Eagles 1/2's failing to produce results

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Really we were Buhrer's injury away from a minor premiership. He's healthy, that capitulation doesn't occur. When he went down they struggled. Ballin then just piled on and made a bad situation worse. Then Choc checked out.

They stayed in that funk until Starling turfed the ball at Josh Jackson's head...

I agree the Starling incident changed that game, the dirty dogs had takes some serious liberties up till then and we battered them from that incident only to be denied by a terrible rule that got them off the hook, cant wait till round 3, we seriously owe them.

I feel manly struggle to win most games, yet we win most games. There is usually a period of every game where we lose the ascendancy and as a fan I have a tough time. I don't know if this is because I am an obsessed fan. Is this an objective view of what is occurring on the field?

For example last year we lost to storm twice in the last minute, just beat parra, penrith, Cowboys, souths and Knights in the last minute or minutes. Lost golden point in semi. I don't feel that we have cruised to victory very often lately. However does any team? I have lost perspective.

Every game is a struggle. It's a credit to their toughness that we win so often.

I felt like last year if a team did not really turn up then we would win / grind them away (opposed to efforts like the Tigers v us )

I agree the Starling incident changed that game, the dirty dogs had takes some serious liberties up till then and we battered them from that incident only to be denied by a terrible rule that got them off the hook, cant wait till round 3, we seriously owe them.
It wasn't just the Dogs though, early in the game when they ran in a few tries it looked like our veteran backline were really playing half assed. That ball toss/face nudge (it was no punch) lit a match and if we get more of that second half this year we will be fine...

Add Buhrer,Ballin, Choc, Gift to the semi vs Dogs and a referee who can see a player 5m offside and we would have been in the GF AGAIN. Bring this thread up after Rd 5 and we'll be able to judge.

Or they procrastinate over their deals, they look / play terribly, and the i
NEWSFLASH
Season hasn't started.
Stop flogging a dead horse.
Its obvious you believe your role here at silvertails is the sh!t disturber.(you do it well)
It seems like you are a built in silvertails in-house troll.
Am I wrong ?

You ARE wrong. If you can't add any value, or something intelligent into the debate like everyone else cordially has, then **** off back under that rock you crawled from. "**** disturber"....LOL, want to attempt that one again you brainless fool?

Yeh they are struggling. Both played for their country and there are clubs lining up around the block to sign them.

The learned opinion is that both of them can play a bit.

Heavens forbid they don't play the trials like its a grand final.
You may jump off a cliff .
The end of the year ,we were too many quality players short.
Please don tell me this rant is about a nothing 9's tournament.
The doom & gloom on here is shocking .
Lifes too short ,relax ..
What happens will happen.

Don't feed the Troll,
Ooops , Just did.

Last edited:
Yeh they are struggling. Both played for their country and there are clubs lining up around the block to sign them.

The learned opinion is that both of them can play a bit.

We all agree they are both stars.

But they were ordinary last 6 or so games, last year.

I understand team morale was way down & 5 or 6 big guns were out injured but Foz didn't inspire (though he always gives 100%) and Sid did look stupid sometimes (kicking out on the full, getting caught with the ball standing still, being "turnstilled" close to the line etc).

A new season means the whole squad should be ready to absolutely smash it.

Hopefully they are one and all ready to spill blood for Tooves and their mates (and the club).

That's why Bennett would offer Foz and Sid $650k each,
per season.

Paying 2 guys $1.5 mill each and the rest about &160k
each on average, would create massive disunity.

And when the going gets tough, you end up with Hawthorn all putting in & the Swans saying "Fark u 10million dollar man(Buddy). You can do it all on ur own."

When the GF was all over in 10 minutes & swans were positively embarrasing.

Agree in part Ryan but I don't think it is the playing skill or competencies of those two players that need to change or was our problem last year

Not even site if it is style or tactics but rather team spirit

In Footy or other teams sport individual's form and performance will be directly influenced by the team dynamics and the team in turn influenced by the individual

As an individual you rely on players either side of you,ones that are one play after or one play before

You trust them and just know they will be there when it's Thier turn

At the back half of Last year our team our club and our support was fractured in the most destuvtive way way and one that was considered our strength ( emotion and the will to support each other behind closed doors)
I believe every player continued to give their best on the field but wete divided into 1 two or even three distinct camps to the extent that club legends in choc and a potential superstar in DCE were far from close and the more we tried to play for each other the more difficult it became.

Our forums were similar in nature and that thought it speak would have been unsaid or maybe not in said on the training paddock social gatherings if they existed and in the sheds

That's when you see the pushed passes,the little emotional outbursts etc when every one is trying to prove they are trying Thier best when prior people just knew ( there were no points to prove)

After a time that burden becomes hard to bear and precision in kicks kick chases and hit up suffers

Watson in cricket , Man U in soccer, and even souffs with SAm and GI the year before last are examples of where relationships can disrupt the team

A credit to souffs who I fucn hate for taking our culture in playing for each other to stinking Redfern

I hope I am wrong but can't see too much different for us this year on that front but would give my left one and probably the right one to have a teAm of jamie B and jamie L

Hope DCE and FOZ both stay because with them and Thier heads in the right space everyone else will follow

I have hit send without reading in one of the big mistakes of early fishing and beers at 7am

Have I been under a rock & missed the beginning of the season. You can't be serious - obviously too much time on your hands

I suspect poor DCE may look ordinary in Round One. Pretty sure Choc has his picture on the fridge reminding himself to smash him at every possible chance.

Ryan, the season hasn't even started and you're already hammering the halves! With a bunch of new faces, and hopefully two halves that are fully committed to the team (after they have made up their minds for 2016) then I'm sure things will be different to how they ended last season. How about focusing on some of the positives for Manly with the new season just around the corner?

They have the talent and skill, we did finish equal first and were being talked up as premiership favourites with only a month or so to go in the regular season. The wheels fell of for 2 reasons, injuries and the off field stuff, I am sure the later did not help things. The forwards we had out would hurt all teams if they were in the same situation. Do not forget these 2 were also in the top 10 for the dally m award. They can play. Although I do agree that Foran is not as talented as DCE, he is more of a tough grinding style of a player, but still damn good.

I am quietly confident for this year but I will give us a few weeks into the season to assess though. I sure as hell will not be using trial or 9's results as any reliable gauge as to how we will fair this season. Meant nothing in the past and will mean nothing again this year. Lets hope we get our run of luck with injuries and the off field stuff is not a distraction.

Cherry Evans and Foran didn't let all the points in between them. If we defended better ( bad refereeing aside) then they did enough for us to win more games.
Form and results aren't very different things. One you control and one you don't.
The last meaningful game was four or five months ago, they currently have no valid form, they can't.
Let's write off Dce before round three just like so many did in his first year.

They will both be fresh for this year. I'm tipping a big year from both.

End of last year's results was basis the lack of go forward and this resulted in a flatter attack. We are the kings of the sweep play and we lost those good lines in the last few games of the year.

I do agree though Ryan that it's time for them to switch back on and get back to what they do best. It is pretty clear these contract negotiations are affecting their mindset.

Not even a trial played this year and people are complaing Foz and DCE are out of form?

Can that be explained to me?

And don't sprout end of last season nonsense to me, 2014 is finished and the circumstances we were under were completely different to what we will start this year!

And mentioning the nines automatically loses you credibility!

Ryan go back to supporting the bears mate.
One win away from another grand final playing with a busted pack and the knifes come out, AND THE SEASON HASNT EVEN STARTED YET!!!!
The constructive criticisms but when someone has a obvious agenda it gets real old, really quick!

I hope to god no players come on here, because some of the negative posts on here are disgraceful

I think we've actually played a more expansive brand of footie under 2V than we did under Hasler....it may have been the natural consequence of losing quality forwards due to salary cap restraints or just different coaching styles.....whatever the reason I hope it continues.

Regarding our halves....I reckon good recruitment is all about maintaining the balance between dollars spent on quality backs and maintaining the necessary grunt up front. It's a balancing act we've done better than any club over the last decade, we've got a proven track record so I'm than happy to sit back (for now) and have faith.

Finally, I think it's pretty normal at this time of year for all "true supporters" to feel a little ants e about our chances and a little heated debate is a good way to blow off steam.

Not long to go now boy's !

I think I read somewhere that our forwards made the least amount of metres in the league last season and we still managed to be right up there all season long. General rule of thumb is if your forwards are not on fire you have no chance. Our back line kept us in the hunt regardless of this vital statistic so DCE & Foran did their jobs.

If they play behind a fwd pack like South, Cowboys etc they would eat the opposition on both sides of the field

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8