Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 3, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 24
CommBank Stadium
24 Mar 2024 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those heading to the game on Sunday, try and sit in Bay 209 or 208.

Manly section in 209, plus 208 is cheaper seats so hopefully get a good turnout of maroon and white like our game there in 2021. One of the best away days I've been to.

IMG_6319.png

I’m definitely eager to see if we can retain the rage…we started strongly last year and the wheels fell off quickly against Penrith. It takes a certain mindset to get up each week and play with hunger. It’s been some time since Manly has gone on a big run…I’d love to see us set our season up with a 5-6 game winning run. Am I asking too much?!

I’m definitely eager to see if we can retain the rage…we started strongly last year and the wheels fell off quickly against Penrith. It takes a certain mindset to get up each week and play with hunger. It’s been some time since Manly has gone on a big run…I’d love to see us set our season up with a 5-6 game winning run. Am I asking too much?!
Wouldn't we all love to see it. We'll soon find out in round 5 when we play Penrith. Against the premiers, with whom we don't have a good record, will be the big test.

Great news regarding Talau, nothing major with the possibility to lineup even this week if not next week. I thought he had a pretty solid debut and there's a base there that can be worked on and improved on with week to week consistent footy. He showed great signs that he is physical and contact friendly and he's got sound evasive skills with his footwork even if his speed is not to the level of Tolu. There's still about 4-5 weeks before Saab's return so the vacant winger audition continues and he's my favourite so far.

I'd love to go 4-0 into the game against Penrith. Could you imagine how big that'd be. Back at Brooky after two weeks with possibly Lodge and Saab back as well as Sipley, still undefeated and a massive litmus test against the defending threepeat champs. Would be great for us early season to build on.

Eels have great front rowers and an offload, which will be a test.
The shifts to our left edge could be scary as have shown stil vulnerable out wide and can see Lane being dangerous with support players....and Gutho busy all day.
In saying the above , I feel the Eels have a heap more to be concerned about trying to stop Manly and unless the usual controversial Eel calls all day, see a 10 -16 point win

If Vaega does play on Sunday, it makes me more excited. He might not be the right long term option but him coming in once in a while with the energy and agression he brings is fun to watch. Until you notice the problems he has in his game lol.

Nevertheless, he is straight chaos and he is going to be buzzing with energy especially with a packed out Commban. And he's marking up on little Sean Russell (pray for him). I'm ready for a bit of Vaega chaos on a Sunday arvo.

For those heading to the game on Sunday, try and sit in Bay 209 or 208.

Manly section in 209, plus 208 is cheaper seats so hopefully get a good turnout of maroon and white like our game there in 2021. One of the best away days I've been to.
We aren't tucked into a corner are we, just like we are at Suncorp. If we are, no wonder there're cheap.

Wouldn't we all love to see it. We'll soon find out in round 5 when we play Penrith. Against the premiers, with whom we don't have a good record, will be the big test.
That might be a bridge too far but I at least hope we give them a fair crack

Not so much worried about the result, sure, a win would be great as long as it's close I'll be content. It's all about making the top 4 come Sep, from there anything and everything is possible.

If Vaega does play on Sunday, it makes me more excited. He might not be the right long term option but him coming in once in a while with the energy and agression he brings is fun to watch. Until you notice the problems he has in his game lol.

Nevertheless, he is straight chaos and he is going to be buzzing with energy especially with a packed out Commban. And he's marking up on little Sean Russell (pray for him). I'm ready for a bit of Vaega chaos on a Sunday arvo.
I'm sorry @Remy, the excitement of him making an impact is tempered by the deficiencies he has - Tafua at the end had more speed and upside than Ray does in my opinion.
Moses and Brown will have a field day kicking to and in behind him.
Surely Faulalo on debut would give us more to be excited about.

I hope he proves me wrong.

I'm sorry @Remy, the excitement of him making an impact is tempered by the deficiencies he has - Tafua at the end had more speed and upside than Ray does in my opinion.
Moses and Brown will have a field day kicking to and in behind him.
Surely Faulalo on debut would give us more to be excited about.

I hope he proves me wrong.
Jorge quicker then Vagea ? Would have had the impression that Ray a bit more speed
Both good finishers close to the tryline , strong mid field runners , both some issues fielding high kicks at various times and reading the opposition's attack .
So in many respects , quite a few similar characteristics but would still think Ray just a bit more pace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10