Eagles send message!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've only seen him play 3 times. He's been really impressive each time. Big heart, big motor, aggressive and still only young. Put a few more kilos on him and a bit more experience and we will have a power house front rower. Those that wish JWH would have stayed, may get their wish, in the form of Knight in a couple of years.

He'd be mad to sign with anyone at this point in time, with FG begging next year.
Exactly compared to most other NRL clubs our front row stocks are very thin. His best opportunity to break into 1st grade would be at Manly.

Cleary wasn't asked to 'look around', he did that of his own accord.
Oh and salary cap pressure. The club drove the lotto truck up to DCE's house and probably now been crunching the numbers. I think it's a shame to let Gutherson go but fullback he will would never play here.

Feels like much smoke and mirrors. He was always signed for next year and Roosters rumour is for 2017.
I'm with @Frank Zero idea what the Club is up to.
It's true, none of the statements actually mention 2017 or re-signing.

It's probably too early to be speculating, but I wonder.

Oh and salary cap pressure. The club drove the lotto truck up to DCE's house and probably now been crunching the numbers. I think it's a shame to let Gutherson go but fullback he will would never play here.
Not correct as the bulk of Chez's contract is TPAs and Gutho's contract was already part of the Cap space in April - months before Chez's deal was created.@:cool:

The 'List of 14' that Bozo drew up included Burgess, Mateo and Matty.
All of who refused to leave, hence the Cap space became an issue that Bozo did not count on.:eek:

Back when Bozo was a Coach, there was no such thing as an enforceable contract of any worth - Players simply did what the Clubs told them to @:cool:

Liam will probably get picked in the Junior SOO and maybe the Nines - so he will be visible to any Club that has the cash to temp him away. It's a Players Market after all :sweating:

I just hope that Hoppa is not on Boz & Bozo's list, it would be a shame to tap any more Juniors on the shoulder, to welcome back the Mercenary Mormon :mad:

Gutho is a decent 5/8 so there must be a list of players in front of him at Manly also.

Liam loves the club. I know that first hand. His preference will always be to stay.

What Manly need to do now is make sure he knows he is in the frame so he doesn't think he's got better opportunity elsewhere. He was all but gone to Melbourne at the end of last season.

With the caveat being there is no opportunity locally as the position is long-term filled, e.g., Ivan Cleary had no opportunity as Ridge was custodian fullback.
I know. And no sooner had Cleary joined Norths, than he had to play in the centres, thanks to the emergence of Matt Seers in 1994. If he had been patient, he would have replaced Ridge in the Manly lineup in 1997. By then, Cleary was already onto his third club (Easts). He was seemingly always a player motivated more by monetary gain and ambition, than any loyalty to his district club.

My point - you don't know what's around the corner. Matai could have a season ending injury in Round 2, 2016. Or Tafua could have another late cnight brain explosion. That could have been Gutherson's opportunity.

My hope is that Gutherson is welcomed back in 2018, when they have more (salary cap) room to manoeuvre, post-Ballin, Matai, Stewart (possibly) and Lyon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6