Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His defence is just plain ****! No shoulders in the tackle or aggression, grabbing at opposition players... We were defending as a team without him. Not just tonight, but on our recent streak without him playing....

That's awesome and everything, but I'm not talking about the NSW Blues. I'm talking about his performances for us. You could say the same things about Myles.

End of the day, it's the jersey with the Eagle on it that is important.

His defense is not fantastic, but calling him the worst defender in the game is a huge exaggeration. I don't even know how you came to that conclusion to be honest.

I think many forget how young he still is.Still in his very early 20's.If he gets the right advice and coaching he'll be fine

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
His defense is not fantastic, but calling him the worst defender in the game is a huge exaggeration. I don't even know how you came to that conclusion to be honest.

Just watching. Going to the games. Seeing him off the television, and what he does off the ball in defense. I haven't seen a defender in a long time, as scared to attack an attacker with defense.

He shuts his eyes, looks the other way, and attempts to grab at jerseys. Check out his attempts only tonight if you can catch a replay.

Let's chat after that.

What are people's thought's about this guy?

When we acquired him, I thought we were getting one of the best centre's We actually looked a whole lot better tonight without him out there.

yes Lewis Browns defence was much better and his attack was certainly not worse

You have to have a big powerful backline if you want to carry a smallish elusive centre...we don't have that luxury.

We haven't used him correctly, the failed experiment at 6 lasted way too long. South's played to Walker's strengths by getting him early ball to isolate defenders 1 on 1 and used his acceleration by sending him chasing short grubbers inside the 20

Just watching. Going to the games. Seeing him off the television, and what he does off the ball in defense. I haven't seen a defender in a long time, as scared to attack an attacker with defense.

James Maloney for a start is next to useless as a defender and the statistics will show that too. Last week for example, only made 8 tackles and 4 missed tackles. 78 missed tackles for the year. But it isn't noticed so much when your team wins 15 games straight as the Sharks have done.

Again, no one said Walker was a fantastic defender but saying he is the worst in the game is wide of the mark.

I think many forget how young he still is.Still in his very early 20's.If he gets the right advice and coaching he'll be fine

You are right, and he is 21 years old.

James Maloney for a start is next to useless as a defender and the statistics will show that too. Last week for example, only made 8 tackles and 4 missed tackles. 78 missed tackles for the year. But it isn't noticed so much when your team wins 15 games straight as the Sharks have done.

Again, no one said Walker was a fantastic defender but saying he is the worst in the game is wide of the mark.

You are right, and he is 21 years old.

Aaah well, we are all entitled to our opinions, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think he's a liability defensively, predictable offensively.

The sad thing is Killer is/was just soo great and anyone else just can't compare. Dylan W has his positives, but can't and won't compare to one of the greatest centres ever Jamie Lyon.

I was just thinking that yesterday before the game. Not specifically comparing Walker and Killer, but that a number of players in our side have a lot to live up to with who they are replacing.

Tom and Snake. Walker and Killer. Parcell/Api and Matty Ballin.

Those are tough acts to follow.

I never rated him TBH, I've always thought he's a show pony, and fair to say I wasn't happy when we signed him.

Don't forget, while everyone is bringing up 'NSW/Australian' rep - Walker was picked for the Kangaroos out of a Grand Final-winning side; a lot of guys in that situation get picked largely because they look good in a well-performing team, play a few games, get dropped and are never seen in the rep arena again.

Dylan has always been a ball-hog centre with no apparent footy brain. He needs to be given good early ball and told 'Og, run at hole' to use the one impressive skill he has; 'Og pass to winger in better position' has always been beyond him.

Defensively, I think he has got worse since the constant hand/arm injuries (the painkillers he OD'd on were prescribed after surgery on another chronic hand injury, long before the door-punching episode). I can see why that would make you not want to get your hands or arms anywhere near an attacker, but it also makes you not up to first grade in defence. Williame is a much better defender, he at least gets the point of wrapping up the ball, and seems to be able to at least slightly read the unfolding play - he's made a few good tackles in recent weeks by rushing up and smothering the ball.

I'd prefer a solid, dependable centre who isn't capable of doing the spectacular show pony stuff TBH, if the upshot is you get a guy who actually plays for the team, occasionally passes to his winger, and makes his tackles more often than not.

Walker is a downsized Trex :cool:

He has the ability, but lacks a sense of urgency and game awareness. @:mad:
His winger will never get a pass from him :(

Lindsay Drake, Craig Field, Trex and Walker are the only Manly players that I actively hate on the field for Manly :devil:

#3MoreYearsFFS

He shuts his eyes, looks the other way, and attempts to grab at jerseys. Check out his attempts only tonight if you can catch a replay.

Let's chat after that.

Totally agree here there were times when he was just waiting back in the line. It's that old saying you need to go in harder in tackles than the guy coming toward you. Walker looks scared at times arm grabbing. I really hope he has a good preseason and comes back firing and with some defensive steel. I think that 5/8 experiment damaged him as well. That move from Barrett was quite possibly one of the worst positional changes I've seen. He is not and never was a 5/8 and everyone bar our coaching staff could see it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8