Eagles Angel lets fly at state of junior rugby league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
They haven’t been spotted in force at Brookvale Oval for almost two years.

Nor are they involved in promoting the club off the field.

And now one of their most popular and longest-serving members has walked away.

Andronicus made her thoughts known on Facebook. Former champion triathlete Nici Andronicus has sworn off the code altogether; but not before letting rip with the most vitriolic social media post we’ve seen from a high profile league fan.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...ets-fly-at-state-of-junior-rugby-league/#stop

Nici has bravely expressed a very common thought amoungst the true locals of the area. It goes much, much deeper than this.
This same Local Club is bringing in kids from out of the area in authorised mini buses to our local competion games and Junior Rep Teams. (What about developing our true local kids with some proper coaching in place.)

Background Info
Bob Fulton - Head of recruitment 1st Grade, 4x Grand sons Beacon Hill
Scott Fulton - Head of recruitment Under 20's, SG Ball and Harold Matthews, 1x son plays Beacon Hill
Brett Fulton - Incharge of all Junior Development Represenative squads, Head Coach of 3x Beacon Hill Sides, 2x sons play for Beacon Hill
Kristy Fulton - Employed as Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Junior Development Assistant, 1x son plays for Beacon Hill

Prior to this year
Under 20's - made Grandfinal
SG Ball - 1 game off grandfinal
Harold Matts - semi finals

Now that this family has total control we have this!
Under 20's - dead last
SGBall - only won 1 game! One draw and seven losses (bottom 3)

Nici has bravely expressed a very common thought amoungst the true locals of the area. It goes much, much deeper than this.
This same Local Club is bringing in kids from out of the area in authorised mini buses to our local competion games and Junior Rep Teams. (What about developing our true local kids with some proper coaching in place.)

Background Info
Bob Fulton - Head of recruitment 1st Grade, 4x Grand sons Beacon Hill
Scott Fulton - Head of recruitment Under 20's, SG Ball and Harold Matthews, 1x son plays Beacon Hill
Brett Fulton - Incharge of all Junior Development Represenative squads, Head Coach of 3x Beacon Hill Sides, 2x sons play for Beacon Hill
Kristy Fulton - Employed as Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Junior Development Assistant, 1x son plays for Beacon Hill

Prior to this year
Under 20's - made Grandfinal
SG Ball - 1 game off grandfinal

Now that this family has total control we have this!
Under 20's - dead last
SGBall - only won 1 game! One draw and seven losses (bottom 3)
Having had 2 sons plays against beacon hill, and coaching teams against them I totally agree, what I am about to say is not representative of all beacon hill teams but watching from the sidelines they seem to promote dirty play, eye gauging etc and parents behaviour on sideline is also questionable
Anything to win attitude

Having had 2 sons plays against beacon hill, and coaching teams against them I totally agree, what I am about to say is not representative of all beacon hill teams but watching from the sidelines they seem to promote dirty play, eye gauging etc and parents behaviour on sideline is also questionable
Anything to win attitude

My grandsons play ( not on the beaches ) , in the country, it's all run by parents, the kids have a ball, the good kids shine but the average kids get a go as well.

This is sad to hear.

Why don't they just get the bigger boys to play up a year. They will become better players and plus they would be similar size.

The Fultons have put together a team of juniors packed with players they think will be the future stars of the peninsula. Shouldn't they be lauded with such long sighted thinking? Nepotism aside.

The Fultons have put together a team of juniors packed with players they think will be the future stars of the peninsula. Shouldn't they be lauded with such long sighted thinking? Nepotism aside.
It's probably unfortunate that team got knocked back to play in the Sydney wide comp.
Which brings me to junior structure.
The league needs now to cater for all levels from the elite to kids that just want to have fun to weight based comps.
We don't have a monopoly on winter sport anymore so our product needs to be more varied and inclusive.
Get it right and it will take off.

No

Local kids deserve to enjoy playing with their mates and just having fun.:)

Easy enough to create a new Invitation Junior Team for the Polynesian kids from the West :nod:

When kids start getting to that level it needs to be weight graded. U can't have 45kilo 13yr olds playing 100kilo Polynesian kids. Serious injuries will occur.
I played Union in NZ and was graded against men when I was about 17 and weighed about 65kilo. Fortunately I wa fast and elusive so survived but the contact risks were very real. The 12,13,14 yr grades are the key development grades IMO some kids are still tiny others are huge.

It's probably unfortunate that team got knocked back to play in the Sydney wide comp.
Which brings me to junior structure.
The league needs now to cater for all levels from the elite to kids that just want to have fun to weight based comps.
We don't have a monopoly on winter sport anymore so our product needs to be more varied and inclusive.
Get it right and it will take off.
Once it's not fun the kids stop playing.

I actually stumbled across this game on the weekend...my brother and I had to ask how old the kids were as some looked massive. The hit on the smaller kid was sickening and ended up with the game being delayed for a number of minutes, interestingly the game was actually not that much of a blow out.

A question for those who know. Outside of the sf ball etc is there any other grading or not enough players? Do these players go back to clubs when their season is finished? I know in football there are several rep teams kids can play for

This problem has been happening for years in juniors. Even in tiny kids, under 7's and 8's, there'll be some twice as big little bruisers out there. There is something blurry about the birthdates of many Poly kids because some cultures don't record it the same way we do. I don't know the full details but I've heard it discussed many times.
It's an issue.
I wonder if there's enough junior players to actually do weight divisions? If it were an option perhaps more parents would be happy to let their kids play.

Why don't they just get the bigger boys to play up a year. They will become better players and plus they would be similar size.
just wait & see how these big kids go if/when weight for age comes in.
once they start playing others the same size half of them will give it up.
i have a mate who when his son was young was big for his age & was killing it every week. once he turned 16 & most of the others had caught up to him size wise he couldn't handle it, gave up and said he would concentrate on cricket(even in winter).

In Will Hopoate's u/12 manly cove team some years ago they had two props nearing 100kg's. You can't have 12yo kids playing against 18yo's.
Even if they are the same size mental and physical toughness are worlds apart.

It is a good idea but a can of worms. Would require a panel of wise people to make many individual rulings.

Geoff Toovey for example would still be playing in the u/8's when he was 15yo.

Sounds like Nici has smelt her own coffee.

Obviously Bob is looking for the next 'Hopoate' family to bring across. Such a lovely man...

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9