Eagles and Des must fix two broken Turbos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Jigzkiller

Bencher
There will be the usual denials, but there is a far greater challenge for Des Hasler and the Sea Eagles than luring Kieran Foran back to the northern beaches.

There is a rather long shadow being cast over the playing group by Trent Barrett. Manly’s management and Hasler will be trying to sell the club to two players who before this year seemed certainties to play out their careers with the Sea Eagles.

Jake and Tom Trbojevic grew up playing for the Mona Vale Raiders and dreaming of playing for Manly. Their love of the club was almost detrimental to their careers as rival clubs knew they would never leave. They signed four-year deals a couple of seasons back and gave no genuine indication they had ever looked elsewhere.

In past years, Jake would never have said a negative word about the club. But in recent times that has changed. He has been outspoken in his support for Barrett. And he wants to be coached by Barrett again in the future. This is not spin coming from the Barrett camp.

Tom feels the same. We’re sure Hasler can work his magic and get the brothers onside, but it is just another problem he needs to tackle – and he needs to do it as a priority.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/af...t-s-not-just-about-money-20181103-p50duf.html

The fact is Danny the Turbos played BROKEN under Trent and Des will mend them with his tough mental culture

images (2).jpg

FYI this is a Danny W special

That may be true, but based on direct quotes from them - and DCE too - Barrett does seem to have got under the skin of the playing group and many of them seem to think he’s some kind of coaching god.

Hopefully all it takes is winning a few games under Des to make them realise their loyalty to Barrett is misguided.

Yes it is true that they really rate Barrett and he has helped them. What they need now is the sharp edge and discipline that Barrett did not give them and improve their games and go to the next level. I am a huge fan of both boys but I see deficiencies that need to be worked on if they are to go to that next level, you saw this year how much they improved in the NSW set up and what they need is structure and a learning environment at Manly, I admire their loyalty to their friend and improving their games is going to make our team very powerful!

That may be true, but based on direct quotes from them - and DCE too - Barrett does seem to have got under the skin of the playing group and many of them seem to think he’s some kind of coaching god.

Hopefully all it takes is winning a few games under Des to make them realise their loyalty to Barrett is misguided.
What loyalty do they really have ? Is any player following Trent to his world of uncertainty ?
One thing for certain is that Trent turned our once proud fortress into a brothel where opposition teams fcked our players in front of their fans , friends and families .
Nothing to love about that is there ?

Young kids who have nothing but passion for our club and community who constantly have microphones shoved under their noses looking for a click bait quote.

Yes they loved Barrett. Yes they are looking forward to playing under Des.

Wtf is the problem with people actually being nice and no matter what, not having a bad word to say about anyone?

Fkn sadsack complaining wankers

Well if they loved Trent that much and thought he was a great coach, they should have been able to help pull the team together this season. They didn't, they were as guilty as many others, running around as one-man-teams, I call bs
It doesn’t look like Barrett will be picking up a first grade coaching gig anytime soon, so unless they want to go play A Grade with captain-coach Trent at the Temora Tea Cosies, I would humbly suggest they are not going anywhere.

This week’s yawning gap in Danny Fiddler’s argument.

Last edited:
Not sure Jake’s game needs fixing, but yes Tom will benefit under Des. No problem with them feeling the love for Baz as that shows loyalty, a rare commodity these days, and they are the type of guys that will show loyalty to club and coach. Just typical nefarious Weasler spin on a very straight forward situation that should not have anyone bothered.

Not sure Jake’s game needs fixing, but yes Tom will benefit under Des. No problem with them feeling the love for Baz as that shows loyalty, a rare commodity these days, and they are the type of guys that will show loyalty to club and coach. Just typical nefarious Weasler spin on a very straight forward situation that should not have anyone bothered.
Some supporters just dont understand what there is to love and brag about a coach that dragged the team all the way down to the spoon level .
All supporters are on this forum to give their view and that should not have anyone on here bothered

See, here lies the problem... they were so emotionally attached to baz that they had no border of getting the job done for their boss. Des isn’t like that, he has a good relationship with his players but he doesn’t treat them like mates who would all go and have a piss up and laugh together. There’s a line of professionalism and knowing your job to do.

This is exactly what I meant in the "Barrett Update" thread when I said it would give fuel to crap journalists that there is dissent in the ranks. It makes it looks like they are totally loyal to Barrett and are only supporting Des because they have to. Jake and Tom need to just shut up and let the club handle it.

Its just another reason why we really need to get Barrett's influence AWAY from this club. Right now he is the cancer within.

What have Tom and Jake said that DCE hasn't? All said Barrett was a great coach. All accepted he wasn't going to be there so supported Cartwright. All have said looking forward to Des.

I posted this in another thread & I stand by it! I've reached the point where I find Jake T & Tom T quite 'peevish', annoying & too outspoken! If they so want to be coached by Barrett then so be it........ask for a release & follow him out the door. Prior to Barrett's tenure they were touted as superstars of the future, however over the past 2 years they've both dropped quite a few levels in superstardom under Barrett & if they do choose to leave will become one hit wonders just as others who have left Manly for greener pastures. This may sound like a 'dummy spit' but it's not. The club has gone thru turmoil these past years & now just as the club is starting to fight it's way back to the top, we have the Trbos opening their traps & causing friction. If they want to show loyalty then show loyalty to the club & again STFU. Jake & Tom (to a lesser extent) are the Stewarts MK2.........they'd be well advised to wind their necks in & support the club they 'supposedly' love! If not then go away.....there are others that can easily fill their shoes!

By:MADMAX- Yesterday at 6:11 AM

What worries me about the Trbos is that they're fast becoming like the Stewarts.......too much power within the playing group & holding the club to ransom with their opinions! It's fine to have an opinion but to bring up this loyalty to Barrett constantly can have an adverse affect on Desmond's loyalty to them?? No player or coach is greater than the club & the Trbos would be better off concentrating on next season & fixing the flaws in their on field performances rather than club politics. It's what caused tension & divided the previous playing group. STFU & be happy............you're a professional footballer not an administrator. Motivate your team mates with talk not the fu(king media......just sayin'.

• clear.png
    Agree X 11

This is exactly what I meant in the "Barrett Update" thread when I said it would give fuel to crap journalists that there is dissent in the ranks. It makes it looks like they are totally loyal to Barrett and are only supporting Des because they have to. Jake and Tom need to just shut up and let the club handle it.

Its just another reason why we really need to get Barrett's influence AWAY from this club. Right now he is the cancer within.
Holden I totally agree! They should be made to front the rest of the squad & tell them where their loyalty lies......Barrett or their team mates.

The problem is that this could affect Manly in the future if Barrett manages to land at another club, even as just an assistant. I wouldn't be surprised to see him try and use the friendship he got with the Turbos, and mum and dad Trbojevic as well it seems, to get them to leave Manly and join him wherever he is.

And if Manly don't happen to have success under Des with at least a Grand Final appearance in the next few years, that might well be on the cards.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8