Eels' Kieran Foran ready for emotional rollercoaster when he faces Manly at Brookvale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Foran was looking around in 2011 after winning a first grade title. I think he is the type to allow negative influences into his train of thought. Des almost carried him out the door, and then an assistant coach lures him away.
He is Parra now

I once sat on the hill, there was a guy sitting next to me screaming at Justin hodges all game, "rip his ****ing head off". I'll be that guy tomorrow night! See ya later foz, thanks for coming, there's the door!

He was my favourite player, but now I can't bare to look at him. I'm not going to rubbish him, but I completely understand why people do, despite the fact that it's getting old & boring. But none of the vitriol, can change the fact that our club lost a player, that used to be just as 'Manly', as the club flag. He should've finished as one of our greats.

Going to boo him for the fact he is playing against Manly, but unlike choc, who when he left said some pretty horrible things about Manly, at least Kieran has nothing but good things to say about manly and acknowledged that the sea Eagles had given him everything and taught him everything he knows about footy. Still has some great memories and good relationships and nothing but fond memories of the club.

It's sucks he plays for parra but you can't begrudge the guy too much, he's a pretty respectable player in my eyes

Eels' Kieran Foran ready for emotional rollercoaster when he faces Manly at Brookvale Oval

April 13, 2016 9:58am
DEAN RITCHIEThe Daily Telegraph

KIERAN Foran is ready for an emotional rollercoaster as he heads into unchartered territory — playing against Manly at a hostile Brookvale Oval — for the first time.

The star Parramatta recruit admitted Manly fans may still harbor some “disappointment and anger” about his painful departure after a season of turmoil in 2015.

“It will be emotional — but I can’t get caught up in the hype,” Foran said.

Foran’s return to Fortress Brookie - a ground where he helped Manly to the 2011 premiership and 2013 grand final - will give Thursday night’s grudge match added spark.

Foran is unsure how the Brookie faithful will treat him.

“It will depend on how they feel about things, whether there is still some disappointment and angry about me leaving or whether they have moved on.

story-fni0cx12-0f7e07380dc0717f572a974ff7646a49

“I’m not sure what to expect, to be honest. I don’t how I will be received. It would be nice to be well received but I also know what fans are like and how passionate they are about their clubs.

“I won’t let it faze me too much one way or the other. Look, I loved every minute of my time at Manly. To have played in two grand finals there, to have won a competition there with those guys, you remember that for the rest of your life.

“Being such a Fortress, going there as a visitor, in the visiting sheds, in the opposing team, I’m not too sure what I will feel.

“I think it will be emotional to a degree. I’ve got so many fond memories, so many great years there with the boys and the club. It will be different.

“You start out at a club, and I was fortunate to come into such a great side at Manly with so many great players at such a young age. I thought I’d never leave the joint and Brookie would be my home for my entire career.

“But I got to a point where felt like I needed a change and freshen-up. I decided to leave. But it was very hard to walk away, to make that decision to leave the clubs and the guys behind.

“But it’s business as usual now for me. I have moved on - I’m now at Parramatta, that’s just the way it is.’’

05c6b27a42d012091c090a559f66c0b7

Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans taking the NRL trophy back to Manly Leagues Club.
Foran said he would feel “strange” entering and leaving the visitor’s dressing room at Brookie. And fans will no doubt find it unusual seeing Foran run onto his former home ground in blue and gold.

“It will be strange — I don’t know what emotions I will be feeling. I know that it will be a different feeling to what I have become used to over the years. I have always turned up at Brookie and walked into the home sheds,” Foran said.

“I formed great friendships and great mates over there. I owe a lot to them. A lot of those blokes helped develop me as a player and person. I’ve got a lot to thank them for in terms of my career, those combinations and what I built with those guys over the years, that helped shape me into the player I am today.”

Don't agree, he screwed the club over for 18 months. He is a petulant prick.Hopefully bad karma for him and his missus.

It's not the fact he left for a bigger contract (& the alleged under the table unit deal with Dyldam) it's the way he KNEW he was going during his & DCE's contract negotiations.

The penns stupidly made him their choice of the 2 so he sits back watching Cherry gate & probably knew that Cherry was a chance of signing with the Titans. Once Cherry announced he was leaving (due to our major stuff up), he then announced 1 week later he was leaving too & then the "karma" comment from his partner.

I couldn't understand all through the offseason & when it kicked off in 2015, what was holding up his announcement that he signed with parra. It all made sense with his partners comment. It was to maximise the damage to our club by losing BOTH our halves.

Plus the way he dogged it the last 18 months he was here was disgusting.

That Canberra game last year was a disgrace. You know it's bad when during his fox commentary, Greg Alexander calls you out for not putting in at the 65th min mark.

If the offer is too good to refuse, fair enough...thanks for the memories but if you bludge & stab people in the back on the way out, you're a pr*k!

I don't begrudge him anything and I'm prepared to take his positive words about the club at face value, but I still hope we grind him into the Brookvale turf. See how fresh he feels after that. He's the enemy now and that's all there is to it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6