Every game live $1.7 billion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I might have to stop being a cheap bastard and get Foxtel........
ha, I changed my ways for this season, my comments to my mates earlier this year were, great, I can watch our losses live, thankfully, we have put a few wins together.

At last they get that Monday night football is a crowd number killer and Thursday night is a much better alternative. Hopefully the draw will be for everyone rather than the Friday night donkeys every week. Clever that they want 3.games on Saturday and Sunday. That is a must and hopefully more day games as well.

At last they get that Monday night football is a crowd number killer and Thursday night is a much better alternative. Hopefully the draw will be for everyone rather than the Friday night donkeys every week. Clever that they want 3.games on Saturday and Sunday. That is a must and hopefully more day games as well.

One Friday night game will kill the Donkeys every Friday night deal, that only happens because of the two games.

It irks me that we watch 9 in standard def, but I can then watch a replay on Fox of the same game in HD.

I have Fox, all games live in HD would be good for me!!

I wouldn't say your being a cheap bastard lol, Foxtel is a ripoff but its a must if you love sports imo. You can get the sports pack for around 50 bucks a month which isnt too bad at 13 bucks a week.

What's holding me back mostly is that I see absolutely no value in their basic package which you have to get in order to get anything else such as sports. I worked it out a few weeks ago....46 channels in the basic, 33 of which would never see the light of day on my television. To me its not worth paying $25 when I'm only going to watch 28% of what I am paying for. And then have to pay another $25 on top of that just to get sports.

I'd gladly sign up if I only had to pay $25 for the sports channels without all the other garbage thrown in......

I would be happy to pay $100 a season to watch every game via the internet in 1080. Hopefully the NRL is considering streaming as a proper viable media option.

The problem is whilst Foz have their 2 cents it will never happen. (Not unless you buy fox).

I would be happy to pay $100 a season to watch every game via the internet in 1080. Hopefully the NRL is considering streaming as a proper viable media option.

The problem is whilst Foz have their 2 cents it will never happen. (Not unless you buy fox).

Free to air tv is absolute rubbish. I only watch the channel 9 nrl games. Every other show is by the internet thru torrents. With Stan, netflix, telstra's new online streaming etc etc - this is the future of TV. And you get it in HD instead of the very poor quality aussie tv broadcasts in. Hopefully we can get more competitive online streaming and sports packages down the track - as it stands foxtel is over priced but it is enticing if you get all games live, as the channel 9 team are absolute garbage but not a fan of Thursday night games. Getting rid of Monday and replacing it with Thursday night makes no sense if they are hoping to get more fans at games.

I would love to see 1 friday night, 2 sat afternoon, 1 Sat night and the rest Sunday day games.

Have the option with Foxtel like when you use to be able to choose between a couple of live games being played simultaneously.

What's holding me back mostly is that I see absolutely no value in their basic package which you have to get in order to get anything else such as sports. I worked it out a few weeks ago....46 channels in the basic, 33 of which would never see the light of day on my television. To me its not worth paying $25 when I'm only going to watch 28% of what I am paying for. And then have to pay another $25 on top of that just to get sports.

I'd gladly sign up if I only had to pay $25 for the sports channels without all the other garbage thrown in......

I totally understand all your points and agree. Foxtel is a giant ripoff and you should be able to pay only for the channels you watch. That being said for around 15 bucks a week i can watch all the NRL games each week and when you look at it that way its not to bad. If all 8 games are live on foxtel in HD then that 15 bucks a week is going to look even better.

Every other show is by the internet thru torrents. With Stan, netflix, telstra's new online streaming etc etc - this is the future of TV. And you get it in HD instead of the very poor quality aussie tv broadcasts in.
Exactly! Everything else is trying to take advantage of technology and the NRL doesn't see this massive opportunity. The NRL Digital Pass would be great if they had HD options and reliable streams. What happened to that news about YouTube wanting in on the NRL? I'd pay $100 per season for that in a heartbeat.

Exactly! Everything else is trying to take advantage of technology and the NRL doesn't see this massive opportunity. The NRL Digital Pass would be great if they had HD options and reliable streams. What happened to that news about YouTube wanting in on the NRL? I'd pay $100 per season for that in a heartbeat.

I dont have foxtel, but i do use the nrl digital pass for 3.00 a week (in fact, I got a free subscription with my new telstra mobile plan). I pay 69.00 a month for high speed cable broadband 200gig a month - heaps! I also have 3.5gig 4g on mobile plan. The NRL digital pass works flawless on my mobile phone. Its meant to be used on a mobile device with an app. Does not work on a PC, laptop etc - or I have found it to be unreliable at best on those devices.

I have a google chromecast - 39.00 at JB Hifi. It casts the video content from your phone (or music, youtube, etc) onto your TV. It is not as clear as Foxtel HD - thats for sure, but I get to watch every NRL game live - on my tv for 3.00 a week (for me it's free with telstra plan!) You can put the subscription on hold during summer as well.

I also like if i am away from my house - such as when i was catching up with parents on central coast a few weeks ago, we went to the park for lunch, i took my phone and watched the Manly for sharks sunday arvo game flawless on my phone. Not bad for 3.00 a week, as an alternative to Foxtel.

But I think next time there is a deal on Foxtel, will subscribe for next years NRL season.

$50/month for Foxtel ain't bad. I was speaking to my BF about this last night and he said he'd happily pay $150/month for Foxtel if that's where every game of live NRL was (he also watches a lot of other sports). That being said he also finds other content to watch on other Foxtel channels (we have the full package), stuff that he wouldn't usually watch but happens to stumble across it and enjoys it. Anyway each to their own really. I think it's great that Foxtel will get all games live and in HD - I hate watching delayed and SD!!

Im not sure how that works, is that how the AFL does it?
Yup, 7 produce four games, and Fox produce the other 5. They have an agreement in regards to the 'in game network promotion' so a 7 produced match simulcast on Fox won't have commentary ads for their programs, so the simulcast works well in a sense that you get the game, and not the bombarding of advertising of another network, especially with AFL having their own channel on Fox. AFL is in a better ownership position of their game, you'll see AFL logos on things like the commentator mics rather than network logos too on simulcast games as well as few other little things you notice. The costs would be far too much and space far too limited to send in two broadcast teams to a game to do their own. 9 pay a packet for the on air 'talent' so they wouldn't just sell their 'pictures' to fox to simulcast, it'd be all or nothing. So it's pointless Fox spending even more using their on air talent where they don't need to. So you'll still be stuck with the 9 commentary team for I'd imagine Thursday / Friday / Sunday arvo games, but be able to watch it on Fox, on a no doubt FOXNRL Channel (avoiding 9's ads).

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2015/08/04/Media/NRL-Broadcast-Deal.aspx

TEN DEAL CAUSES CONCERN
: In Sydney, Mason & Stensholt reported Foxtel's purchase of 15% of the Ten Network "could give Rupert Murdoch's global media conglomerate News Corporation too much power over Australian sport," opponents of the deal say. Any terrestrial TV network bidding for the right to broadcast sporting events "would have to co-operate with pay-TV network Foxtel," which is 50%-owned by News Corp., and "there are fears in the media industry and professional sport that Foxtel would want to include Ten in any deal." A source suggested that the two main football codes "might receive only one offer each:" a joint bid from Ten and Foxtel or Fox Sports, which is 100%-owned by News Corp., and either Nine Entertainment Co. or Seven West Media. The Australian Football League and National Rugby League "would like record-breaking broadcast deals" of A$1.5B ($1.09B)-A$2B ($1.45B) each over five years. They hope for "intense competition between free-to-air networks" (SYDNEY MORNING HERALD, 8/3).

3 Games on a Sunday will mean an evening game with 6.30ish kick off which is a work/school night only advantage being over Monday is you can get to game easily being Sunday arvo but people with kids or early work starts may be put attending that time slot

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2