e-mail from manly leagues club re des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jono said:
I can tell you this much: we lose Des and heads will roll.

When it comes to Des we have only missed the finals once under him, which was 2004 (his first year), which is 7 years in a row, 3 of which we have made the grand final. He has a 59% winning record. Finals - Grand Final record is 42.9%.

Compare this to Wayne Bennett who was allowed to stay at the Broncos for as long as he wanted: coached for 21 seasons, took them to 19 straight finals series, 6 Grand Finals (won all of them) for a record of 64% winning record. This means he missed his first 2 years. Des missed only his first. Des is one up on Bennett here. Bennett's finals record, even though his Grand Final win percentage is better (6 from 6 at the Broncos), his finals - Grand Final percentage is 31.6%

With this in mind I would say that Des has more of a right to free reign at this club than Bennett did at Brisbane. If we lose Des then that will be unacceptable and answers will be required.

Yet this didn't stop the same faction trying to stop Des' contract extension in 2009 and insist on KPIs.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Ex-Ballboy-has-pivotal-role

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Ex-Ballboy-has-pivotal-role

In Buzz's column in today's paper it mentioned two new CEO's being on the nose with their clubs and wont see out Xmas, I wonder who that could be?

I, for one, wouldn't criticize Des if he took a massive amount of money to go to another team but it beats me that the Bulldogs think they can just move the Manly ethos to Belmore. Des isn't a Bennett style mercenary. He took over as coach because of his love for the team and it's because of his love for the team and the players that he's worked like a titan for years to lift and drive the whole club. Des would still be a good coach anywhere but at Brookvale he's a GREAT coach because he's driven by passion. On top of that, laying out so much money, the Bulldogs would expect immediate results and Des has spent years developing the structure and the team we have now. When Des finally moves on we should find the note he sent home with Bobby Fulton's son all those years ago (God I hope that story's true) frame it and hang it on a prominent wall in the club next to a life size photo. Des is without a doubt the best thing that ever happened to the Sea Eagles.

Ricky Stuart will be the bulldog coach next year... I've had it on good authority for 4 months now. (now lets see if I have egg on my face in a few weeks ;^)

captainskin said:
Ricky Stuart will be the bulldog coach next year... I've had it on good authority for 4 months now. (now lets see if I have egg on my face in a few weeks ;^)

That's good as the doggies will have egg on their faces for years with Sticky in charge.

Sheikheagle said:
In Buzz's column in today's paper it mentioned two new CEO's being on the nose with their clubs and wont see out Xmas, I wonder who that could be?
I thought he said relatively new - that would eliminate Perry....but who are relatively new CEO's...Melbourne?

Central Coast Eagle said:
@[captainskin] I hope you're right!
if Des goes,then you can bet players will follow him and if that happens,I will cancel my membership.I am sick to death of all this in fighting thats happened over the last few years,we are in the Grand Final for stuff sakes,that what and only that is what we should be enjoying not this other garbage

ManlyBacker said:
captainskin said:

That's good as the doggies will have egg on their faces for years with Sticky in charge.

That's exactly what my 'good authority' said. He said Ricky Stuart divides and ruins clubs leaving them in disarray. He did it to the Roosters and the Sharks.

voicefromthehill said:
Sheikheagle said:
I thought he said relatively new - that would eliminate Perry....but who are relatively new CEO's...Melbourne?
Melbourne, Penrith (Phil Gould), Canterbury-Burqatown are three that come to mind. Maybe even Rabbi Phil Rothfeld's (sorry Rothfield's) team Joanulla-Sutherland?

Technically David Perry is the COO, not the CEO.

Can anyone enlighten me on where / how Bob came to power and manages to retain such influence?

I would have thought that an email to the membership would have been better served informing the members about merchandise opportunities / membership / grand final tixs rather than what was sent

lsz said:
Can anyone enlighten me on where / how Bob came to power and manages to retain such influence?

I would have thought that an email to the membership would have been better served informing the members about merchandise opportunities / membership / grand final tixs rather than what was sent

Why do you think Fulton calls him a faceless man?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4