Game Day: EF2 - Manly v Panthers [Finals Week 1, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Played near perfect last week and the result indicated the difference in these 2 teams. Played rubbish tonight. Dropped balls, penalties, poor decisions. We have to stop these Jekyll n Hyde performances next year. Too inconsistent.

Utter incompetence by the officials.. but not surprising. They've had form all season. Honestly, is it any wonder this game is in such dire circumstances?

Anyway well done Manly on, what I would call, a successful season. I don't think 2018 will be our year but more a progression in what we've done this year (although perhaps a few astute signings in the next few months might sway my thoughts)

Does the bunker have some digital assistance like drawing a parallel line across the field to assess offside as in soccer tv coverage? Walker 'looked' a touch offside but he may not have been at all.

In days gone by Uate's try would have been awarded as they were much more liberal in giving benefit of the doubt to the attacking team. It seems to me the bunker is under orders to decide within 10 seconds these days.

That they could let that Peachy thing in as a try is an indictment of the system.

All that said, inexperience cost us really, with errors from usually error free players, some of the stupid stuff from players who have form with it, and a lack of competent execution and game management. A strong effort to get back in the game and could have won it but it's all fuel for next year's tilt now.

We didn't play our best but defence and effort was there. At 10 all in the 73rd min. They had only scored on try off that lucky kick that hit the post then they get their second off a bullsh$t knock on. We had more chances in that second half but couldn't repeat last weeks efforts . Played pretty ordinary with the ball yet still should of beaten that penrith side

Does the bunker have some digital assistance like drawing a parallel line across the field to assess offside as in soccer tv coverage? Walker 'looked' a touch offside but he may not have been at all.

I would say he probably was offside, but barely. But how can the video ref decide on something as close as this when as far as we know they have no way of taking this measurement - hence why they can't rule on forward passes.:banghead:

offside.png

The main problem in that call was that the on-field ref called it a "try" & thus the bunker was obliged to reverse the decision ONLY IF there is clear evidence to overturn.

It is quite apparent there was NO clear evidence at all. Quite the contrary.

Incompetent or deliberate ? Take your pick !

Did make it hard for themselves , particularly in the first half but still a very disappointing way to bow out , considering the game was still there to be won on several occasions . Certainly agree that the effort and more so the defensive commitment was there but those missed opportunities and very dubious calls again does seem to make it a hard and even sad loss to come to terms with . Anyway and of course , still a very pleasing season for Manly . However because the Panthers were probably and in reality just a luckier instead of a better side tonight , i think that i will always regard tonight"s game as the one that got away for Manly and really was always there for the taking . .

although not the best game by our boys, they know it was decided by the Bunker
this is a repeat of the 14/4 penalty could game we were programme to loose just to get the riff into the semis. i knew the rematch was the end of our season. it is crystal clear that the NRL want a western sydney team deep into the semis , just to take the cash from the big memberships and crowds at the riff and squeels.
their game plan is the reason the crowds are down in the NRL and will continue to diminish. there is not much left in this controlled game. they make the fans get excited by increasing salary caps so we can get excited about player movement. its become a game of social media like the rest of this sad world.

I am home now after watching the game live. My observations from this match are that our young team tonight were too indisciplined to win this match and that the luck that you need totally deserted them when it counted. A lot will be said about the officials and the mistakes they made. I have watched enough footy to know that this will always happen and things do even out as we have benefitted in big games before from bad calls.

This young team has done the club proud, they have emerged from a dark two years where the fabric of our successful team was destroyed and they have started to create their own team and the journey this year has been fun to watch.

The positives way outweighs the negatives from this year and what happened to night as unfortunate as it was will be really good for the character and experience of this team.

There are gaps in our side. We need some experience especially in the back row and we need some speed in our back line.

I think DCE had a much better year and he benefitted from Blake Green in the halves. Marty Taupau did fantastic for a lot of the year and Jake and Tom Turbo continue to grow.

I think the turning point of the season was during a huge win at Cronulla, Curtis Siro got hurt and it broke our momentum.

To achieve a finals berth with 1 million of the cap not available and key experience players like Skivvy and Snake not available say how gutsy this team is.

I think Trent Barrett, showed his potential as a coach this year and there is a good team building moving forward.

Like all of you, I am gutted about the result tonight and livid that officiating rather than the players has decided this game.

In the end, we were not good enough and we showed at times how naive we were. At 10-10 we were not able to go on with it and some line ball decisions gave the Riff their chance. I think their season ends next week from what I saw tonight.

Good season overall and looking forward to a big 2018.

Last week we were outstanding . Tonight we were as inconsistent as the bunker .
Devastated by the loss as everyone else on here .

I have one last comment on the game tonight. I have been frank in questioning our performance and not prepared to deflect it to ref decisions. We were poor and allowed others to take the result away from us.

That said... how the farking living bejesus did the ref call Peachey's try a try with the naked eye??? Anybody who saw that at natural speed would have to fairly assume there is a likely to be a knock on in that. NOOOO, this a$$ clown decides that the miracle unlikely play was the more likely outcome and called it so. That to me was a disgusting decision and one worth questioning his integrity.

That said... how the farking living bejesus did the ref call Peachey's try a try with the naked eye??? Anybody who saw that at natural speed would have to fairly assume there is a likely to be a knock on in that. NOOOO, this a$$ clown decides that the miracle unlikely play was the more likely outcome and called it so. That to me was a disgusting decision and one worth questioning his integrity.

As Slothfield tweeted, Sutton guessed and his brother backed him up.....funny how he didn't have any trouble overruling him on Walker's on field call of try though.

You know, I can accept that we really didn't play well enough to win the game on merit. That's life and yes it does happen. What I can't cop is being screwed over by the video ref twice.

Its decisions like these, the constant referee inconsistencies and stuff ups despite having the technology not to stuff up that are turning fans away from the game.

As Slothfield tweeted, Sutton guessed and his brother backed him up.....funny how he didn't have any trouble overruling him on Walker's on field call of try though.
I would give anything to see Sutton stand before the media and explain exactly how he came to decide that was a try from natural speed... I would love to see him questioned more deeply and firmly, and then watch him squirm as he has to face his unspoken bias.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10