Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sup N00bz and Yassas (γειά σας)

Cruising around Knossos (where they haven't blocked off places you can walk).

Where's that? I hear you heathens ask.

Crete..!
Wiki:

Knossos is the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete and has been called Europe's oldest city.

In Greek mythology, King Minos dwelt in a palace at Knossos.
He had Daedalus construct a labyrinth, a very large maze in which to retain his son, the Minotaur.

The myth of the Minotaur tells that Theseus, a prince from Athens, whose father is an ancient Greek king named Aegeus, sailed to Crete, where he was forced to fight a terrible creature called the Minotaur.

The king's daughter, Ariadne, fell in love with Theseus. Before he entered the Labyrinth to fight the Minotaur, Ariadne gave him a ball of thread which he unwound as he went into the Labyrinth so that he could find his way back by following it. Theseus killed the Minotaur, and then he and Ariadne fled from Crete, escaping her angry father.

MDAPJ1T.jpg

TDih32a.jpg

QH6Aq1Z.jpg
Hey there @globaleagle - you might remember a while back I said your "hat" travel was a great idea and that I would pay homage to you while I'm travelling around the US. So this is my first offering. It's no where near as cool (altho it was pretty cold in Washington DC today) or culturally enlightening as yours ....... but anyway .... we spread the Sea Eagle wings. I'll try to do better to do you justice. Cheers

We had a fun day down at the Capitol Building today. In fact, it was a riot!
image0.png

Hey there @globaleagle - you might remember a while back I said your "hat" travel was a great idea and that I would pay homage to you while I'm travelling around the US. So this is my first offering. It's no where near as cool (altho it was pretty cold in Washington DC today) or culturally enlightening as yours ....... but anyway .... we spread the Sea Eagle wings. I'll try to do better to do you justice. Cheers

We had a fun day down at the Capitol Building today. In fact, it was a riot!
View attachment 22939

"In fact it was a riot" - lol

I dunno...that's a pretty cool pic. Now I wanna know what that guy was eating.

Anyway...with regard to hat travels... it's not about quality, it's about quantity! woohoo.

I know what you mean about the cold. The grader came past to shovel the snow off the driveway so I had to run out, scrape the ice off the windscreen and move outta the way.

clumpy wet snow. ugh.

Keep the pics a' comin' (you've already got more likes than most of mine)...!!!

Plus I got straight A's, so I guess there's always the exception to the rule.
I arrived in Australia in 1969 from Ireland. I was talking to some other guy in class and the teacher said..... "Seeing as you've got so much to say perhaps you can tell the whole class about Oliver Cromwell"..... so I did, I told her **** she didn't know and said I'd seen his gravestone in Westminster Abbey.....anyway she said just stop talking in class.

Anyway...with regard to hat travels... it's not about quality, it's about quantity! woohoo.

I know what you mean about the cold. The grader came past to shovel the snow off the driveway so I had to run out, scrape the ice off the windscreen and move outta the way.

clumpy wet snow. ugh.

Hey - I'm guessing peanut butter and jelly! We're expecting snow in New York on Monday so I might have to break out the Manly beany to keep hat company. Cheers

Scotland's fleet of hilariously-named gritters hit the roads as fans watch them work live online​

Story by Jonathan Rose For Mailonline • Saturday

Scotland's fleet of hilariously-named gritters have hit the roads - with names like Gritney Spears, For Your Ice Only and Salt Disney.

Transport Scotland's gritters have risen to prominence in recent years due to their fun names and a website called Gritty Tracker that allows you to follow their movements.

The UK has a tradition of giving modes of transport bizarre names, after a research ship was named Boaty McBoatface following a public vote in 2016.

And the nation's fleet of gritters, which are keeping drivers safe this week, is no exception.

And the nation's fleet of gritters, which are keeping drivers safe this week, is no exception.

Transport Scotland's gritters have risen to prominence in recent years due to their fun names and a website that allows you to track their movements
Transport Scotland's gritters have risen to prominence in recent years due to their fun names and a website that allows you to track their movements© Provided by Daily Mail
The UK has a tradition of giving modes of transport bizarre names, after a research ship was named Boaty McBoatface following a public vote in 2016. Pictured: Sir Andy Flurry
The UK has a tradition of giving modes of transport bizarre names, after a research ship was named Boaty McBoatface following a public vote in 2016. Pictured: Sir Andy Flurry© Provided by Daily Mail
And the nation's fleet of gritters, which are keeping drivers safe this week, is no exception. Pictured: Gritty Gritty Bang Bang

Other highlights include Gangsta Granny Gritter gritting roads in Dingwall, Easter Ross, and Veruca Salt in Perth, Perthshire.

I Came, I Thaw, I Conquered and Mary Queen of Salt are clearing roads in Dundee.

Other council's across the UK have followed suit and given their gritters new names.

Voldergrit is on the roads in Chelmsford, Essex, Thaw Enforcement in East Riding of Yorkshire, with Itsy Bitsy Teeney Weeney Yellow Anti-Slip Machiney and David Plowie are out in Doncaster.

Scotland's Gritter names 2022​

Mr Plow
The Ice Destroyer
Gritallica
Ready, Spready Go!
Snow Angel
Veruca Salt
My Name is Doddie
Sprinkles
Grit A Bit
My Name’5 Doddie
I Want to Break Freeze
Mega Melter
Basil Salty
Polar Patroller
Snow Dozer
Licence to Chill
The Incredible Ice BEAR
Walter The Salter
BFG – Big Friendly Gritter
BEAR-illiant
Sled Zeppelin
Snowlar BEAR
Gansta Granny Gritter
Frosty
The Snow Buster
For Your Ice Only
The Snowclaimers
Salty
I’m shovelin’
Always Be Grit-full
Scotland’s Bravest Gritter
Blizzard BEAR
Sir Salter Scott
Snow Connery
Nitty Gritty
Grit-Tok
BRINE FREEEEZE
Mrs McGritter
Polar BEAR Express

@globaleagle ... you need to send this as a name challenge to Canada ...

clumpy wet snow. ugh.

Hey - with all the gloom and doom about Tommy, I thought I'd post some pics of Hat living it up in New York this week.

Hat sunning himself in -2 degrees at Central Park

IMG_8963.jpg

Meeting the other Mad Hatter

IMG_1038.jpg

It's Hats fav movie so we had to visit the Natural History Museum

IMG_1337.jpg

Trying to sign up some big fellas on a train and trial deal

IMG_1315.jpg

He didn't quite understand that this end of the dinosaur is not any safer than the front

IMG_1323.jpg

I made Hats day when I got him an intro to Head

IMG_1321.jpg

Finally today, a bit of ice skating at the Rockefeller Centre

IMG_1378.jpg

Hat was very keen to have some shots taken at the MET but they weren't real keen on him sitting on 2000 year old sculptures and the like.

Hey @BOZO, you might remember I was going off to have tea with the big Scott man whilst in New York. So I'm catching up with him on Friday. I was able to get you an invite so if you can be here by Friday, I'll meet you on the steps of his office. I've attached your specially hand written invitation. Scott asked me to apologise for the napkin invite but he's invested a lot in hamstring repair research and is trying to save where he can.

Hat, Scott and I hope to see you Friday.

20221214_212627 (1).jpg

Hey @BOZO, you might remember I was going off to have tea with the big Scott man whilst in New York. So I'm catching up with him on Friday. I was able to get you an invite so if you can be here by Friday, I'll meet you on the steps of his office. I've attached your specially hand written invitation. Scott asked me to apologise for the napkin invite but he's invested a lot in hamstring repair research and is trying to save where he can.
Thank you for sharing those Fantastic New York Manly photos feathered friend

It sounds like you are having an Amazing time up there
Due to work commitments I will be with you all in the Manly Spirit

1671079091990.png

Thank you for sharing those Fantastic New York Manly photos feathered friend

It sounds like you are having an Amazing time up there
Due to work commitments I will be with you all in the Manly Spirit

View attachment 22977
Shame you couldn't make it today @BOZO. As it turns out, it was pretty damp and cold.

Scott asked me to dress up for the occasion so Hat stayed home and I wore Beanie instead. But Hat saw us off at the Subway.

20221215_110843.jpg

Unfortunately, Scotty (he wanted me to call him that) was a bit camera shy coz he's the big man in town. I mean, they even named a whole District after him. Pretty impressive.

IMG_1492.jpg

And an entire Train Station!!

IMG_1486.jpg

Meanwhile, Hat decided to hang out and (C)Hat with some locals. Even Stephen Colbert dropped by.

IMG_1520.jpg

Shame you couldn't make it today @BOZO. As it turns out, it was pretty damp and cold.

Scott asked me to dress up for the occasion so Hat stayed home and I wore Beanie instead. But Hat saw us off at the Subway.

View attachment 22981
Unfortunately, Scotty (he wanted me to call him that) was a bit camera shy coz he's the big man in town. I mean, they even named a whole District after him. Pretty impressive.

View attachment 22982

And an entire Train Station!!

View attachment 22983

Meanwhile, Hat decided to hang out and (C)Hat with some locals. Even Stephen Colbert dropped by.

View attachment 22984

It looks like (in the reflection of the Penn station photo) that there's a dog pooping.

So you got the whole New York experience! lol

Did you and Scott buy a footy team?

It looks like (in the reflection of the Penn station photo) that there's a dog pooping.

So you got the whole New York experience! lol

Did you and Scott buy a footy team?
Good pick up!

Actually, our "best" NY experience has been the bloke sitting on the stoop with his pants down, pi**ing in the air like a fountain whilst laughing his head off.

And it's funny you should mention buying a footy team coz he's decided to diversify and invest in an NBA team. He's invested heavily into the "up and comers" (well, that's what he told me) - the Minnesota Timberwolves.

The figure in Edvard Munch's painting "The Scream" is not screaming, they are hearing screams.

Or something like that "the infinite scream in nature" yadda yadda...

the thing is...the figure isn't screaming for those who wanna go to wiki to c/p some blurgh (which is my job , really).

When you're invited to a street party to meet the neighbours and you've had a couple of drinks never mention funny things that happened in high security.

The figure in Edvard Munch's painting "The Scream" is not screaming, they are hearing screams.

Or something like that "the infinite scream in nature" yadda yadda...

the thing is...the figure isn't screaming for those who wanna go to wiki to c/p some blurgh (which is my job , really).
I must have missed something in this thread, no idea what either of you are talking about!!
Suspicious Face GIF

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4