Post-Game Discussion Dragons v Manly [Round 22, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Dragons
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 WIN Stadium
29 Jul 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Boy oh boy, Schu is a worry. Showed a couple of great moments, a few poor moments, and then invisible for most of the remaining time. I guess he's consistent with this sort of performance.
Yeah, a mixed bag again, but overhaul very good tonight.

Dragons down to 12 men and we play 2 sets up the middle not even a thought to try and play wide and outnumber them. It was just dumb dumb dumb and piss poor game management.
All one out stuff in the last 20 so very few mts made, look at the trys we scored going wide, we just seem to go into conservative mode, no threats whatsoever

very happy with the win… it’s the sort of win I expected… just enjoy the W and not nitpick it too much..
We’re not a top 4 calibre team, we’re MAYBE the kind of team that will scrape into the 8 if we’re extremely lucky and be fodder for the first week of finals…

So enjoy these kinds of scrappy wins against useless opponents and don’t get too upset when the better teams belt us off the park

When you’re not a chance of winning the comp, you just gotta enjoy the ride. I knew when Tom went down that we wouldn’t be playing finals, let alone challenging for a comp. I just wanna see the team compete and I’ll take any wins we can get for pride! A great win against Chooks, a tough loss to a red hot Cowboys side, a hanging on under adversity at Shark Park and breaking the Hoodoo at a ground we haven’t won at in 20 years…I’m proud of my club and this team.

Have we ever pinned a team down their end with swarming committed defence and fast off the line? I don't ever remember seeing it this season. Great Manly teams in the past would do that consistently.
Our last attack at their line and DCE instead of an easy grubber into the in goal throws a rediculous pass into Koula's head. It was just staggering how dumb that set was.

Have we ever pinned a team down their end with swarming committed defence and fast off the line? I don't ever remember seeing it this season. Great Manly teams in the past would do that consistently.
I've seen it a few times but then we give a penalty away on the 4th or 5th and they march down the field

very happy with the win… it’s the sort of win I expected… just enjoy the W and not nitpick it too much..
We’re not a top 4 calibre team, we’re MAYBE the kind of team that will scrape into the 8 if we’re extremely lucky and be fodder for the first week of finals…

So enjoy these kinds of scrappy wins against useless opponents and don’t get too upset when the better teams belt us off the park
Beautifully summed up. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

Dragons down to 12 men and we play 2 sets up the middle not even a thought to try and play wide and outnumber them. It was just dumb dumb dumb and piss poor game management.
I’m so happy we won tonight, and do not wish to join a pile on, but from a footballing analysis standpoint, the way we managed the sin bin was why we almost lost the game.

We needed to play footy but chose to protect the lead. It didn’t need to be low percentage footy but you could see how conservative we were with the ball. Maybe we were too tired to play much footy but I was disappointed with our approach during that period.

We again lack energy and we slowed right down in half 2. Its a shame cause time and time again we shredded them out wide.

Schuster concerns me with his defence and options under pressure. He seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders. He really needs to lift!

Congratulations to DCE and Froggy for your respective milestones.

For 20 years we suffered horrible punishment at Wollongong so to finally win there is comforting.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8