Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You're probably right. But until last night we have only had Walker at 5/8 this season. And I'll admit that before the season I thought that the best choice for the team was Killer at pivot and Walker in the centres. If for no other reason than Killer's experience would be invaluable in the halves and would somewhat offset the loss of Foran.

Its definitely an option Baz has, but I seriously doubt it will happen. Injury aside Walker will continue to wear the #6 and Killer will finish his career in the centres.

Yeah I too was a fan of seeing out the walker experiment, but after 9 rounds and Killler now retiring, I think its time to call it.

Start blooding walker as centre, he will be better for it next year and have killer play out his career as 5/8.

It's easy to say in hindsight but Walker is a center. Sure the injuries and short turn arounds hasn't really placed it on a silver platter for him but the reality of it all is that he is slowly improving at 5/8.
As much as I want to see him in the centers straight away I doubt it will happen until next year.

*2016 the year of development*

For mine it was a mistake to take Dylan out of the role he's being groomed for. He wants to be at 6, Barrett wants him at 6. No comment on Pita here, but Wright could have been a competent fullback while Dylan plays against the best halves in the game, learning on the job. Instead he gets plugged into an unfamiliar role which isn't part of his future. We seriously should be concerned about ruining this awesome talent.

Apparently Walker was only taken off against NQ as a precaution suffering from hip and quad complaints. He probably could have lined up for city, but like Jake Trbojevic with his knee I think common sense has prevailed and he's getting a much needed weeks rest like most of the squad.

Its interesting to note that the rep selectors (who unless I am mistaken include Bob Fulton) see Walker as a centre and not a 5/8. This despite the rhetoric from Fulton that he believes Walker will become an Origin quality pivot.

Is he a 5/8 or is he a centre? On one hand he's not doing badly in the #6 jumper as a running player, but he needs to develop a passing game or those outside him are going to catch more colds than balls (i.e. he has a tendency to run too much). On the other hand he developed into one of the best centres in the competition at Souffs to the point where it earned him a Kangaroos test jumper.

While I do think he's developing as a running 5/8, I'm starting to feel that with the way things are injury wise within the team, our best bet might be Baz moving Killer to 5/8 and allowing Walker to use his speed at centre. And that would take some of the play making pressure off DCE's shoulders.

Last edited:
Apparently Walker was only taken off against NQ as a precaution suffering from hip and quad complaints. He probably could have lined up for city, but like Jake Trbojevic with his knee I think common sense has prevailed and he's getting a much needed weeks rest like most of the squad.

Its interesting to note that the rep selectors (who unless I am mistaken include Bob Fulton) see Walker as a centre and not a 5/8. This despite the rhetoric from Fulton that he believes Walker will become an Origin quality pivot.

Is he a 5/8 or is he a centre? On one hand he's not doing badly in the #6 jumper as a running player, but he needs to develop a passing game or those outside him are going to catch more colds than balls (i.e. he has a tendency to run too much). On the other hand he developed into one of the best centres in the competition at Souffs to the point where it earned him a Kangaroos test jumper.

While I do think he's developing as a running 5/8, I'm starting to feel that with the way things are injury wise within the team, our best bet might be Baz moving Killer to 5/8 and allowing Walker to use his speed at centre. And that would take some of the play making pressure off DCE's shoulders.
I can only think that the decision to move Walker to fullback last week was the first crack in the stance to keep him at 5/8 all year.

In the majority of our first eight matches, Walker (for Foran) was the only change in our backline from previous seasons. Manly's backline used to be red hot. Now it is arguably the most ineffective in the comp.
Age has got something to do with it, and possibility a change of coach. But surely it is apparent that Walker is not the correct link in our chain.

In the majority of our first eight matches, Walker (for Foran) was the only change in our backline from previous seasons. Manly's backline used to be red hot. Now it is arguably the most ineffective in the comp.
Age has got something to do with it, and possibility a change of coach. But surely it is apparent that Walker is not the correct link in our chain.
Yes walker needs to be moved to centre and we need a proper 5/8.

The backline was inefficient last year to under toovey so its not a coaching issue. They were so good in previous years the other teams have now put countless hours into studying their play and have now learned how to contain them. walker back to the centres is a must. could be worth a shot at playing korisau at 7 and dce at 6 with walker in the centres or even a roving role on the wing

The backline was inefficient last year to under toovey so its not a coaching issue. They were so good in previous years the other teams have now put countless hours into studying their play and have now learned how to contain them. walker back to the centres is a must. could be worth a shot at playing korisau at 7 and dce at 6 with walker in the centres or even a roving role on the wing
DCE won't be 5/8. But I agree with walker back to centres

As I type this I await the backlash.

I haven't seen anything from Walker this year to suggest he will go any better in the centres.

That he is a talent and has capabilities I don't doubt, but he is playing without confidence and impact. Maybe being in the centres would rekindle his form.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6