Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A long time ago I was at a club and started to talk to one of the patrons there. After a while we disclosed who we supported I off course said the mighty Sea Eagles. The person disclosed that they followed South's. Not only was this person a South supporter but was related to Craig Fields. This piqued my intrest after all any former Manly Player deserves recognition and some accolade for their contribution to our team. This than became really interesting this relative stated that Craigs problems were all due to a certain Manly Player and a certain Manly coach. That he was a good bloke and family man etc,etc,etc. I left telling this person that it was a pleasure talking to them and I was very happy that Craig had got himself together because no on.e wants to see people with family suffer. A few weeks later we all know what happened and where he ended up and still is. My point is that perhaps if he had spent a shorter period time in custody it may have scared the ** out of him and could have avoided what happen. Walker has gotten away with so much ** that he probably he is Teflon coated. If someone makes the hard descion now be it Manly, the NRL it may avoid a terrible tragedy in the future. Sometimes the best rehabilitation is a stint in goal. Excuses don't fix problems only encourage further fcuk up. That's the obligation has to Walker to protect not only Walker but partner,child, extended family, and society itself. So please no more psychology 101 bull*, no more putting a bull* label so that he can get away with the **** he does. When he punched the door in anger that was the cry for help. When he almost overdosed himself that was a cry for help. But everybody just wall papered and gave every fckun excuse but no plan or action. Now is time for tough love.

In most part all on site would agree as I do. The only issue here is that you can't send them to jail for something they haven't proven to have done in a court of law. Do Take my hat off to you for being courteous and walking away in a good way! Gee that's a very MANLY thing to do.

A long time ago I was at a club and started to talk to one of the patrons there. After a while we disclosed who we supported I off course said the mighty Sea Eagles. The person disclosed that they followed South's. Not only was this person a South supporter but was related to Craig Fields. This piqued my intrest after all any former Manly Player deserves recognition and some accolade for their contribution to our team. This than became really interesting this relative stated that Craigs problems were all due to a certain Manly Player and a certain Manly coach. That he was a good bloke and family man etc,etc,etc. I left telling this person that it was a pleasure talking to them and I was very happy that Craig had got himself together because no on.e wants to see people with family suffer. A few weeks later we all know what happened and where he ended up and still is. My point is that perhaps if he had spent a shorter period time in custody it may have scared the ** out of him and could have avoided what happen. Walker has gotten away with so much ** that he probably he is Teflon coated. If someone makes the hard descion now be it Manly, the NRL it may avoid a terrible tragedy in the future. Sometimes the best rehabilitation is a stint in goal. Excuses don't fix problems only encourage further fcuk up. That's the obligation has to Walker to protect not only Walker but partner,child, extended family, and society itself. So please no more psychology 101 bull*, no more putting a bull* label so that he can get away with the **** he does. When he punched the door in anger that was the cry for help. When he almost overdosed himself that was a cry for help. But everybody just wall papered and gave every fckun excuse but no plan or action. Now is time for tough love.

I can assure you that sending someone to gaol is very much a double edged sword. A short stint, say 6 months may scare the daylights out of them and yes sometimes it works as long as they have something to come out to. However when people end up spending too much time in gaol, they are often damaged by the experience. Gaol is to satisfy the public need to penalise not to rehabilitate. As said short stints can work especially if they have something to come out to. Trouble is many who go to gaol, lose everything, including friendships. A person who has never committed an offence (even if they have actually committed one unknown) is less likely to reoffend than someone who has served a prison term. Someone who has been imprisoned a second time is more likely to reoffend than someone who has served one prison term. That's statistically verified.

Of course these stats can partly be because of the nature of the person. But the truism that gaol is a school to learn how to commit further crimes is quite accurate, especially as mate ships develop between like minded individuals, and there are many reasons for that including the fact that those in gaol too long only know how to relate with fellow inmates. The world leaves them behind, and their conviction will impact on questions of employment, relationships, general survival in the community.

Now that might sound like defending the offender. Its exactly the opposite because these people will be released back into your community and their danger to that community is increased. I've been responsible for thousands of parolees, and the difficulty to readapting to general community living is often problematic. I would never wish someone going through that experience, even though I've written many reports that have contributed to people getting prison terms. You would never want to go through the experience. I've actually experienced nightmares thinking I was being sent to gaol, and I was a parole officer for 34 years

I can assure you that sending someone to gaol is very much a double edged sword. A short stint, say 6 months may scare the daylights out of them and yes sometimes it works as long as they have something to come out to. However when people end up spending too much time in gaol, they are often damaged by the experience. Gaol is to satisfy the public need to penalise not to rehabilitate. As said short stints can work especially if they have something to come out to. Trouble is many who go to gaol, lose everything, including friendships. A person who has never committed an offence (even if they have actually committed one unknown) is less likely to reoffend than someone who has served a prison term. Someone who has been imprisoned a second time is more likely to reoffend than someone who has served one prison term. That's statistically verified.

Of course these stats can partly be because of the nature of the person. But the truism that gaol is a school to learn how to commit further crimes is quite accurate, especially as mate ships develop between like minded individuals, and there are many reasons for that including the fact that those in gaol too long only know how to relate with fellow inmates. The world leaves them behind, and their conviction will impact on questions of employment, relationships, general survival in the community.

Now that might sound like defending the offender. Its exactly the opposite because these people will be released back into your community and their danger to that community is increased. I've been responsible for thousands of parolees, and the difficulty to readapting to general community living is often problematic. I would never wish someone going through that experience, even though I've written many reports that have contributed to people getting prison terms. You would never want to go through the experience. I've actually experienced nightmares thinking I was being sent to gaol, and I was a parole officer for 34 years
I understand where you are coming from.I did not necessarily thought of goal I was more thinking along the line of having player’s de-registered for 12 months to 2 years. Get them to work in labour intense field and than they can choose which option they would prefer. Not sacked from one club to be picked up by another. That is enforcing and rewarding bad behaviour. My wife deals with victims of domestic violence. Trust me it’s no bed of roses for the victims but in most cases the perpetrators get away with due to lack of judicial intervention in sentencing.

I understand where you are coming from.I did not necessarily thought of goal I was more thinking along the line of having player’s de-registered for 12 months to 2 years. Get them to work in labour intense field and than they can choose which option they would prefer. Not sacked from one club to be picked up by another. That is enforcing and rewarding bad behaviour. My wife deals with victims of domestic violence. Trust me it’s no bed of roses for the victims but in most cases the perpetrators get away with due to lack of judicial intervention in sentencing.

Agreed about domestic violence. Its quite endemic. When I was working at Bankstown, I was for 3 years what is called a Court Duty Officer which meant writing on average 14 reports a week on minor offences. Was on site at the court two days weekly and I recall Friday mornings were domestic violence days. Every week the court and outside was packed. And that's just one court. Amazing the size of the court list on those days with two magistrates in session.

You are obviously not drinking enough Ronny
There were times in my younger days when 25 schooners was an average drink, unfortunately along came my missus who quickly put an end to that, or possibly fortunately, but for some reason the pain of a hangover has escaped me, I feel I've been deprived of an important part of the joy of getting pissed, maybe I should ask for a discount or a refund for not getting the full ride

Agreed about domestic violence. Its quite endemic. When I was working at Bankstown, I was for 3 years what is called a Court Duty Officer which meant writing on average 14 reports a week on minor offences. Was on site at the court two days weekly and I recall Friday mornings were domestic violence days. Every week the court and outside was packed. And that's just one court. Amazing the size of the court list on those days with two magistrates in session.
Saw this at Blacktown on a Tuesday ( or was it Wednesday?) Court packed with DVO and domestic violence.

Now we all know DES is a couple of stubbies short of a six-pack. Hes not simply the professor, but the Mad professor after all.

Now I was a bit surprised tonight to hear Mona's mentioning Walkz when discussing Manlys spine next year. I also didn't find him real convincing on Foz playing at 9.

So perhaps Walkz is just still in line for that 6 and Schuey is way way back. Or alternatively - could this goes for Walkz bloke who must think he is a tough guy, could he actually cut it, if des has visions of converting him like he did Mona's and said pack into the scrum tough guy. Now let's see how you go against men?

So do we assume if this doesn’t fall into the “ stand down “ situation Walker just plays on , has his day in court ( which could be years away ) and suffers the penalty at the time if convicted ??

@SeaEagleRock8 is this how you’d see it ??

As much as i would like to see Dylan still having a future somewhere in the N R L and finally getting his act completely together , getting Staggs [ i did read somewhere else that he wants out of The Broncs ] would be naturally a real boost , However as he would be at least a 600 k [ and probably a bit more ] rated player now and Suli on about 500 k would be putting a bit of a strain on the Manly cap . After last week"s silly antics with Dylan , doubt if other clubs would be interested in his services for 400 k .[ or even less ] Still a way to go to finalize the Manly 2020 squad but still also some serious considerations on the final recruiting outcome and squad make up .

As much as i would like to see Dylan still having a future somewhere in the N R L and finally getting his act completely together , getting Staggs [ i did read somewhere else that he wants out of The Broncs ] would be naturally a real boost , However as he would be at least a 600 k [ and probably a bit more ] rated player now and Suli on about 500 k would be putting a bit of a strain on the Manly cap . After last week"s silly antics with Dylan , doubt if other clubs would be interested in his services for 400 k .[ or even less ] Still a way to go to finalize the Manly 2020 squad but still also some serious considerations on the final recruiting outcome and squad make up .
Yes agree but should sort itself out mostly by mid December, so within a month.

I also read somewhere he has a couple of very close friends already playing here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8