Fainu and Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He doesn’t watch other games. Interesting for a self designated expert. How he decides Fainus status in the pantheon of hookers when he doesn’t watch his peers is so ridiculous it beggars belief.

Yep. It would be very interesting to see our friend apprise the rugby league punters of his insightful thoughts on the game face to face over a beer at the local pub Me thinks he may have to adjust his presentation style or face a long and painful stint on the coaching sidelines.Although then again with his personality you would have to be a black belt in something to still be walking around.

“ I would be more than happy to go over old video over the Christmas break to find a cheaper option” lol.

Will you do it for free or should we all chip in for your effort?

You just have to shake your head and move on really.It is just simply staggering.
I have a more rounded lifestyle these days compared to 15yrs ago Sue.

And you watch many games and get it wrong on many players and aspects of the game, it's what you know, not how often you watch as you get experienced.

Fainu is up to my standard but not at overs.

Some of Api's injuries have been unlucky also.

I would keep both players but keep Api ahead of Fainu and find another young supporting dummy half on the cheap in a supporting role.

What Manly could be thinking is Fainu will have less impact on the cap in the short to medium term compared to Api and find a strong young defensive workman like hooker to compliment Fainu on the cheap.

If Fainu doesn't improve to the next pay scale in a few years they can renew Fainu as a steady 40min hooker around the same price relatively speaking and hopefully upgrade the new hooker.(this keeps consistency for a few years)

With Api you know you get high intensity and energy in defence, nippy in attack with leadership by actions, but you might find it hard to attract some of the better young hookers in the game as presently Api would be on a lot more than Fainu now and in the near future.

I don't have the time to watch other games so don't have a list of players in mind, but i do know when i see it in a player. (If i have the time during the Christmas break would be more than happy to watch over lower grade video to find a cheap option)
I am not sure you even watch Manly games

Yes he can add new elements to the role like engaging the markers in a different way to Cam Smith by actually offloading during the tackle and not just engaging and passing.

But once again everyone keeps focusing on his attacking elements which is only half the job.

I don't find Fainu's running game any more exciting than most young hookers that come through the ranks these days, glides around with grace and some footwork, nice offloads in tackles done skillfully and with intelligence.

Once again as i said he can have all the attack but if his defence is average he will only ever flourish behind a team that dominates possession and has punch, i don't see him digging in when things are not going well or offer leadership through defence.
You can sure write a good response to most comments here, however other than posting here I, telling everyone you know what youare talking about, I don't think you have ever played nor know what you are talking about.

You can sure write a good response to most comments here, however other than posting here I, telling everyone you know what youare talking about, I don't think you have ever played nor know what you are talking about.
And if i played the game how does this change right from wrong in your eyes other than you respecting my views more?

If you head along this path that will then lead you to "Oh i bet you didn't play at NRL level", "Oh i bet you didn't even play at reserve grade", "Oh i bet you didn't even make it at school boy level", "Did you even play at high-school level".

You risk just basing your opinions purely on the accomplishments of players in the past, yes it gives more weight to ones opinions but doesn't necessarily make them right.

The best players tend to make the worst coaches and analysis types because they didn't understand what made them great it just came naturally.(not always but more often than not)

Look ive been a big Api fan over the years, but there's no doubt Fainu has now overtaken him as no.1 hooker in the club.
Sure Api is more physical in defence, thats probably his strength, but if you had to choose one the winner is clear.
If you want to talk about intensity or effort, did you see who was there to cover the kick and save a match winning try in extra time last weekend? Screenshot below for reference (yes its Fainu, after playing 85 mins straight).

upload_2019-8-4_20-14-9.png

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8