Embarrassed and sad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Horrible incident, and I feel for Mrs Pritchard. But it's unfair to brand all of us with this. I've witnessed a bulldogs fan punch a female knights fan in the face, unprovoked. I don't hold this against all bulldogs fans, let alone the whole canterbury bankstown area.

My car was stolen and burnt, and left at the gates of penrith park in 1995. I don't hold this against penrith fans, or the penrith area.

niccipops said:
Chip and Chase said:
This is not a Manly fan issue, this is a moronic human being issue.
Nailed it C & C.

Yep. Over 12,000 people there and one idiot ( that was identified ),
can someone work out that as a percentage?
Is that like .008% or something?

The minority stuffing it for the rest.

mosto said:
I've been weighing up whether to post something like this myself ET. While I am not, nor will ever be, embarrassed to be a Manly fan, I am embarrassed that our great club has 'fans' that sink to this level. I'm certainly no anti-racism poster boy, but to fire off a tirade of racial slurs at a woman and her four year old daughter is about as low as it gets. If her husband, or someone of a similar build, were sitting with her, would you have made the comments? I doubt it, as you appear to be cowards who pick your targets. I get that it was a heated atmosphere but that is no excuse. If you can't control your emotions in that environment, avoid putting yourself in that situation.

While I understand Mrs Pritchards decision not to attend functions or games at the Leagues club or Brookvale Oval, I sincerely hope she reconsiders. If she lets where she does, and does not, go be influenced by a small group of strangers, then they have succeeded. The best thing, IMO, that she and her family could do, is to turn up to Brookvale Oval, sit in the same seats, look to see if these idiots are in the same seats (which being in the stands I assume they're season ticket holders so there's a chance they keep the same seats) and say 'I don't care what you've got to say, I have a right to be here'.

I hate the fact that all week I've had defend my club and myself against the actions of few small minded people, when neither I, nor the club, has done anything wrong.

If the morons that were responsible for this read this forum, the only way to earn a back a small amount of respect is to contact the Pritchards with your apology, then accept whatever punishment the club and NRL feel necessary.

Agree 100% Mosto.

I didn't have my kids with me at this game & must confess I was screaming out "Cheats" at the refs... not something I am proud of but heat of the moment stuff. It really sucks big time that we have a further week to stew on this game.... the bye has come at a bad time! :(

StuBoot said:
niccipops said:
Chip and Chase said:
Nailed it C & C.

It is alos up to the club to have the correct number of staff / procedures to stop this from happening once it starts. The fact that the club is going to look at the security arrangements is an acknowledgement that the current process is flawed

StuBoot said:
niccipops said:
Chip and Chase said:
Nailed it C & C.

Maybe more telling is that there were over 12000 fans there and there were no witnesses to the alleged spit other than Barba himself. Fans of BOTH teams usually crowd the players tunnel at full-time yet not one has come forward as a witness.

barba should just have gone up the tunnel end of story, he went looking for trouble and just antagonized the crowd. He should never have been in the Manly dugout fullstop. He would have been abused no more than any other player at any game, it happens. Did you ever see any of the storm players run over to fans abusing them, no they just walk up the tunnel no dramas. barba is just trouble and his bad behaviour is condoned by his club who play the victim card at any given opportunity

The initial post has appeared on Frank Pritchard's twitter feed.

The more positive responses the better IMO. With the negative stuff surrounding footy right now (yep, small minority I know), it'd be great just to get the good side of the game on the front page.

Nathan Merritt comes to mind . . .

Brett's Diabetes event.

ET

Shoe1 said:
Horrible incident, and I feel for Mrs Pritchard. But it's unfair to brand all of us with this. I've witnessed a bulldogs fan punch a female knights fan in the face, unprovoked. I don't hold this against all bulldogs fans, let alone the whole canterbury bankstown area.

My car was stolen and burnt, and left at the gates of penrith park in 1995. I don't hold this against penrith fans, or the penrith area.

Shoe1 - I don't think we're all being branded but what seems to happen is the game gets a really bad name and that's a disaster. I guess in my dream-like state I'd hope we as Manly fans can raise the bar and simply walk away from a loss, not start a confrontation.

Eagles Terrorist said:
The initial post has appeared on Frank Pritchard's twitter feed.

The more positive responses the better IMO. With the negative stuff surrounding footy right now (yep, small minority I know), it'd be great just to get the good side of the game on the front page.

Nathan Merritt comes to mind . . .

Brett's Diabetes event.

ET

Shoe1 said:

Shoe1 - I don't think we're all being branded but what seems to happen is the game gets a really bad name and that's a disaster. I guess in my dream-like state I'd hope we as Manly fans can raise the bar and simply walk away from a loss, not start a confrontation.

I just urinated on a wall....the good news? My bladder feels buckin awesome!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2