complex and delicate thing. Training regimes are tailored to the suit the individual, and if they are in anyway out of sync with what's required, injury will be the outcome. It's all to do with the pressure on muscle tissue, joints, and bones. That's why some players will have their knees bent over backwards, have an x-ray, and come back in a month after suffering minor ligament damage, whilst another player will snap their ACL and miss the entire season.

Sure, there are plenty of occurrences that simply cannot be avoided, like a broken jaw from a swinging arm, but the trainers certainly have an influence on player health and fitness, which is why clubs are spending big dollars on employing the best high performance directors/managers and trainers; they know how important it is to success.

Much on his FB. And if you read through his many comments to comments, he says he has long had the support of Scott Penn and Penn was why he had his job for so long. But coaches select their own staff. A little contradictory, but there ya have it.

Much on his FB. And if you read through his many comments to comments, he says he has long had the support of Scott Penn and Penn was why he had his job for so long. But coaches select their own staff. A little contradictory, but there ya have it.
he posted on FB and I asked him if he is going ,he said no he isnt,and that he is looking forward to next year

He took the time to personally reply to every single person who asked him a question on FB. What class. That is something we haven't seen from the club in a long time - connectivity and approach ability.

Exactly. I asked him on Facebook how Gutho, Buhrer and Ballin were going with their ACL rehab. Didn't expect a response but rather hoped someone else might share an insight. To my surprise he replied within an hour that they were all travelling well and that both Gutho and Buhrer were ahead of schedule. That's the kind of feedback a fan should get from the club, not one of their trainers.

Exactly. I asked him on Facebook how Gutho, Buhrer and Ballin were going with their ACL rehab. Didn't expect a response but rather hoped someone else might share an insight. To my surprise he replied within an hour that they were all travelling well and that both Gutho and Buhrer were ahead of schedule. That's the kind of feedback a fan should get from the club, not one of their trainers.

Donny replies to just about everyone, he's a legend !

What brilliant and heart-felt comments from Donnie. I hope he retains a position in the club somewhere. We need men of his passion and knowledge.
As for Manly looking unfit and slow, I say: the final match with Cronulla dispelled this notion. All players tackled their hearts out, supported one another against an overwhelming amounts of pressure, and still won. Horo ran like a winger in setting up the winning try. All of them made crucial goal line tackles. The players had to be super fit to mount such an effort.
No, it wasn't their physical fitness that cost us this season. It was mental application.
Like they weren't going to be fit by the last game of the season.It's the first 10 games or so we needed the players to be fit.It certainly didn't look like that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7