• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan said:
Stevo said:
Why? Would the ink alter his mind and perception?

It seems to have done that to 99% of the population who are not in the services that have them.

They are not called tough stickers for nothing.

They are only tough stickers if they are inked into muscle, tattoos on fat are just sad. Apparently it's something to do with muscle weighing more than fat, makes the tattoos look better (more imposing/scarier)

Clay said:
Tonga and Horo are terrible signings, they cant even make the starting 13 at parra :/
The wolfman could not make Parra's starting 13 but after he came to Manly he played for Australia . Terrible Parra lol

bob dylan said:
Not a bad player imo

Error ridden and lazy come to mind. Cannot expect Esi to mark up on any opposition centre with decent footwork, he'll be toast.

I reckon Horo and Lawton are smart signings ( assuming they are on minimum type wage etc and looking for an opportunity ).

Cant say I am as hopeful about Esi Tonga, hopefully proved dead wrong on that one, but overall when you throw in all the youngsters we have signed next year, I gotta say I reckon the recruitment team are doing a great job. Smart cheap signings, some will come off and some wont, but none will break the bank and none is mega high risk.

I don't think he's outstanding at all but Wayne Bennett and Mal Meninga obviously think the bloke has talent.

WAMF said:
Stevo said:
Yeah i guess the 2 Queensland coaches are idiots

So you thought he was outstanding for the eels?
I'm also happy to be proven wrong with Esi.

No one has been outstanding for Parra for long time. Parramatta is Aboriginal name translated as 'the place where the eels lie' but recently changed to 'the place where the eels players lie'
Just look who we have turn around at Manly from that dead beat club - Wolfie - Joe - Tafua - Lyon - Robinson - TRex - Hodkinson.
I think he'll be a good buy and time Matai will see become a better player.

bob dylan said:
Stevo said:

It seems to have done that to 99% of the population who are not in the services that have them.

In about 10 years the next business to get into will be Tattoo removal.

Esi is garbage in lateral defence. Hopefully Jamie can teach him a thing or two ...:-/

WAMF said:
Would Esi get a centre spot over say, Farrar if one of regular guns were unavailable?

Silly question. It's impossible to say. Depends on form. If he's in good form i'd say yes. Farrar might be no good after his knee injury either.

Average bull said:
bob dylan said:
Stevo said:

Blah blah blah . What a load of sh.t

Below average post. No valid input.

Unless we are talking a freakish talent like Inglis , ANY centre playing for Parra in recent times is very tough to judge.
The team lacked inspiration apart from Hindmarsh & the odd Fui hitup & when involved at a club with no spine , rocks & diamond halves, poor coaching & zero expectancy its hard to show your true ability.
Will save reservations till he is in the Maroon & White because only then, will we see what he is capable of.

mozgrame said:
Esi will prove a very good buy, and some people will be eating their hats. Trust me.
Five years ago me and a mate were coaching junior footy. We end up having a bit to do with Esi and Will Mathews, both emerging Titan juniors at the time. He is a quiet, reserved guy, who had plenty of time for the kids. He is quite a big guy, with the usual tatts, but was effective in getting the kids to shut-up and listen!
We were expecting big things form Esi. Injuries didn't help him. But it became obvious after a while , that the opposition continued to target, and isolate him in one on one attacking raids with their speed men. I still believe he has got a tonne of positives to his game, and if this flaw can be coached out of him, we may have another Matai on our hands.:)

Defence is all about commitment and trust. Commit yourself and trust those around you.

No centre in their right mind would expect to come to Manly and expect to dislodge Killer or Stevie from a first grade spot. However this is one spot that we have lacked depth in for a while now, so it will be good to have a back up now that Whare has moved on. Injury / supsension has been a common theme for our centres so he will get some opportunity more than likely if up to standard.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6