Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He only comes around to piss me off ... I don't feed him, he squawks loudly at me, I tell him to fukk off, he sits there until he shiites on my deck ... then flies of til next time ..

Welcome to the world of moderating.

When I was hanging out at my Dad's place, mrs ge and I would feed the magpies and butcher birds. The Butcher birds got comfy enough to fly in and sit on our chairs. I guess we should've mentioned the feeding to the rest of the family because when we left for ice cube world (Canada) the birds kept flying in, wanting food and freaking everyone out.

~no regrets~

Welcome to the world of moderating.

When I was hanging out at my Dad's place, mrs ge and I would feed the magpies and butcher birds. The Butcher birds got comfy enough to fly in and sit on our chairs. I guess we should've mentioned the feeding to the rest of the family because when we left for ice cube world (Canada) the birds kept flying in, wanting food and freaking everyone out.

~no regrets~
The magpies wander into our laundry from time to time. They get rather vocal if they feel you've forgotten about their food time!

I don't feed em either but have noticed them hanging around more and more lately and acting entitled (!) so I suspect someone in the neighborhood may have given them the wrong idea

Canucks v Habs last night and after the first period, the canucks were 4-0 down.

I thought... **** it. I'm not watching this rubbish anymore, and I even stopped my recording of it.

this morning: Canucks 7 defeat Habs 6 in overtime.

lol @ me

~I regret nooothing!!!~

PS: Can you imagine the game day thread if this was a manly game? lol

Canucks v Habs last night and after the first period, the canucks were 4-0 down.

I thought... **** it. I'm not watching this rubbish anymore, and I even stopped my recording of it.

this morning: Canucks 7 defeat Habs 6 in overtime.

lol @ me

~I regret nooothing!!!~

PS: Can you imagine the game day thread if this was a manly game? lol
Wow. Did anyone say anything about the ref? @:D
Or gambling!

Haha ... that's it ... I'm going to call him Kevvie ...
Any suggested names for this fella? He came looking for the possums sleeping under the bbq on the balcony.

Attachments

• 20201129_195000.jpg
    20201129_195000.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 8
London: A backlash against looking perfect on social media has led to dictionary compilers to declare "goblin mode" as their word of the year.

Oxford languages, which compiles the Oxford English Dictionary, defines the term as .. "a type of behaviour which is unapologetically self-indulgent, lazy, slovenly, or greedy. typically in a way that rejects social norms or expectations"

Being in goblin mode contrasts with carefully curated facades that people publish on social media to show themselves in good light.

@globaleagle .. don't ever say that I'm not a trend setter !

Last edited:
London: A backlash against looking perfect on social media has led to dictionary compilers to declare "goblin mode" as their word of the year.

Oxford languages, which compiles the Oxford English Dictionary, defines the term as .. "a type of behaviour which is unapologetically self-indulgent, lazy, slovenly, or greedy. typically in a way in a way that rejects social norms or expectations"

Being in goblin mode contrasts with carefully curated facades that people publish on social media to show themselves in good light.

@globaleagle .. don't ever say that I'm not a trend setter !

I read about that yesterday. I was thinking; 'Is this just a new word for slob?'

But then another article caught my eye which was about the 'Pretty privilege' (how good looking people get treated better). And interestingly, in a study, it found that 'pretty women' were receiving lower grades when studying online - due to covid - so that when there was no longer any person to person time...their grades went down! It had no effect on good looking guys - grade wise.

I read about that yesterday. I was thinking; 'Is this just a new word for slob?'

But then another article caught my eye which was about the 'Pretty privilege' (how good looking people get treated better). And interestingly, in a study, it found that 'pretty women' were receiving lower grades when studying online - due to covid - so that when there was no longer any person to person time...their grades went down! It had no effect on good looking guys - grade wise.
Lol, the 'pretty women' maybe just had more offers of alternative activities so didn't study as hard as they used to in person. Didn't affect the good looking blokes becuase their marks just stayed low as usual @:D

Found the article...

What is particularly interesting in this study, however, is the finding that the grades of attractive female students dropped when classes moved online during the pandemic. In the absence of physical interaction, attractive females no longer benefited from the beauty premium. In contrast, attractive males suffered no such consequence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4