Fainu Bros sign with Tigers.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Respectfully, the two sides to the story thing is limited. Even Latu's and Sammy's side will be slightly different. Then there's Tony's side, Seib's side. Tartak's side, Fulton's side.

I'm assuming you're none of those people, are you a sponsor? Tartak's gardener? Seib's wife?

Whoever feeds you the information clearly has their own agenda. Always.

Thanks for your perspective though Maxta!
your 100% right about 1 thing - there's always going to be different angles from various ppl, but that doesn't change the facts stated as are 100% accurate.
And thank f**k I'm not Siebs dog, wife, or Siebs goldfish....but I don't mind what you say, as it's also true that there are various views on the same situation depending where it comes from

It’s always about the money. The rest of the what, when and why are really irrelevant. The amount the Tigers are paying is the key indicator here. Yes they have potential but the Tigers have taken a huge gamble when they find themselves in desperate times. I’m sorry they have left but at 1 million a season for both of them that is crazy money at this early stage of their careers.

All I can say is that the Fainu family carnival at MWSE is finally over. With the Fainus leaving the reality is that Tartak has lost his main bargaining chips in shaping Manlys future.

ts up to Mestrov now to make sure the Moses carnival is only allowed to have limited impact on the future operations of the MWSE football club.

Maybe from here on we can start to have a M-W Juniors’ Carnival. You know, unearthing the next big thing from the Narrabeen Sharks, Belrose Eagles, Narraweena Hawks, et al. Then watching them playing and staying with Manly and not winding up at Parramatta, the Roosters, C-B, etc.

The fact that Matt Preston wasn’t retained is a big failure. But the biggest failure was forcing Gutherson out.

Inexcusable.

I'm very disappointed with the outcome to be honest. We get rubbish from the Tigers and other clubs whilst we let go of our future. We are so off from a premiership window. I'd rather rebuild properly relying on our youth than investing in overrated nomads.
Trouble is Spartan, kids these days have no real loyalty, look how much we supported the Fainu family. Paid Manase for 3yrs while stood down, 900k 3yr deal for Latu at 16, Samuela was looking good for a 2nd row spot as well. Why weren't these players banging on the rooftops saying to their managers we wont to stay..?

Maybe from here on we can start to have a M-W Juniors’ Carnival. You know, unearthing the next big thing from the Narrabeen Sharks, Belrose Eagles, Narraweena Hawks, et al. Then watching them playing and staying with Manly and not winding up at Parramatta, the Roosters, C-B, etc.

The fact that Matt Preston wasn’t retained is a big failure. But the biggest failure was forcing Gutherson out.

Inexcusable.
They are Terry,they have focused on the local juniors highlighting their matches against others(the U16 etc...)
There is a good crop coming through next year in the Matthews.
I think they appointed Orford to be the coach/overseer of it all

Inexcusable.
Agreed. Good luck to the Fainu's and the family. Time for us to also move on here.

It’s always about the money.
Money's always part of the equation at least.
Piecing together various strands and reports also posts from the likes of Maxta and Alex I assume this scenario...

Latu who is barely 18 is already on a sizeable deal and is in our 30 but no real prospect of making NRL for at least 12 months ... Manly weighed up DCE Schu and Latu and decided it's simply not viable to keep them all with Latu not even NRL ready for quite a while.. in addition, some murmerings that Fainus or family a tad disgruntled at level of Manly's support for Manase... these factors lead to the club deciding to let Latu go and free up the salary cap a bit.

Samuela (who I reckon has actually shown excellent attitude and promise in his short stints in NRL) is collateral damage, the club knows he would likely want to stay with brother, fair enough too, and despite his obvious promise the decision is its better to let them both go rather than keep Latu on.

We're always rightly sceptical when journos claim to know the value of player deals, but if what's reported is even remotely close to fact, I can't knock the club's decision. So good luck boys, hope you go well, you can set up your family for life no risk.

Interesting that the Tigers think they have them for four years. When and if Latu breaks into NRL and say he has a breakout year. The manager will agitate for an upgrade or there will be a clause in the contract linked to a coach or recruitment guy, then the circus will start all over again. That is unless they do not reach potential and are cut loose by the Tigers to fix a cap issue.

Money's always part of the equation at least.
Piecing together various strands and reports also posts from the likes of Maxta and Alex I assume this scenario...

Latu who is barely 18 is already on a sizeable deal and is in our 30 but no real prospect of making NRL for at least 12 months ... Manly weighed up DCE Schu and Latu and decided it's simply not viable to keep them all with Latu not even NRL ready for quite a while.. in addition, some murmerings that Fainus or family a tad disgruntled at level of Manly's support for Manase... these factors lead to the club deciding to let Latu go and free up the salary cap a bit.

Samuela (who I reckon has actually shown excellent attitude and promise in his short stints in NRL) is collateral damage, the club knows he would likely want to stay with brother, fair enough too, and despite his obvious promise the decision is its better to let them both go rather than keep Latu on.

We're always rightly sceptical when journos claim to know the value of player deals, but if what's reported is even remotely close to fact, I can't knock the club's decision. So good luck boys, hope you go well, you can set up your family for life no risk.
Every single post is just a summation ,but you’ve collated them together and probably very close to the mark.

I think it’s time we as fans move on , they’ve gone , they’ll play no part in our future , and are back where they come from anyway.

We can argue about it until the cows come in for milking , but it’ll make diddly squat to what has happened.

Interesting that the Tigers think they have them for four years. When and if Latu breaks into NRL and say he has a breakout year. The manager will agitate for an upgrade or there will be a clause in the contract linked to a coach or recruitment guy, then the circus will start all over again. That is unless they do not reach potential and are cut loose by the Tigers to fix a cap issue.
As Ive been saying ( and had a lot of detractors ) , it’s always , all about the $$$$

The heart string stuff is just a side issue

your 100% right about 1 thing - there's always going to be different angles from various ppl, but that doesn't change the facts stated as are 100% accurate.
And thank f**k I'm not Siebs dog, wife, or Siebs goldfish....but I don't mind what you say, as it's also true that there are various views on the same situation depending where it comes from
Damn it Maxta, if you were really Seibs goldfish, we might have stood a better chance of luring a bigger fish to our struggling team.

We
Trouble is Spartan, kids these days have no real loyalty, look how much we supported the Fainu family. Paid Manase for 3yrs while stood down, 900k 3yr deal for Latu at 16, Samuela was looking good for a 2nd row spot as well. Why weren't these players banging on the rooftops saying to their managers we wont to stay..?
The game has changed -
*No loyalty
*All about $$$ (and good luck to them if they can get this type of stupid money at such a young age and even if they become future superstars one day - based on history maybe one of the 6 released recently may make it ! )
*Managers praying on young minds
*How can you justify paying such money for non - proven NRL players
*The way I see it we have $1 m to spend on 4 REAL super stars over next 4 years ( if this doesn’t happen then you must really start asking questions !!! )
*The Schuster situation currently does not look good and is a sign of what can happen when you pay overs - I hope he can change it around ????
*Next step is to get rid of this ridiculous Blacktown association ( has achieved fuk all!)
*Mestrov came into a total mess and I applaud him for the job he is doing in cleaning up up the joke previous management left. Our position on the table can’t change until the back office is totally repaired.

Every single post is just a summation ,but you’ve collated them together and probably very close to the mark.

I think it’s time we as fans move on , they’ve gone , they’ll play no part in our future , and are back where they come from anyway.

We can argue about it until the cows come in for milking , but it’ll make diddly squat to what has happened.
I dunno Mark, "and are back where they came from"..ain't that true !! recruiting players from the western suburbs has left a sour taste in my mouth, from now on I'll view any future signings from the west with suspicion and trepidation.

I dunno Mark, "and are back where they came from"..ain't that true !! recruiting players from the western suburbs has left a sour taste in my mouth, from now on I'll view any future signings from the west with suspicion and trepidation.
Yes I’d like to see that experiment over were as well , it seems most of the issues we’ve had ( not all) over the last few years have come directly from that methodology.

I see your point. These kids are most likely looking out for what's best for their family. But the fact remains Manly released them when they were still had been contracted for another year. Is that correct?

Would have been interesting if Manly had not signed Brooks in relation of trying or wishing to keep Latu. But then the way things were going in regard to Shu "s form and Latu not really ready for a permanent gig for a while , probably just as well .
Also would have been mildly interesting to be aware of the Dolphin "s offer or proposal to both him and Samual .
Looks like a combination of circumstances with them finally leaving but pretty sure that Latu still had a couple of more seasons on his Manly deal . Samual was off contract to my understanding .
Salary cap increasing but 500 k per player for 4 seasons , overs on any realistic measure or certainly on balance even if Latu can get to a favorable level in a couple of seasons or so . Samual can go reasonably well now but doubt a lot better.
Just do or can not have the overall ideal world with professional sport in general . Sure that the 2 lads and their family have some level of appreciation to Manly but so many other variables have come into play now .
Still have a sense that Latu can develop into a pretty fair player in the longer term , . Manly has made their call with a certain direction and of course hope that it can get the desired results . Only natural for any club to try or prefer to hang onto promising juniors until there is more of an indication of their true value [ well in Latu "s case ] but not to be so the caravan moves on [ hopefully not at circus level yet or coming ]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10