Eagles' biggest fan boycotts final over Zorba saga

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Rothfield was the 1st to bring it to the Telecrap last week and now he wants Zorba reinstated

Yes, no surprises the Telecrap is running the agenda trying to wreck Manly

PS: Alex Ma is just sticking up for his dear mate Zorba and good on him. But rethink it Alex and go to the games with Zorba - that's the best decision

codewana said:
Respect for BK just plummeted.

As for Alex, immature or not, the players have always done their best for him. I would sit down and have a long chat with this kid if I were his parents; are they tacitly teaching him that at the first sign someone does something you don't like you should stop being their friend and stop supporting them in what they do?

Agreed, he comes across as a spoilt little brat.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Now
Ben Kennedy walks out on Manly over Peter Peters' sacking
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/ben-kennedy-walks-out-on-manly-over-peter-peters-sacking/story-e6frexnr-1226131659609

From the article -
"Some of these pen-pushers behind this are unsighted. They wear their suits and think they own the joint."

Umm well, the decision would have been approved by the people that do own the joint !!!! And they are the people using their money to keep our club alive.

As others have said, the tough decisions have to be made to keep the club alive ... what do people not understand about this.

Alex Ma, I hope you turn up and watch the team that you grew up with and the team that we all love The Mighty Sea Eagles , Our friend Zorba will be there as well and come game time there is no such thing as division againt true manly supportres its ALL OF US against the cowboys , So come and join us and get behind the players that you used to run on the field with. and cheer them up for a big win.

I love this club and have done for nearly 40 seasons. I bleeed maroon and white. No one is bigger than the club and Peters dismissal was obviously a business decision. I dont agree with the way it was done he deserved more respect than this but we wouldn't have a club to support if it wasn't for the people behind the scenes bankrolling the Sea Eagles. Saying your not going to support the club is not the answer here and I dont think Peter would want to see one single supporter walk away because of him. This club has a history of letting stalwarts go before they have finished i.e Bozo,Beaver,Fatty and while it hurts it is the reason why we are generally successful. We are Manly Sea Eagles we are ruthless,driven,passionate,we win at all costs and we dont give a damn what anyone else thinks. Some might not like it then maybe you should support Cronulla,Souths,Parra,Penrith,Canberra and other perenial losers.

Ryan said:
codewana said:

As for Alex, immature or not, the players have always done their best for him. I would sit down and have a long chat with this kid if I were his parents; are they tacitly teaching him that at the first sign someone does something you don't like you should stop being their friend and stop supporting them in what they do?

I don't understand how you can call a disabled child a spoilt brat. kids like Alex are the real heros of this world

tookey said:
Ryan said:
codewana said:

I don't understand how you can call a disabled child a spoilt brat. kids like Alex are the real heros of this world

Because he walks away when the boys REALLY need him,i understand the ideal there

Ryan said:
codewana said:

**** you too morons.

Forget the main issue for a sec, for people on this forum to be taking shots at Alex is plan disgraceful. That bloke has more character and conviction than you two cocksuckers combined. The kid is sticking by someone who has been there for him there's nothing wrong with that.

Ryan I take a spoilt brat over a bi polar former bears fan And a wanker like codewanka any day.

I think it would be a nice gesture if we could convince young Alex to come to the game on Saturday and sit with the MWTS. It's not doing anyone any help by him staying home. The players love him and I'm sure he still loves them. Zorba can sit with us too if he is allowed to.

The Eagle said:
tookey said:
Ryan said:
codewana said:

Because he walks away when the boys REALLY need him,i understand the ideal there
Nah mate he sticking by a mate who he feels has been wronged. That's loyalty.

brookiegreg said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Rothfield was the 1st to bring it to the Telecrap last week and now he wants Zorba reinstated

Yes, no surprises the Telecrap is running the agenda trying to wreck Manly

PS: Alex Ma is just sticking up for his dear mate Zorba and good on him. But rethink it Alex and go to the games with Zorba - that's the best decision
Great post

If something like this can derail our season then we aren't committed to the cause as much as we should have been and won't win it anyway.

Cambo can you say he isnt spoiled?

I havnt been invited to lead the team out yet.

PS it might be time to stop the exercising since you are no longer Manly's biggest fan. That will teach you to loose all that weight.

Poor Cambo. Rather than putting up something rational to back his argument, yet again he resorts to namecalling. You'd think a man of his stature would have been the victim of that his whole life. Oh well.

Also, if you had bothered to read my post, all I was saying is that I disagree with the message his parents are sending the young bloke. Obviously he's been through more than most, but all the more reason to stick with the team that has supported you over the years.

Just my 2 cents though.

Off you go Cambo (fitting that my phone autocorrects to Combo), call me a Rex Hunt. Your intelligent and well thought comments amuse me.

bones said:
If this whole saga does derail Manly's season, and only time will tell if it will, then BK, Arko, Bozo and anyone else who continues to bring it up and keeping it in the news will be as much to blame as the people/person responsible for the timing of the announcement. IMO if Steve Menzies can be moved on earlier than what he wanted to be then anyone can. I like Zorba, but I'm a Manly fan first and foremost and there is not one single person who is bigger than the club. Let's move on and send Zorba out with another premiership.

All these fellows walking and/or not attending games need to listen to Zorba himself.

No man is bigger than the club, not even ones with a history and legacy like Vautin, Menzies, Peters etc etc.

Last Sunday on the radio Zorba got very emotional and sounded like he was in tears on a few occasions. He was talking about fathers day at the time he choked up. Now I know there was something more behind it. I think the timing for this will serve us well. Peter you are a true champion and a gentleman

Matabele said:
All these fellows walking and/or not attending games need to listen to Zorba himself.

No man is bigger than the club, not even ones with a history and legacy like Vautin, Menzies, Peters etc etc.

Spot on. You can support Zorba and still support the team as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4