Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No worries. On a different note, when was the last time you heard a car backfire? Must have been the 70's

Besides today (when I was walking down this street...) -lol

Um, I can't actually remember so it's been years!

Akrotiri...

The city that wasn't volcano proof (well that's most of them tbh)...

Akrotiri was buried by the massive Theran eruption in the middle of the second millennium BC[4] (during the Late Minoan IA period); as a result, like the Roman ruins of Pompeii after it, it is remarkably well-preserved. Frescoes,[5] pottery, furniture, advanced drainage systems and three-story buildings have been discovered at the site.[6] - wiki

rNKKunm.jpg

7fdVVLb.jpg

Walking down a narrow-ish street today, two snooty 25-35 year old (I guess) ladies were walking straight at me like "You're going to have to move, we're ladies don't you know and you're just road scum."

I mean I always move to one side anyway.....

But just as I was going to move, a car behind them did a really loud backfire. they both squealed and jumped sideways... opening up a gap that I could pass through.

So I lifted my head, sniffed derisively and strutted on by.

er

The end

Some days are just gold.

Walking down a narrow-ish street today, two snooty 25-35 year old (I guess) ladies were walking straight at me like "You're going to have to move, we're ladies don't you know and you're just road scum."

I mean I always move to one side anyway.....

But just as I was going to move, a car behind them did a really loud backfire. they both squealed and jumped sideways... opening up a gap that I could pass through.

So I lifted my head, sniffed derisively and strutted on by.

er

The end
You sure it was the car?

A tribute to the Great Des Hasler ....

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

See the source image

So...I was walking down the street today...

(that's for UK eagle, lol)

Anyway, we were in Oia on the island of Santorini as it's known for it's sunsets.

Now I realise you're all too 'Manly' to care about sunsets (non men excluded), so here's some pics of hat.

lwYuvRG.jpg

IeeVwOZ.jpg

8fsaG6E.jpg

So...I was walking down the street today...

(that's for UK eagle, lol)

Anyway, we were in Oia on the island of Santorini as it's known for it's sunsets.

Now I realise you're all too 'Manly' to care about sunsets (non men excluded), so here's some pics of hat.

lwYuvRG.jpg

IeeVwOZ.jpg

8fsaG6E.jpg
Nice photos GE . There are Eagle supporters in Greece

Sup N00bz and Yassas (γειά σας)

Cruising around Knossos (where they haven't blocked off places you can walk).

Where's that? I hear you heathens ask.

Crete..!
Wiki:

Knossos is the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete and has been called Europe's oldest city.

In Greek mythology, King Minos dwelt in a palace at Knossos.
He had Daedalus construct a labyrinth, a very large maze in which to retain his son, the Minotaur.

The myth of the Minotaur tells that Theseus, a prince from Athens, whose father is an ancient Greek king named Aegeus, sailed to Crete, where he was forced to fight a terrible creature called the Minotaur.

The king's daughter, Ariadne, fell in love with Theseus. Before he entered the Labyrinth to fight the Minotaur, Ariadne gave him a ball of thread which he unwound as he went into the Labyrinth so that he could find his way back by following it. Theseus killed the Minotaur, and then he and Ariadne fled from Crete, escaping her angry father.

MDAPJ1T.jpg

TDih32a.jpg

QH6Aq1Z.jpg

Were you able to go to the labyrinth?
I found a bit more of the fantastic story ...it's pretty good - sex, violence, bestiality, learning to fly, and a fair bit of forgetfulness. No wonder it's survived through the ages!

The story of the Minotaur begins when Minos, King of Crete, asked Poseidon, god of the sea, to give him a large white bull. Minos was to sacrifice the bull in order to show citizens of Crete his worth as King, and how much the gods esteemed him. But when Minos received the bull, he decided to keep it for himself. This annoyed Poseidon, and so he made Minos’s wife Pasiphae fall in love with the bull. The Minotaur was born from their union: an insatiable beast who soon would eat only human flesh. To contain the Minotaur’s violence, Minos closed him inside the famous Labyrinth. It was built by Daedalus and Icarus, who remained trapped inside and escaped by building wax wings.

It happened that Minos’s son Androgeus was killed by Athenian warriors, jealous of his strength and athletic ability which led him to win every competition. In revenge, Minos forced Athens to send seven young men and seven maidens every year to be fed to the Minotaur.

Theseus, son of Aegeus, King of Athens, decided to put an end to this punishment and leave along with the children sent to Crete, in order to kill the Minotaur. When Theseus arrived in Crete, Ariadne, daughter of Minos, fell immediately in love with him and asked Daedalus to help her find the Minotaur in the Labyrinth. Daedalus showed Ariadne the way and suggested she give Theseus a red thread to unwind when setting out in the labyrinth in order to find the way back (“Ariadne’s thread”). Theseus found the Minotaur and killed him after a violent battle, and also saved the other children. He prepared to return to Athens, bringing with him Ariadne and her younger sister Phaedra.

From this point on, there are many existing versions of the story that tell of Ariadne being abandoned on the island of Naxos, that she fell asleep when they stopped to rest. Some say that Dionysus, god of music and wine, forced Theseus to leave Ariadne there so that he could marry her himself. Others say that Theseus forgot about her, and when Dionysus saw Ariadne so upset, he decided to marry her to end her suffering. In any case, the legend of Theseus, the Minotaur and Ariadne ends in tragedy: Theseus had promised his father Aegeus that if he succeeded in his endeavor he would change the sails on his ship from black to white. But on his way home, Theseus forgot to change the sails. When Aegeus saw the ship with black sails on the horizon, in despair he threw himself in the sea and died. That sea was named after him and became the Aegean Sea.

I found a bit more of the fantastic story ...it's pretty good - sex, violence, bestiality, learning to fly, and a fair bit of forgetfulness. No wonder it's survived through the ages!

The story of the Minotaur begins when Minos, King of Crete, asked Poseidon, god of the sea, to give him a large white bull. Minos was to sacrifice the bull in order to show citizens of Crete his worth as King, and how much the gods esteemed him. But when Minos received the bull, he decided to keep it for himself. This annoyed Poseidon, and so he made Minos’s wife Pasiphae fall in love with the bull. The Minotaur was born from their union: an insatiable beast who soon would eat only human flesh. To contain the Minotaur’s violence, Minos closed him inside the famous Labyrinth. It was built by Daedalus and Icarus, who remained trapped inside and escaped by building wax wings.

It happened that Minos’s son Androgeus was killed by Athenian warriors, jealous of his strength and athletic ability which led him to win every competition. In revenge, Minos forced Athens to send seven young men and seven maidens every year to be fed to the Minotaur.

Theseus, son of Aegeus, King of Athens, decided to put an end to this punishment and leave along with the children sent to Crete, in order to kill the Minotaur. When Theseus arrived in Crete, Ariadne, daughter of Minos, fell immediately in love with him and asked Daedalus to help her find the Minotaur in the Labyrinth. Daedalus showed Ariadne the way and suggested she give Theseus a red thread to unwind when setting out in the labyrinth in order to find the way back (“Ariadne’s thread”). Theseus found the Minotaur and killed him after a violent battle, and also saved the other children. He prepared to return to Athens, bringing with him Ariadne and her younger sister Phaedra.

From this point on, there are many existing versions of the story that tell of Ariadne being abandoned on the island of Naxos, that she fell asleep when they stopped to rest. Some say that Dionysus, god of music and wine, forced Theseus to leave Ariadne there so that he could marry her himself. Others say that Theseus forgot about her, and when Dionysus saw Ariadne so upset, he decided to marry her to end her suffering. In any case, the legend of Theseus, the Minotaur and Ariadne ends in tragedy: Theseus had promised his father Aegeus that if he succeeded in his endeavor he would change the sails on his ship from black to white. But on his way home, Theseus forgot to change the sails. When Aegeus saw the ship with black sails on the horizon, in despair he threw himself in the sea and died. That sea was named after him and became the Aegean Sea.
That all brings back memories of when I had to do classical studies at school. I found it really confusing at the time

Yeah it is confusing. And how bad was Theseus's memory? where's my girlfriend? Oh **** I must have left her on that island. @:D

I'm married to a trivia buff so yes...yes I did know!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

lol

Plus no dad would throw themselves into the sea in despair of a son's failure.

They'd hang around to let the son know just how disappointed they are and 'back in his day'....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8