Facebook Status on Club Site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So for all the people saying "we deserve this and that from the club", how did you feel back in the days before internet and all the other advances, did you feel disassociated from the club ?

Duff link said:
You say it like you're doing the club a favour by supporting them.

I say you're just doing your duty.

Pay your money, shut up & be thankful that you have a team.

Better still, go and support another "franchise" that will treat you like the Princess you obviously think you are.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
So for all the people saying \"we deserve this and that from the club\", how did you feel back in the days before internet and all the other advances, did you feel disassociated from the club ?

While I don't want to get involved in the Lowe bashing, this is like saying that it is ok to do things the way they were done in the past because they worked in the past.

There is a fair expectation that the club keep up with current tech, current media and current trends. Its not a matter of can we do with out them, of course we could, I could get my membership delivered by carrier pigeon but that would be failing to take advantage of all the great improvements in communication and convenience that have happened in that last so many years.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=186374.msg314360#msg314360 date=1296971768]

Better still, go and support another "franchise" that will treat you like the Princess you obviously think you are.
[/quote]

Your an idiot. Lets hope you never own your own business. Keep toking those cigarettes, drinking that rum, and wearing that flanny. Your going places.

Dear god can the football please start...we really need to be talking footy for a change....bring on March 12th....BTW whose coming...I'll be there!!

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186374.msg314361#msg314361 date=1296971842]
So for all the people saying \"we deserve this and that from the club\", how did you feel back in the days before internet and all the other advances, did you feel disassociated from the club ?

While I don't want to get involved in the Lowe bashing, this is like saying that it is ok to do things the way they were done in the past because they worked in the past.

There is a fair expectation that the club keep up with current tech, current media and current trends. Its not a matter of can we do with out them, of course we could, I could get my membership delivered by carrier pigeon but that would be failing to take advantage of all the great improvements in communication and convenience that have happened in that last so many years.
[/quote]

It is simply a question.

How did people feel more "involved" with the club when they started supporting it pre all this technology than they do now

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=186374.msg314362#msg314362 date=1296974473]

[/quote]

Your an idiot. Lets hope you never own your own business. Keep toking those cigarettes, drinking that rum, and wearing that flanny. Your going places.

[/quote]

Confused I am.

Am I the bogan or the Princess in this little interlude?
Or is C&C caliing the whingers Princesses & Ryan calling C&C the bogan.

Duff link said:

I love Manly,and have done so for 36 years.It's not my duty!!Have some kids,then come back and talk to me about "duty"!!I will always support the club,but,if they don't get money from the supporters,by various means (buying sponsors products,buying gear,ground entry,food,and beverages)there'll be no team.What's the problem with some interaction with the supporters-maybe some information!!We will never get a "billionaire" owner like the EPL teams,so the fans are where the $$ come from.BTW,if Manly folds,I will still have my "duty" to my daughter,and while I'd never support another NRL team,there's Swannies,EPL teams,Aussie footy teams,and any other number of sports that will take my $$$.Hell,I reckon I'm part owner of Peter Snowden's branch of Darley Racing!

It's nothing to do with your kids. People with kids always want to bring them into it. I have no intention of ever procreating so there's no use using that line on me.

If doing your bit for the team isn't your duty, who's duty is it?

I'm surprised you're old enough to have kids. I figured most of this attitude of thinking you're special & needing to be treated as such was coming from the Gen Y contingent.

I don't need to be thanked or recognised for going to games or being a member. It's just what you do if you're a supporter. I know they need money from supporters. I'm saying that the supporters should just hand it over.

Duff link said:
It's nothing to do with your kids. People with kids always want to bring them into it. I have no intention of ever procreating so there's no use using that line on me.

I'm surprised you're old enough to have kids. I figured most of this attitude of thinking you're special & needing to be treated as such was coming from the Gen Y contingent.

I don't need to be thanked or recognised for going to games or being a member. It's just what you do if you're a supporter. I know they need money from supporters. I'm saying that the supporters should just hand it over.

It's not the actual "kid' bit-it's the "there's life outside NFL teams for some people.If your bank isn't up to scratch,you go to another bank,or financial institution.If you don't move,you at least down scale your activity at that bank!

As far as "doing your bit for your team",and "duty" go,you're sounding a bit Nathan Jessup (a few good men)!

And,my friend,don't try to bring age and ability to procreate the species into it,it just shows you can't read the whole post.....support Manly 36 years......maybe that puts me at least 36 years old!

When you have other responsibilities,you just don't "hand it over"!You want something for your hard earned!I have my membership for the year,but part of the "handing it over" is,I believe,knowing what's going on with the team,selection,injuries,etc.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186374.msg314367#msg314367 date=1296978783]
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=186374.msg314362#msg314362 date=1296974473]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Confused I am.

Am I the bogan or the Princess in this little interlude?
Or is C&C caliing the whingers Princesses & Ryan calling C&C the bogan.

[/quote]

I was agreeing with you Duff, I'm over these fair weather fans who think that they are owed some sort of entitlement from the club to "sell" them the whole supporter experience.

Funny that Ryan calls me an idiot and he is the one who can't even spell. Priceless that he is weighing in to this debate and he is on his second "franchise" as a supporter already.

Sorry Duff, I just have a thing about people telling anyone else to go and support another club. It ****s me to tears. That related to you C&C. Debate the topic, but don't basically tell someone to "**** off".

We are all supporters here, who want the same thing.

Jeez. I love Manly but some of you really take everything very seriously don't you!!!!!  Anyway thank fark the first trial is on Friday, I might head down for it, need some footy!!!!!

Drizzt1 link said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

YOU'RE an idiot

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=186374.msg314377#msg314377 date=1296989117]

It's not the actual "kid' bit-it's the "there's life outside NFL teams for some people.If your bank isn't up to scratch,you go to another bank,or financial institution.If you don't move,you at least down scale your activity at that bank!

As far as "doing your bit for your team",and "duty" go,you're sounding a bit Nathan Jessup (a few good men)!

And,my friend,don't try to bring age and ability to procreate the species into it,it just shows you can't read the whole post.....support Manly 36 years......maybe that puts me at least 36 years old!

When you have other responsibilities,you just don't "hand it over"!You want something for your hard earned!I have my membership for the year,but part of the "handing it over" is,I believe,knowing what's going on with the team,selection,injuries,etc.
[/quote]

Point he was getting at are kids are a choice, same as having a big tv, or a new car is a choice. Everyone has their priorities but using the "if you had kids" line doesnt make you better, just means you chose a different path in life.

Duff makes choices too, he has an old couch, second hand tv and car thats more than 10 years old so he can afford to support the club and his choice of not procreating needs congratulating as anyone who has met him and seen his ugly head would agree with.

And needing to get something back for your hard earned is a gen Y attitude, a generation earlier people were happy giving to improve their community nowdays there is a huge increase in selfish spending.

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=ayjay007 link=topic=186374.msg314378#msg314378 date=1296989771]
[quote author=Duff link=topic=186374.msg314377#msg314377 date=1296989117]

[/quote]

Point he was getting at are kids are a choice, same as having a big tv, or a new car is a choice. Everyone has their priorities but using the "if you had kids" line doesnt make you better, just means you chose a different path in life.

Duff makes choices too, he has an old couch, second hand tv and car thats more than 10 years old so he can afford to support the club and his choice of not procreating needs congratulating as anyone who has met him and seen his ugly head would agree with.

And needing to get something back for your hard earned is a gen Y attitude, a generation earlier people were happy giving to improve their community nowdays there is a huge increase in selfish spending.
[/quote]

From what I've been told you only get a magazine as a member of the AFL teams

I've seen uglier heads than Duffs Fluffster.  And it's the instant gratification generation.  'I've put some money in, now I want everything immediately'.  Ayjay, handing over the money means you support a team.  That's it.  The team survives on your monetary input, along with everyone elses.  You get to see your team performing.  You don't just go along to see a team play, it's YOUR team out there doing battle.  Anything extra is a bonus.  I personally don't want to read twitter or any mumblings from the inner circle.  I just want a competitive team.  You can read about injuries and other such crap in Tuesdays and Fridays Telecrap.  The club will never put stuff they want to keep to themselves (potential injuries etc) out there on the internet for your benefit or anyone elses.  That makes sense to me.  The only thing I want to read about is that we have a sponsor.      

I have read enough of these threads to know that there is a level of discontent with the club from some of it's fan base. I suspect that many people are suffering a general malaise about the uncertainty of the future.

That uncertainty has been cause by a combination of the state of Brookie, whispers of financial trouble, the boardroom fighting, the Brett Stewart case, 2 years of under performing to expectations, no major sponsor etc etc.

The Club is probably suffering a similar general malaise for all of the above reasons, but I suspect a confusion abut how we can get 70,000+ fans to a GF in 2008 and only convert about 5,000 to memberships.

The reality is that this is a 2 way street and as a fan I intend to honour my side of that bargain by being a club member, buying merchandise from the club, encouraging others to do the same & attending as many games & club functions as I can.

The truth is that the Northern Beaches has changed. When I grew up there in the 60's & 70's it was a typical Anglo Saxon community that surfed in summer and played footy in winter. That demographic has changed with a particularly strong growth in Asian residents who seem to have no interest in Rugby League. The club needs to engage the local community or seek a new home.

It all spells uncertainty. The club needs our positive support and assistance where possible, now more than ever.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6