Election 2010, who do you think will win and why??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With friends like Latham who needs enemies. If he had made it to be PM his character flaws would have seen one of the worst selections in the history of this country. I wonder if the new, improved, sparkling, cleaner-than-clean Abbott is somehow in this category. Time will tell.

bob dylan link said:
The election is a won horse race, the bookies always get it right.  On betfair at the moment the market is (with $447,421.00 in the pool)

ALP $1.28
Coalition is $4.40

I am not interested in pressing my views or opinions on others but if you are a Liberal voter and think they have a chance have something on them at the big odds.

Latest betfair odds with $1.17 million in the pool

ALP $1.69
Coalition $2.44

That is a market at 100.2% (you won't see the bookies at Randwick or Flemington betting to a market that low, usually around 115%).

Both Abbott and Gillard are campaigning poorly. Funny thing is that in Australia Governments tend not to win, they lose. Labor have picked up the ball slightly in the last week and the Rudd effect on campaigning remains to be seen. Does it present a more united front or does it reinforce his dumping. Interesting days.

I watched the Liberal launch (in between the Sunday footy show and the Roast today) whilst making myself a sanga for lunch. I must say Abbot came across very well and made some excellent points. I don't know if the libs have ever paid to have a launch go live on TV before (can't remember having seen one) but I just wonder how many people actually watched it.

Did Abbott actually say anything apart from Cut the Debt and Stop the boats? Did he say anything about the economy or how to restore the country?

I didn't see it today but he strikes me as one who would much rather be out chatting to people than stuck in a room of suits.

Canteen Worker link said:
Did Abbott actually say anything apart from Cut the Debt and Stop the boats? Did he say anything about the economy or how to restore the country?

I didn't see it today but he strikes me as one who would much rather be out chatting to people than stuck in a room of suits.

Politics is about reputations, Abbott doesn't have to say anything to exceed his reputation, what he has to do is not say anything stupid. The same will be true if he is one day PM, he wont have to be a radical, he will win people over by simply seeming reasonable.

Reports on TV news today suggest the gap has opened asgain for Labor....it was 50-50 a few days ago and now 52-48.....does Dudd make that much difference??

I said right at the start of this that Labor will win, but with a much smaller margin....I still haven't changed my view.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Reports on TV news today suggest the gap has opened asgain for Labor....it was 50-50 a few days ago and now 52-48.....does Dudd make that much difference??

I said right at the start of this that Labor will win, but with a much smaller margin....I still haven't changed my view.

Which way did the 52 - 48 go?

Never mind, found it. Its a poor poll - the greens will not get 13%. Possibly 12 if they do very well I would think.

The undecideds, as usual, will prove the difference. Will they vote for change or stick with the current mob for another term? They is a lot to win and lose in the last two weeks of the campaign.

We had the local Lib candidate in our street last Friday. Best response though was when a neighbour, a Professor in Economics, asked him a few questions. He went running as fast as he could. (He had forgotten his tennis racquet!!!)

Rusty link said:
Never mind, found it. Its a poor poll - the greens will not get 13%. Possibly 12 if they do very well I would think.

Galaxy has it at 51-49 to the ALP as well.  The greens will not get 13% - more like 10%, which is still an increase on the 7% they got last time.  It is reasonable to expect the lower green vote will in turn come back to the ALP - where they came from.  So in reality the ALP is probably doing a bit better than the polling suggests. 

On these figures they will get in the range of 52-53% on polling day, essentially a status quo result. 

Gillard on Q and A last night was very impressive, and clearly knows her stuff. 

The highlight though was this:

Audience member: On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a tool is Mark Latham?

Gillard: Some things can't be measured. 

That guy has gone off the deep end since losing the election and shows no respect for the millions of people who voted for him at the time. 

Latham has lost the plot big time. He should be taken away by men in white coats.

I know Fraser, Howard, Hawke and Keating are bumbling fools these days but at least they can blame old age.

And there's Barnaby Joyce and Wilson Tuckey????

bob dylan link said:
And there's Barnaby Joyce and Wilson Tuckey????

I had to feel sorry for the Nats guy going in Coffs, he had Barnaby as his high profile help with electioneering. Talk about a handicap.

The Gronk link said:
Gillard on Q and A last night was very impressive, and clearly knows her stuff. 

The highlight though was this:

Audience member: On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a tool is Mark Latham?

Gillard: Some things can't be measured. 

That guy has gone off the deep end since losing the election and shows no respect for the millions of people who voted for him at the time. 

The problem with Q & A is that the audience have to submit their questions before the program and then they are told which ones have been selected.

It gives Gillard and her team plenty of notice to formulate answers to the questions that they want to answer.  Stage managed.

Canteen Worker link said:
The undecideds, as usual, will prove the difference. Will they vote for change or stick with the current mob for another term? They is a lot to win and lose in the last two weeks of the campaign.

We had the local Lib candidate in our street last Friday. Best response though was when a neighbour, a Professor in Economics, asked him a few questions. He went running as fast as he could. (He had forgotten his tennis racquet!!!)

We had the sex party candidate at the train station and I asked a series of questions about their policies on economics, unemployment, immigration, water conservation, industrial relations and more and all I got was, "We don't have those policies, they are not important." Quite amusing.

That ****back Latham was at it again today running his mouth off about legendary journalist Laurie Oakes.

Thank god this goose never became PM.

Barnaby Joyce was on Sunrise this morning debating the Greens, actually he did pretty well and the Greens lady was well to put it politely....****ed in the head!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8