Pre-Game Dragons v Manly [Round 22, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 24
WIN Stadium
29 Jul 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won last week. Our boys will struggle to be up for this. Back to back is not really their go.
There is something seriously wrong with this team if they can't lift for their captain's 300 and last years club player trophy winner having his 100 th game. If we lose coz it was close and things just go against us, then that's just bad luck, But if they put in an insipid performance, I don't know how the rest of the team could look those 2 blokes in the eye afterwards.

They need to "turn up" as footy players stupidly seem to say a lot and put some venom in their tackles and run bloody hard with the ball. To do otherwise for this game especially, will be unforgivable, I say.

Agreed, I'm wondering who he's going to be cheering for, all I see and read is which St Merge players Flanagan has been speaking to, we should have shown him the door the day he signed with them
Maybe it works in our favour. For all we know he is telling Stmerge players to lay down. Anyone who scores a try is playing reserve grade next year. If you throw an intercept to Chez in his 300th you get a contract upgrade.

Absolutely ludicrous situation. Every night on 360 (granted this could be all rubbish as it is 360) they talk about how flanno is very active and meeting with dragons players every day and has already built a strategy to be successful next year as well as convinced bunt and Lomax to stay etc etc.

Even Gordy last night said oops better not say he is doing too much as he is still working at manly and they all looked embarrassed.

Absolutely ludicrous situation. Every night on 360 (granted this could be all rubbish as it is 360) they talk about how flanno is very active and meeting with dragons players every day and has already built a strategy to be successful next year as well as convinced bunt and Lomax to stay etc etc.

Even Gordy last night said oops better not say he is doing too much as he is still working at manly and they all looked embarrassed.
Whilst I agree I think this is the reality situation.

1) they knew he’d most likely get a FG gig when they employed him , so at best he was there for a year.
2) he’d be on a contract , so they’d have to pay him out if they sacked him.
3) he was never “ full time “ anyway , he had his media commitments anyway , so at best he’s probably there at training and on game days.

As far as we are aware not a single Manly player has announced he’s following a short term , assistant coach , to St George.

I get it’s a bad look , but it’s just for another 6 weeks anyway so I’m not going to stress.

To be completely fair , not only to Woods but all of the forwards , there was virtually no rotation as there was only Matterson on the bench , they were all completely *ed and once the roll on , and the mass of penalties / 6 agains started , they were pushing * up hill.

Woods in his first stint was pretty good, he’s not meant to be able to play 60 minutes in a game and when he had to , it showed.

I get most on here hate him , but the bias and one side of a story being pedalled by the haters is tiring.

Obviously the coaching staff see the other side , as he keeps getting picked.
Woods usually has decent stats too. I think he is given a simple job each week and he does his best to achieve it.

Last edited:

It's not really in Flanagan's interests to be helping the Dragons this year, the worse they are now the better he looks when he arrives.

Why wouldn't we be mediocre on the field, if one of the leaders at the club have more than half his foot out the door, and in someone else's place?

These coaches need to set the example and standard. At a REAL football club, that means 100% commitment and focus - nothing else is sufficient.

That brings me to Blake Green. An ex player who demanded a release and left us in the lurch. Is that the type of person we want around the club? Rewarding disloyalty and literally hurting the club.

It shows there's no tribalism anymore. They'll take just about any mercenary, and allow any behaviour. The club stinks right now.

Why wouldn't we be mediocre on the field, if one of the leaders at the club have more than half his foot out the door, and in someone else's place?

These coaches need to set the example and standard. At a REAL football club, that means 100% commitment and focus - nothing else is sufficient.

That brings me to Blake Green. An ex player who demanded a release and left us in the lurch. Is that the type of person we want around the club? Rewarding disloyalty and literally hurting the club.

It shows there's no tribalism anymore. They'll take just about any mercenary, and allow any behaviour. The club stinks right now.
100 percent agree Ryan and well said. Flanagan should have been gone weeks ago.

Blake Green is also the last person I would be having anywhere near our playing group.

Imagine if Flanno was doing this at Storm, chooks, Panthers infact most clubs, he would've been shown the door as soon as he'd signed with the dragons, yet we continue to let him be involved with the players whilst talking and building relationships with players from a rival club. The mind just boggles 🤪 And don't get me started on Green. We are a dumb football club! Wake Up you muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8