Don't deserve finals footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
11 days ago we beat a sharks side in freefall. they couldnt beat themselves at the moment.

5 days ago we beat the dragons.... nuff said.

tonight we looked terrible for 70 min. why? not the players but the bloke in the box.
So we didn’t look terrible for 50 minutes of the sharks game & 60 minutes of the Dragons game - who was that down to?

So we didn’t look terrible for 50 minutes of the sharks game & 60 minutes of the Dragons game - who was that down to?

For those 50 minutes, we looked like world beaters. If we could harness and manage that for 80, consistently, then BAM. For mine it's a little bit of fitness, a little bit of coaching, a little bit of culture / commitment.

11 days ago we beat the Sharks with only 14 players for the last 30 minutes of the game after losing 2 of our props to long term injuries.

5 days ago we beat the Dragons with the same 14 players plus 3 fresh players.

Tonight we played 78 minutes of the game without the player who has been our best prop in those last 2 games.

I thought the fatigue factor was very evident.

Yes we played like a disjointed rabble with zero energy, but I can also see why.
No way. If that was the case then why is it Jake, Frog and Parker had the energy to do there job and someone else's tonight again.

Some just can't handle the heat and need to be ****ed off out of the kitchen.

For those 50 minutes, we looked like world beaters. If we could harness and manage that for 80, consistently, then BAM. For mine it's a little bit of fitness, a little bit of coaching, a little bit of culture / commitment.
I agree & would add fatigue too, since we’re now missing 4 of our starting props.

No way. If that was the case then why is it Jake, Frog and Parker had the energy to do there job and someone else's tonight again.

Some just can't handle the heat and need to be ****ed off out of the kitchen.
Are you saying Jake, Croker & Parker all played at 100% tonight?

11 days ago we beat the Sharks with only 14 players for the last 30 minutes of the game after losing 2 of our props to long term injuries.

5 days ago we beat the Dragons with the same 14 players plus 3 fresh players.

Tonight we played 78 minutes of the game without the player who has been our best prop in those last 2 games.

I thought the fatigue factor was very evident.

Yes we played like a disjointed rabble with zero energy, but I can also see why.
Problem being that we may have got 2 wins but in 240 min of footy we only looked like a decent side for the first 45 min of the sharks game…

We still should have lost that game after leading by 28 and we were terrible against a VERY poor drag queens side… tonight we never raised a yelp until the roosters went down to 12…

Problem being that we may have got 2 wins but in 240 min of footy we only looked like a decent side for the first 45 min of the sharks game…

We still should have lost that game after leading by 28 and we were terrible against a VERY poor drag queens side… tonight we never raised a yelp until the roosters went down to 12…
Don’t you think being down 3 props for the last 30 minutes of the Sharks game had an impact on us?

We hung in against our bogey side at our bogey ground & kept striking back with some lovely combinations involving Garrick, Koula & Saab, again, short 2 of our starting props against the Dragons.

Tonight we never got off the starting block.

Maxta what's that old saying that goes something like, it's not if you win or lose its how you play the game.

This group just play the game so bad.

Like you say. We have blokes who just don't look interested in being out on that footy field.

But it's not a once off. Year after year after year. Change of coach no difference. The clubs culture and lack of leaders must be so off.

It is horrible to watch this team. Just horrible
Whatever I missed in my summary mate, you described it perfectly and pretty much described the feeling of watching this and unfortunately "many" Manly games these days.
THIS is what I based not "Deserving" a spot in the finals - the lacklustre effort.
To give an example for old school supporters around in the 90's like myself, we played a final against Raiders with 7 - 8 players OUT.
We were in the game till the final whistle against a Red Hot full strength Raiders led by Meninga, who had like 11 representatives and we lost that game, but I was damn proud of that gutsy display even falling short.
This is an example of that old saying you refer to Double Hoops and I buy into that call 100%

I hope we get smashed in Las Vegas next season to embarrass him Infront of his US mates as I have no doubt he has been big noting himself as a successful owner of a team.
Any supporter that hopes his team gets smashed only embarrasses them selves

True and accurate ...Good summary Ryan

I'll support Manly regardless of where we finish, though let's all call it, Winning is what we love to see.
There are some justifiable facts with 3 front rowers and our Star fullback missing, but the blokes on the field look ordinary and a bunch of blokes thrown together who have never trained or played together, in fact the Dolphins in game 1 showed more cohesion as a unit.
Some of the defence from Tuilagi and Koula in particular was beyond pathetic.
The intensity to play the ball seems like we are waiting for the defence to have time to adjust in a training drill.....and the defensive line speed as per usual was stop and wait, but they added the icing on top by letting the Roosters simply stand and play the ball and not put the player on the ground like you learn in U'8s and apart from Oka and Jake who as per usual gave them the shoulder shots.
Some of these players don't look like they want to be there or have pride in the Manly jersey and it's getting frustrating to watch.
Well said Mexta

Manly are boring as bat ****e to watch. Other than Ola (who actually tries hard), the other six of the infamous seven have melted away and have proven a pathetic waste of money.

Would love to get rid of the lot of them but alas we are stuck with these mail-it-in players for the next 10 years. What a joy.

I’m glad this season that never got started it actually over.

NYEagle

It's strategy mate - it's the coaches - this is why you were spot on.

Who coaches and demands metrics around defensive line speed? The coaches
Who coaches and demands metrics around play-the-ball speeds? The coaches
Who coaches and demands a certain level / expectation around body shape / weight? The coaches
Who picks and drops players (like Fainu / Keppie & others)? The coaches

You said it when I was vehemently backing Siebold and Flannagan, and FMD, hand up, I couldn't have been more wrong.
Given our recent love in mate so too was I. Des had all sorts of issues but the one thing he could always fall back on was a. He was Manly and B. Hes won the big one multiple times. I just wish the owner had have waited for a better option before choosing seifold.

Given our recent love in mate so too was I. Des had all sorts of issues but the one thing he could always fall back on was a. He was Manly and B. Hes won the big one multiple times. I just wish the owner had have waited for a better option before choosing seifold.
Is it just me that has a little hidden fear that Des is going to absolutely kill it at The Titans ?

In all honesty I’d probably prefer finishing 9th instead of finishing in 7th or 8th place anyway. No point making the finals when you’re literally there to make up the numbers
After tonight’s (non) performance, I thought the same thing. That was embarrassing enough. Can you imagine being flogged by 50 in the first week of the semis? :eek:

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10