Extraordinary General Meeting of MWDRLFC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only clue we have in all of this is that the person make the call for the KPI's has never been a footballer. Who on the Board has and has not been a footballer?

Jono said:
The only clue we have in all of this is that the person make the call for the KPI's has never been a footballer. Who on the Board has and has not been a footballer?

That's a bit harsh on Melinda. There is no doubt in my mind who Des was referring to.

ManlyBacker said:
Jono said:

That's a bit harsh on Melinda. There is no doubt in my mind who Des was referring to.

None of them have been footballers

"Despite my ongoing discussions with the board for over 12 months regarding a new contract with the Manly club, we simply could not align our future thoughts"

This is from the statement Des made as to why he was leaving - this is his own words from his own email address - not "reports say"...or "it is thought"...or "insiders tell me" - it is from him - not Dean Ritchie or other journo's twisting things to poke us with a stick to make us dance.

This is what he said - not what is reported in the Telegraph or SMH or by reporters who are rehashing what they have heard on Fox Sports to meet their column inches requirements or to take a poke at Manly because that is always good press?

Read his statement - he does not say he doesn't get on with any director, he doesn't say there is a rift or blame a person for him leaving?

He had an option to go now but is staying - if the spot was so untenable why is he not heading to Belmore today?

There is no "Anti-Des faction" in the club - But you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to see where or why that may be being propogated.

Wheel - You know enough about the set up of the club and the boards so have a think - The FC and Leagues Club has no direct or even indirect influence on Des and his day to day running of his playing or coaching staff - None - FACT

So intimating that Des is going because of Bob Reilly or any of the Football Club or Leagues club board members (Or even the MWSE I suppose) is strange to say the least - you may as well say he was going because he didn't like the way Matabele reminds him of Dr Sheldon Cooper and very rarely says anything positive about the club or the team?

What you maybe need to concern yourselves with is why that is being pushed via the media when Des has not publicly made such a claim?

I know that the facts and common sense don't lend themselves to the best wishes of those on here who are bent on pushing their own agendas but if you are going to post or try to influence others then at least back up your posts with fact?

Zorba is I believe is about to set off on "The World" for a nice well earned cruise (half his luck!) so will have plenty of time to finish his book which due to the time he's spent with the club and in sports journalism in general should be a cracking read!

I think I know why Des is going (although I'm not 100%) but I am pretty much 100% convinced that it was not due to any blunder, personality issues or tardiness from any person or board connected to the Sea Eagles.

One would hope that Zorba's tome would not heap to much dirt on the club that made him and fed him for the last forty or so years.

Jono said:
You dont have to be a footballer to acknowledge what Des has done for our club blind freddy can see this , I just cant believe how the board stuffed around with KPIs instead of extending his contract.

Hey Vidmar

Any luck with that copy of the Consitituion maybe its something that could be available to download from the Leagues Club Website

Does the FC board have any KPI's in place around utilising members funds to increase their shareholding in the MWSE entity ? I haven't seen much movement on that front for a while. Wasn't the idea that the team would eventually be bought back by the members ?

vidmar said:
he didn't like the way Matabele reminds him of Dr Sheldon Cooper and very rarely says anything positive about the club or the team?

When all else fails for Vidmar he resorts to personal abuse and name calling.

vidmar said:
He had an option to go now but is staying - if the spot was so untenable why is he not heading to Belmore today?

If it can be believed, it has been reported that it is because the board took legal advice about enforcing Hasler's contract. Personally I see it fitting in with all the comments made by Penn and Reilly prior to the GF.

"This column understands that the coach signed a piece of paper in a board meeting before June 30 that activated a clause in his contract, securing him to the club next season.

Manly has sought legal advice on whether that piece of paper is valid. The advice is it is rock solid."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/manly-sea-eagles-coach-des-hasler-remains-tight-lipped-about-his-future-but-jamie-lyon-lets-it-slip/story-e6freye0-1226154357528

ManlyBacker said:
vidmar said:

If it can be believed, it has been reported that it is because the board took legal advice about enforcing Hasler's contract. Personally I see it fitting in with all the comments made by Penn and Reilly prior to the GF.

"This column understands that the coach signed a piece of paper in a board meeting before June 30 that activated a clause in his contract, securing him to the club next season.

Manly has sought legal advice on whether that piece of paper is valid. The advice is it is rock solid."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/manly-sea-eagles-coach-des-hasler-remains-tight-lipped-about-his-future-but-jamie-lyon-lets-it-slip/story-e6freye0-1226154357528

June 30 was only 3 months ago, the only thing that changed since then was zorba being sacked, so did des decide to go because of zorba. And we are all quick to forget that the dismissal of zorba was poorly handled and reeked of political agenda.... Did Perry really tell the board it was him or zorba?

There would be no reason to go anywhere over Zorba. If that's the reason he's leaving, it's pretty soft. In my ill-informed view, it seems it's all about 'control'.

Cambo, the constitution you have is (I believe) the current one. I’ll see what can be done at the meeting tomorrow to make that more accessible for members.

The Truth – All my own work mate.
Read my autosignature if you question my motives or why I’m posting?

I have no financial or political motive in any of this apart from being a passionate supporter of the club.

If anything, this is all a massive headache to me as I have a fair bit of personal stuff that is taking up a lot of my time and energy and I really need to be putting first.

What is spurring me to write is that I am seeing lies being touted as truth about people I know and respect and I’m seeing a variety of parties being given a free reign on trashing our club by simply "making things up"!

The fact we won the Grand Final has upset some of the powers that be no end and they will be loving the fact that they can rubbish us and relish the negative media we are getting.

To see fans take the bait and turn in on each other and use their spin as basis to justify that is amazing and quite sad.

Again, I’m happy to speak to discuss or answer any questions any of you may have or, if you prefer put them to the board and get back with answers? PM me or contact me directly if you have my details?

What is disappointing is that despite me trying to help by posting facts on here the responses that seem to come back appear to relish and want to promote a divisive culture?

Mata, I’m glad the name calling got a response because when I post facts to refute some of your claims you go silent on me?

I'm not being dictated to on what I write and don't expect everyone to read what I post and agree instantly but what I would like is that you read what is written and have a think about it sensibly and then make your decision rather than rely on the one sided media reports?

As with The Truth – happy to chat to you or discuss your thoughts off-line?

Re Des - Contracts can be dissolved if both sides are happy to do so – If Des really wanted to leave do you honestly think the club would make him stay?

Much is being made of the KPI’s – can anyone tell me what they were? – have they seen them? If there were KPI’s which ones were Des not happy with? Which ones was/is he not meeting? Did they have a direct influence on him winning comps?

Again, media reports, gossip and presumption are taken as gospel.

I guess that not one of us on here will ever really have the full facts but to invent them or to use News Ltd as a source is (I suggest) probably not the most positive way to move forward or understand what is going on?

So Vidmar, despite reams of prose you're yet to adequately answer Wheel's question. Hasler fingers Reilly and his meddling as the chief reason for his departure. I would add that it was also well known that Reilly was instrumental in removing Mayer. Yet you're suggesting he's just misunderstood?

thats a good post vidmar.

but, the club has been largly silent on this, addressing the future whilst neglecting to talk about the past is what is upsetting to supporters.

whilst no one can say what the future holds, the fans are upset about the prospect of losing players due to des leaving and not of their own volition. We are also worried about the status of crusher and what he brings to the current playing roster aswell as future ones.

Perhaps most upsetting is the focus being taqken off our acheivements this year, by what seems to be a divisive and disfunctioning board. that being said, the press could be playing a part with the tack they are taking in regards to all this, but untill the board or the club release the facts, its kinda all the supporters have to go on. the club has the oopportunity to go on the offensive here, make a few re signings, a passionate press release, announcing toovey was a good first step.. but there are still so many more matters to be addressed.

Read back Andrew - I did answer Wheel's query (Just before the mention of you and Sheldon)

Where has Hasler actually "fingered" Reilly?

Show me an actual quote from Des to that effect?

Please don't send me a link to a media report quoting unnamed sources telling us that?

Gotta wonder where that is coming from and why?

I have to agree with Vidmar, there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Unless you’re in the inner sanctum of the board or sat in the meetings or contract negotiations, I doubt we will ever obtain any truth from the board members in what really took place.

I also doubt that they would ever allow this to happen. I would like for a meeting to be called for all football club members to meet with Hasler and the board and be able to pose our questions / concerns directly to them, then and only then would we obtain answers disputed between the board and Hasler. They may or may not be truthful but at least you can gauge for yourself what really went wrong.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8