Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
What are people's thought's about this guy? I know he's had his drug issues, and he has had personal issues, been suspended, been injured and all that - but besides that?

When we acquired him, I thought we were getting one of the best centre's in the game?

He IS a Walker, and I keep thinking - has this bloke learned his defense in the Ben Walker school of hard (well maybe not so hard) knocks? Certainly doesn't seem like he has spent much time in the sand-pit.

That, and his attack is predictable and pedestrian. I know he's really young, but is he a bust? Or can Barrett turn him and his game around? We actually looked a whole lot better tonight without him out there.

As a centre he has been good. Unfortunately he has only played about 2 months in that position this year. But now he's apparently done his shoulder and is apparently out for the rest of the year.

We will know more next year.

Are you joking....Brown replaced him!
Agree nowhere near lived up to his reputation...has improved in a big way since going to centre & maybe working out some ways to get him more 1 on 1 situations & support players like Kapow who can offload & utilise his acceleration?
Manly seemed determined to over use the left side also ...& he was actually injured running over from right centre into that 2nd man play on the left side.
Walkers defence has been ordinary also- like the others, after a season together - expect big improvement.
Your right about him not having a great season.

He has been one of our most dangerous players this year. I think he's a worthwhile pick up but he certainly isn't a playmaker.

I was thinking the same thing could he be a bust? Look he has had a hard year was trained all off season at 6. He looks like he needs just a good offseason and a rest. He is a great player when in form. He just needs to have some things go right for him.

He's OK and good value if he is on $250K.

If he is on $400K or more we should punt him after Myles is sent packing.

I know this is a rough call, but I don't think there is a weaker defender in the game today. He is a spot defender now, and run at. I'd rather Wiliame selected ahead of him if it were a choice tbh.

Wright looked a lot better tonight though. At least as though he was trying.

Have seen moments of great football from him this year, but on the flip side I have seen more moments of not so great football from him.

Pretty disappointed with him actually, but hey when comparing him to a world class centre like Killer, I don't know if he will ever meet my standards.

Seriously though I feel a bit ripped off, not money well spent. Hope he can show us what he is made of and hope the coach can bring out the best in him next year.

Ryan i know you were missing in action for a while champ,was it when walker was playing at 5/8.

Nah man, just watching the jersey grabs and him shying away from impact and things. Just soft. At the Bunnies, he was an aggressive little machine. Here, hes just been poor (and now his attack has become predictble).

Have seen moments of great football from him this year, but on the flip side I have seen more moments of not so great football from him.

Pretty disappointed with him actually, but hey when comparing him to a world class centre like Killer, I don't know if he will ever meet my standards.

Yep the bar is set high for me too, Fulton, O'Connor, Innes, Matai and Lyon just to name a few.

I was thinking the same thing could he be a bust? Look he has had a hard year was trained all off season at 6. He looks like he needs just a good offseason and a rest. He is a great player when in form. He just needs to have some things go right for him.
I think Dylan would feel that things were going right for him if Manly games were played with no opposition players. That way he can dance around and show off his fancy footwork without getting hurt. Just make sure that he is also picked for Origin each year so he tell us about his passion to play for the blues.
NYEagle

Yep the bar is set high for me too, Fulton, O'Connor, Innes, Matai and Lyon just to name a few.

Honestly, that was the ilk I thought we were inheriting here when we bought him. You know what though - good point about the comparisons. Gotta lower the expectations / bar with him probably.

I thought we were getting an Origin / Australian test centre, that was a little hornet on the field. Not this...well....Ben Walker kinda good, kinda not, heaps of off field issues bloke that was constantly in and out of the team.

What are people's thought's about this guy? I know he's had his drug issues, and he has had personal issues, been suspended, been injured and all that - but besides that?

When we acquired him, I thought we were getting one of the best centre's in the game?

He IS a Walker, and I keep thinking - has this bloke learned his defense in the Ben Walker school of hard (well maybe not so hard) knocks? Certainly doesn't seem like he has spent much time in the sand-pit.

That, and his attack is predictable and pedestrian. I know he's really young, but is he a bust? Or can Barrett turn him and his game around? We actually looked a whole lot better tonight without him out there.

People give DCE crap for being over paid and not performing, but for mine Walker has been pretty rubbish bar 1 half against Penrith. For the money he would be on I think he is over-rated.

Sorry, that's not even close. Did you watch Origin II?

For the 'weakest defender in the game' he did well to keep shutting down Inglis the whole match.

That's awesome and everything, but I'm not talking about the NSW Blues. I'm talking about his performances for us. You could say the same things about Myles.

End of the day, it's the jersey with the Eagle on it that is important.

People give DCE crap for being over paid and not performing, but for mine Walker has been pretty rubbish bar 1 half against Penrith. For the money he would be on I think he is over-rated.

That 1st 1/2 was amazing - then he went to **** - eh.

That 1st 1/2 was amazing - then he went to **** - eh.
It coincided with a phone call to say he was selected for Origin 2 before the game I reckon. 2nd half was conservation mode. Breaking his hand was after the Origin 3 phone call.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8