Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@Ranger i am not being critical of Walker, I like him. But if he doesn't muscle up he might be rendered useless.

It wasn't just an experiment at 5/8th, it's the position he played early on, its the position he was bought here to play.

To me he fits the half back mould better than anything else. But lacks any of the skills to play that position.

The measurements you quote are interesting. But seriously would you back Dylan to beat Jennings in a physical contest of any sort.

I remember Mark Geyer said he played junior football as a Five-Eighth as well. Just because they played it as a junior doesn't mean it will transition well at NRL level and there's no shame in that.

I don't know if Walker is as strong as Jennings. But he was sure as sh*t better than him in Origin 2 where they both played as centres.

In any case as with most of our team, he is not hitting top form yet. I am hopeful that his 2017 will be an improvement with a good off-season of preparation... as a centre.

Manly's backline will be turbo charged if they can maintain a strong solid base and a good 5/8 to support DCE. For me, Turbo, Taufua, Walker, Matai, Tom Wright, as the 1-5 would be among the best outside backs combination in the League. Just have to fix up the 5/8 position

Mate you obviously have been watching a different team. Yeah they started poorly and players playing out of position also horrible injuries but to say they lack effort and passion is just poor. They have been trying their guts out just not our year.

Supporters like you who continue to bag out the teams effort is a joke.

It was a breath of fresh air when you didn't post on here for ages because i didn't have to read your whinging crap every post.

Yes, I bag the effort when it is warranted. There have been games this year, where our energy levels have been right down. I have seen it. Other people see it. The commentators suggest it. The coach says it. The players say they need to be better and work harder themselves.

But not you.

Examples
+ 2nd half against The Panthers
+ Game against The Eels (round 7)
+ Second half versus The Knights (round 8)
+ Titans game round 15

etc etc etc. You'll find even Barrett, who likes to be upbeat and positive said we were absolutely flat and lacking in "enough" effort in some of those.

Have they performed better in the latter rounds? Yes, they have. Ans that may have been worth more, if we didn't drop the ball at times.

Anyhow, we are currently 12th overall (and could fall as low as 15th). If that's acceptable & not worthy of some form of criticism to you, then all power to you.

I repeat - this is Manly. Not Parramatta. Not North Sydney. Not The Gold Coast where fans accept bottom end of the ladder as standard behaviour on a regular basis. I know if I were a Manly player, I'd hate to have my name burdened with this years result in the books.

And mate, unless your going to be more open minded, or show some empathy, use the ignore function, and let's never correspond again. I want to share footy with people I can enjoy a discussion with, and don't want to waste time with nastiness.

Granted, I really didn't include the Trbojevic's in my thought's. I WAS thinking about players like Nate Myles, who I can't be convinced after we got hammered by The Broncos, and seeing him laugh it up with them straight after the siren has buy in here. The fact he was injured prior to SOO, plays SOO, then is injured right after SOO is unacceptable to me as well.

That's what I mean.

Dylan Walker at times has been a liability. At times, amazing. How about the consistency he showed at The Bunnies. Nut no, he's getting on the piss, and smashing doors. How's that buy in?

Lastly, while it may have been a tough topic here, hasn't it created some interesting discussion ans opinion, where people openly and respectfully discussed the matters at hand. That in itself is worthy is it not? Your was the first nasty bit of debate in this whole thread. It's a shame really, because I thought things were looking up with respect.

Last edited:
Your post was making the statement that every game has been played with no passion, no heart and the young generation (ie the turbos) dont care and only play for money. If you read your post again, thats what it comes across as. That annoyed me because there have been games especially the last few weeks the team have really been putting in, unfortunately due to poor execution not poor passion errors cost us very very winable games. We really should be a 6 run winning streak. And also wins against the cows and panthers were winable. Unfortunately not to be.

Im a passionate fan too, i hate seeing the team losing, it sucks but i rarely bash the team especially about commitment. Yeah they have had some poor games like the ones you mentioned but the way you wrote that post read like from game 1 the whole season the team has been playing without passion which i think is unfair. Players like dce absolutely bust his arse every week as does jake and recently even lussick has really improved.

Yeah the team needs to improve in lots of areas but saying they are not manly is poor. Watch jake in the post match presser. Looks like he is going to cry he is so dissapointed.

Anyway thats my rant over

Personally I don't think effort has been the problem, and I think most our players are pretty good quality, it's just getting some stability as a team.

Look how many new players we've introduced this year, not to mention some of them playing in numerous positions:

Brown, Fonua-Blake, Koroisau, Parcell, Green, Taupau, Walker, Godinet, Wright, Myles, Parker, Lussick, and I've probably missed some more.

It's no wonder it's taken a while to look like a team, we'll be hard to beat next year!

Bozo everyone knows Lyon said he didn't want to play 5/8 at the start of the season so I don't know why people keep flogging this angle. They tried something because they more or less had to and it didn't work. Anyone with half a brain knows that it is better to try and fail than never try at all.
Loobs feathered friend . Your motivational quote... "Anyone with half a brain knows that it is better to try and fail than never try at all" was used by souths coach McGuire when it was obvious that Walker was totally ineffective at 5/8 and smart coaches learn from others mistakes but it is obvious that our coaching staff are not as wise as you think they are .
images631OS44I.jpg

Your post was making the statement that every game has been played with no passion, no heart and the young generation (ie the turbos) dont care and only play for money. If you read your post again, thats what it comes across as. That annoyed me because there have been games especially the last few weeks the team have really been putting in, unfortunately due to poor execution not poor passion errors cost us very very winable games. We really should be a 6 run winning streak. And also wins against the cows and panthers were winable. Unfortunately not to be.

Im a passionate fan too, i hate seeing the team losing, it sucks but i rarely bash the team especially about commitment. Yeah they have had some poor games like the ones you mentioned but the way you wrote that post read like from game 1 the whole season the team has been playing without passion which i think is unfair. Players like dce absolutely bust his arse every week as does jake and recently even lussick has really improved.

Yeah the team needs to improve in lots of areas but saying they are not manly is poor. Watch jake in the post match presser. Looks like he is going to cry he is so dissapointed.

Anyway thats my rant over

And that's a really good point (and not a rant). It's completely relevant. I totally agree there are some players that can hold their heads very high on a very tough season full of grit, and I didn't mean to paint them ALL with that same brush.

Trbojevic certainly looks devastated at the losses (if only we could bottle his passion and enthusiasm). Buhrer, Tom Trbojevic, Lussick etc the same.

Some though, I feel are here to just do a job, and it's the clubs that have those sorts of players in them that don't win premierships.

We have float in and out of the season. We float in and out of games, too man. At times, I wasn't sure if it were fitness, motivation (and I'll admit, I was suss because of the match fixing allegations - but that's an individual thing).

I don't know. Is it the vibe? Is the culture changing? Does this years Manly team, really feel like Manly to you? I felt somewhat disconnected last season. This season I have felt really disconnected (although I still go down and watch the games and have my season ticket).

Next season will be very telling for this young man. He has the skill, pace and strength to be a great centre but we all know potential doesn't make the man.

Next season will be very telling for this young man. He has the skill, pace and strength to be a great centre but we all know potential doesn't make the man.
He has played in a winning grand final for NSW and Australia feathered friend

yes has played for NSW this season

@BOZO can you honestly say he deserved the NSW spot this year though? Jack Bird always had more claim on the bench utility role, and there are a number of centres who would be rightly pissed that Walker was chosen over them - clearly he wasn't selected on form. I suspect - like a lot of people have suggested - there were promises made regarding blues jerseys if he signed with Manly.

I said it earlier, I'll say it again - at this stage, the games Walker has played for Aus are based on his best season, in a premiership-winning team. Alex Johnston got one of those 'premiership bonus' rep jerseys as well, and has yet to be seen again at that level. So did Wolfman, Jamie Buhrer, and at least one or two every year from the GF team/s.

Plenty get their one-off rep honours after a grand final and then just disappear off the radar. Walker is yet to prove he is any more than that.

@BOZO can you honestly say he deserved the NSW spot this year though? Jack Bird always had more claim on the bench utility role, and there are a number of centres who would be rightly pissed that Walker was chosen over them - clearly he wasn't selected on form. I suspect - like a lot of people have suggested - there were promises made regarding blues jerseys if he signed with Manly.

I said it earlier, I'll say it again - at this stage, the games Walker has played for Aus are based on his best season, in a premiership-winning team. Alex Johnston got one of those 'premiership bonus' rep jerseys as well, and has yet to be seen again at that level. So did Wolfman, Jamie Buhrer, and at least one or two every year from the GF team/s.

Plenty get their one-off rep honours after a grand final and then just disappear off the radar. Walker is yet to prove he is any more than that.
Walker was fcked around at 5/8 by our coaching staff most of this season . If they leave him to settle in his best spot he will get his rhythm back and form back .

Manly's backline will be turbo charged if they can maintain a strong solid base and a good 5/8 to support DCE. For me, Turbo, Taufua, Walker, Matai, Tom Wright, as the 1-5 would be among the best outside backs combination in the League. Just have to fix up the 5/8 position
I'm still of the opinion that DCE as he matures would be a great option in the number 6, particularly with a half that can have a dart or 2 and has GOOD HANDS. DCE would get more room and more time to control the play.

Walker was fcked around at 5/8 by our coaching staff most of this season . If they leave him to settle in his best spot he will get his rhythm back and form back .

Maybe, maybe not. I'll reserve judgement unless/until we actually see that happen. I just find it a little odd that we're not hearing the "...but he's a NSW/Aus rep player!" stuff about, say, Jamie Buhrer. Who got his rep selection under the same circumstances.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7