Exemptions granted for roster deadline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
How can you have a contract and just choose not to play. He either retires for medical or he fronts up.

I honestly just dont get it
Agree, give him the address at Blacktown and instruct him to perform all training and duties as specified ...... training all week at Blacktown and sitting on the bench in reggies will be either

a) Just reward for services rendered ..

b) The catalyst for him voluntarily retiring and ending his contract .....

Agree, give him the address at Blacktown and instruct him to perform all training and duties as specified ...... training all week at Blacktown and sitting on the bench in reggies will be either

a) Just reward for services rendered ..

b) The catalyst for him voluntarily retiring and ending his contract .....

Unlike our legends who were signed for one more year than necessary I say “ **** him”, if he’s being paid turn up for work, I don’t care if he just runs the water or cleans the ****houses do something for your money you big wanker!!!

Wonder if they even know about it??

Maybe they thought they were done and suddenly Greenslimes found a $500k a year loophole?
When he first went to the Storm there was an article that said the deal was only for 2017 .... and 2018 would revert back to Manly ..... at the time I just thought it was a mistake because no one else mentioned it ..

PSS I believe I read the article posted here on Silvertails so somebody better at research than me and with too much time on their hands (@globaleagle ) could probably find it ..

When he first went to the Storm there was an article that said the deal was only for 2017 .... and 2018 would revert back to Manly ..... at the time I just thought it was a mistake because no one else mentioned it ..

PSS I believe I read the article posted here on Silvertails so somebody better at research than me and with too much time on their hands (@globaleagle ) could probably find it ..
Bugger, there’s another useless $500k

Oh yeah!!!! I resemble that remark!

There is a coach in the NHL John Tortorella who the canucks hired, and he was absolute ****e. Canucks 'let him go' and he went on to another team who also fired him.

He wasn't even turning up to canucks training....and yet he still has to legally be paid by the club when he got moved on.

In the end he was being paid by 3 different clubs..... and wasn't at any of them. Getting 4 mill + a year for doing nothing!!!!

Myles...pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

Oh yeah!!!! I resemble that remark!

There is a coach in the NHL John Tortorella who the canucks hired, and he was absolute ****e. Canucks 'let him go' and he went on to another team who also fired him.

He wasn't even turning up to canucks training....and yet he still has to legally be paid by the club when he got moved on.

In the end he was being paid by 3 different clubs..... and wasn't at any of them. Getting 4 mill + a year for doing nothing!!!!

Myles...pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

Sounds like Ricky Stuart ...

but, he had all those wonderful things like experience and rep honours that will be of enormous value to our young inexperienced team ..... just like Carney has ...

At least Carney only urinated in public and even that was in a bathroom.
Don't forget Myles's history, the guy is virtually a fecophiliac.

In fact comparing those 2 incidents Myles was far worse for mine, he was wasted walking around a hotel naked, crapping in the stair case and knocking on multiple families doors while they were trying to sleep. The main difference is it wasn't captured on film and posted on social media.

In fact comparing those 2 incidents Myles was far worse for mine, he was wasted walking around a hotel naked, crapping in the stair case and knocking on multiple families doors while they were trying to sleep. The main difference is it wasn't captured on film and posted on social media.

Thank the lord for that .....

But my comparison was not on who has been the baddest naughty boy .... my comparison was on the value of an aging star with experience ......

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Don't believe this article. Once a player retires, the club does not have to pay him and his salary is not included in the cap. Contract finished end of 2018 but how much of that Manly was paying?? Couldn't be much. Would be on storms contracted players anyway, not Manly?? He signed with storm last year

You are correct, if not the worst, certainly would be on the podium ....

but, he had all those wonderful things like experience and rep honours that will be of enormous value to our young inexperienced team ..... just like Carney has ...
You are correct, if not the worst, certainly would be on the podium ....

Haha I can’t cop the experience line with dead weight Woodsie. If your on 600k, you need to be able to play. He would not have stood out in reserve grade.

Nate was on a 3 year deal @ $1.5 mil from 2016. We released him mid 2017, so I don't think it's a suprise to the club because $500k was always to be included in our 2018 cap. It appears a total f**k up by the club that unfortunately we have to wear. It seems we still have $800k left in our cap, so we are still in a good position, pending any TPA fine ($0), Carney coming aboard ($150k), with potentially ($650k) for a mid season purchase, or a Carney extention if he proves his worth. Things could be worse...

Don't believe this article. Once a player retires, the club does not have to pay him and his salary is not included in the cap. Contract finished end of 2018 but how much of that Manly was paying?? Couldn't be much. Would be on storms contracted players anyway, not Manly?? He signed with storm last year
Nate"s Manly contract was initially for three years from 2016 but i think that you could be right in regard to not being on Manly 's books now as he is certainly not included on the club's official contracted 2018 playing squad . Surely with all of the prolonged signing sagas with Moylan , Pearce . Hodo , Thompson and now Carney , any implications with still having Nate on Manly's books would have received some attention ,if it was the case that he still on their payroll .

Just read the storm contract was only for 2017. Unsigned for 2018. Was released from Manly. If a player retires (not due to medical) but just decided to hang up the boots because he is past it and unsigned, surely that 500k doesn't count towards manlys cap in 2018??

Totally agree

I would love a job where I have a contract for 3 years and at the end of the 2nd year, I quit and they still have to pay me for the 3rd year ... where do I sign!!

So if we apply this to the real world, I can sign an employment contract for the next 3 years, then decide next year I've had enough and decide to retire, but my employer still has to keep paying me for another two years to play golf? Who writes these contracts? The player managers? FMD.
I think all of this came in the last Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Rugby League Players Association

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11