Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 16, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

34 4
CommBank Stadium
17 Jun 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys trying to make sense of the ladder are doing a good job, but really it's an uphill battle.
All we need to know is there's about 3 clubs out of the running and we aren't one of them. Just keep chalking up some wins and we'll start hitting our straps some time after the origin circus. ;)

How hard do you say feathered friend ???
As hard as they have been booing our Manly boys for years

No team gets booed more than Manly and we love it
No one likes us and we dont give a Flying Eagle Fck !!!

View attachment 24063
Ha , that’s my photo , I picked up the boys from Manchester Airport for the WCC game v Leeds , they’d just arrived on Etihad Airways

Yeah I get that logic, I guess my point is looking at how your team is performing in reference to other teams.

In the above teams like the Broncos and Rabbitohs have more points sure, but they have had more opportunity to score points, they have played 2 more games then us.
Interesting that the 3 middle teams (8,9,10) are all on 1 ppg. Could be an indication that 1ppg will be the cutoff for top 8.

I like the @Disco table for tracking performance so far and I like the @Rafferty table for tracking who is more likely to make the 8.

Great work fellas, hope you can find the time to keep them updated.

Yeah I get that logic, I guess my point is looking at how your team is performing in reference to other teams.

In the above teams like the Broncos and Rabbitohs have more points sure, but they have had more opportunity to score points, they have played 2 more games then us.
That’s why I added the byes, I don’t worry to much about F/A - the differential just yet, only the sides with games to play can move up the ladder (keeping an eye on the 8), just helps to see the possibilities, that’s just the way I work with it.

End of the day the NRL’s ladder and system leaves a lot to be desired, hard not to believe it’s to help the betting agencies deceive the average punter.

Can't agree.
I can see Manly winning this game but can also see the Eels winning it!
Commbank does wonders for their confidence and refs probably 'expect them to do well' there too
Even with key players out the club is coming off a grand final year and have been winning games so they won't lack confidence
They still have their main man Gutho, he can make things happen and often does
Let's not think about Manly's record without Turbo
" " " " " " " " " DCE
" " " " " " " " " Jake

I'd love to see Manly win this, it would be a great sign of growth in the squad to win it without our key men.
They may have Gutho but ASI and Hands starting in the spine with Matto (at 6!!!) plus Russell and Ogden in the starting side and I have never heard of 3 of their 4 reserves…

Honestly, you will not see a weaker 1st grade line-up… Gutho may be good but that is 1 recognised spine player with a 2nd rower playing out of position and 2 nufties…

give it away if we cannot get the chocolates with 2 of our regular spine players and a recognised 6 (really think we are giving them a fair crack by not starting Reubs at 1 tho)

Eels v Sea Eagles, Saturday at CommBank Stadium​

Eels: Daejarn Asi takes over the No.7 with Mitch Moses away on Blues Origin duty, with Ryan Matterson named at five-eighth in his return from a calf injury. Joe Ofahengaue (calf) also returns on the bench while Josh Hodgson (neck) remains sidelined with Brendan Hands named at hooker.

Sea Eagles: Samuela Fainu has been named to start in the back row with Ethan Bullemor on the bench but the pair could swap roles on game day as they did against the Dolphins. There are no other changes expected for the Sea Eagles.

Sea Eagles: Samuela Fainu has been named to start in the back row with Ethan Bullemor on the bench but the pair could swap roles on game day as they did against the Dolphins. There are no other changes expected for the Sea Eagles.
Thank you @The Wheel
Both Fainu and Ethan are dynamic young forwards and are exciting to watch

People saying we would be equal with teams who haven't had a  draw this season makes me seriously question what the hell they were doing in maths classes.
If thats referring to me, Id counter that the math is pretty basic and easy to follow.

The NRL ladder isn't expressed in fractions. Draws are exceedingly rare. One per season usually at most. The only team we are likely to finish even with is the Knights.
Haha oh dear.

It is just reflecting relative performance to other teams.

At this stage of the season we are performing relative to Parramatta for example.

It is contextualise performance when people are claiming the byes create a false narrative.

At no point is there a claim that the ladder is expressed (in real terms) in fractions, nor that it is indicating where teams will finish or who they will finish in front of, behind or equal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12