Eels' Kieran Foran ready for emotional rollercoaster when he faces Manly at Brookvale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was enjoying myself the other day by putting copious amounts of crap on Foz, whilst not enjoying the company of several bandwagon eels fans. Suddenly, and completely unprovoked, I was cleverly informed that my opinion was apparently based solely on the fact that I am a Manly asshole. Guilty!

manly essence.jpg

Isn't the whole point of Third party deals that we don't have to pay them?

Isn't it against the cap rules to "guarantee" third party deals?

I am confused. Why tell us.

HM help.
There is a set limit that can be guaranteed by the Club but it must be included as part of their Cap - up to 300k(??).

Manly should do what they did with Warringah Council rent, 'the deal was signed by previous CEO, so we are not liable' :giggle:

Last edited:
View attachment 3529Even better than winning a premiership lol
Who are you to define what is more important to him, i'm sure he meant "best decision he made" but either way he appears to be talking from a career and personal growth perspective not "great experiences" perspective.

Many people move on from companies that either "won the battle, or leading the competition in their field to a different company that is on the rise or even never going to win the battle/market they are in"

Jamie Lyon in some ways did the exact same thing, they both did what makes them happy and true to themselves---the easy option is to continue on as is---which is 95% of the pathetic masses/sheep.

Last edited:
If he thinks he's got a media career after football he's delusional, has anybody ever heard a more monotonous monotone moron than........oh hang on......
Agreed. Anasta has surprised me a bit with his commentary, one of the better ones from snippets I've seen.

If he thinks he's got a media career after football he's delusional, has anybody ever heard a more monotonous monotone moron than........oh hang on......
His pronunciation is painful isn't it? It's as if he is trying not to sound like a New Zullunder and more like an Australian. It's a miserable fail.

'Myself' comes out as 'mysalf' for starters. Anyone got any more, or you can't be bothered? Neither can I really....he is Faecalmatta's problem now.:)

His managing company has been trying to bring us down since the departure of des Hasler. Same group of wankers that have the Stewart's, Des and watmough in their stable.
Maybe his manager should concentrate of leaving little jockeys alone.

His pronunciation is painful isn't it? It's as if he is trying not to sound like a New Zullunder and more like an Australian. It's a miserable fail.

'Myself' comes out as 'mysalf' for starters. Anyone got any more, or you can't be bothered? Neither can I really....he is Faecalmatta's problem now.:)

I've always thought it was the other way around - he is desperate for everyone to know he's a Kiwi. As a general rule, if you migrate before the age of 15 or so, your original accent doesn't tend to stick. He reminds me of a Pommy kid I went to school with who desperately hung onto his accent for years until it ended up just sounding like one of us taking the p*ss out of a Pom.

I'm not 100%, but fairly sure I've heard Liam Foran speak without a trace of a Kiwi accent.

I actually think leaving Manly was the best option for KF. He has reinvigorated himself and showing that he is a true leader. It's a pity he could not pull that off for Manly. Maybe there was just not enough room for DCE & KF to co-exist.
Anyway I think it would be fabulous if we all stopped talking so much about him....it's a little sour grapes forme

Funny how people hate "trolls" but this whole thread is "Troll" like behavior.

I would hate to be in DCE's or Foran's shoes on contracts that are double or close to triple what Stewart, Lyon and Matai would be on at the back end of their careers and playing together.

Knowing that their big pay days have in many ways been due to the loyalty and sacrifices of past and present players building a successful team/culture around them as the perfect platform to launch their careers.

Knowing that if both DCE and Foran remained at the club extensions would not be possible to the aging 3.

Feeling at times that the senior players they respect and hold to such a high regard could be looking at them in a "i deserve a little piece of that also", they would never admit it and even if it is not the case how do you remove that thought in your mind, it would eat away at you.

People keep harping on about Foran stringing Manly on, on the basis of rumours he signed with Parra earlier than made out(which i don't believe is the case pen to paper wise)----it doesn't mean for one bit he never had thoughts of changing his mind or that he is not genuine when he says that.

Give the guy a break....

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6