Fainu Bros sign with Tigers.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yes I’d like to see that experiment over were as well , it seems most of the issues we’ve had ( not all) over the last few years have come directly from that methodology.
I agree the Blacktown arrangement seems to be failing and the Club needs a rethink and a greater focus on trying to get jnr footy thriving again in the local districts. But I think it's important not to sound like "the western suburbs" is some kind of den of iniquity. It just sounds a bit like we're sending the Fainus "back to where they came from". And I'm probably just being a tad overly sensitive coz I spent my first 30 years as a "westie". But it's fair to say that I've experienced my fair share of drop kicks in the following 30 plus years, living on the north shore.

Having said that, I do love where I live and being close to Brookie and hope the Club can assist with pulling the jnr footy comp out of the current malaise it finds itself.

Anyway, sometimes it's hard to take the west out of the boy as they say. :)

I see your point. These kids are most likely looking out for what's best for their family. But the fact remains Manly released them when they were still had been contracted for another year. Is that correct?
Manly gave them permission to talk to other Clubs IF they wanted to leave. If they stayed, would of been on less money to what other clubs were offering. But they could of stayed tho.

Can somebody please explain to me the logic behind Manly's decision to cast these kids free -- and their brother earlier to the Tugers -- and recruit Double T and Brookes?
Just a simple rationale.
Thanks, signed, a confused Sea Eagle.
Hopefully there's someone smarter than us trying to re-shape our culture. Getting away from star juniors and flashy players with poor attitudes and going back to guys who have something to prove.

Damn it Maxta, if you were really Seibs goldfish, we might have stood a better chance of luring a bigger fish to our struggling team.
I'm prepared to splash around in his luxury sized pool like an oversized goldfish to make it happen mate @;)

I agree the Blacktown arrangement seems to be failing and the Club needs a rethink and a greater focus on trying to get jnr footy thriving again in the local districts. But I think it's important not to sound like "the western suburbs" is some kind of den of iniquity. It just sounds a bit like we're sending the Fainus "back to where they came from". And I'm probably just being a tad overly sensitive coz I spent my first 30 years as a "westie". But it's fair to say that I've experienced my fair share of drop kicks in the following 30 plus years, living on the north shore.

Having said that, I do love where I live and being close to Brookie and hope the Club can assist with pulling the jnr footy comp out of the current malaise it finds itself.

Anyway, sometimes it's hard to take the west out of the boy as they say. :)
Still think that the Blacktown connection has some advantages , Not a lot of alternatives , Central Coast is a more natural fit but out of range for some time now .
In any case Oloaka - atu, Shu ,[ still ] Paseka , Saab , Paseka will do me as real good value Westie acquisitions anytime . More approving your post with your still sense of pride with your origins

Hopefully there's someone smarter than us trying to re-shape our culture. Getting away from star juniors and flashy players with poor attitudes and going back to guys who have something to prove.
Here’s hoping…..because it’s badly needed

Still think that the Blacktown connection has some advantages , Not a lot of alternatives , Central Coast is a more natural fit but out of range for some time now .
In any case Oloaka - atu, Shu ,[ still ] Paseka , Saab , Paseka will do me as real good value Westie acquisitions anytime . More approving your post with your still sense of pride with your origins
Forgot Koula , gee just about most of the best talent in the club

2 sides to a story
The boys wanted to stay at Manly and definitely appreciated support in dark times from the club.
Very unhappy and confused by many things, footy related with requests to hit unrealistic playing weights in unrealistic time and told were not in immediate plans moving forward, which is what is expected with the Brooks signing - instant results.
Then there was Samuela getting dropped back to NSW cup when he was 1 of the only decent forwards in a badly beaten team, which seemed strange...and was.
They felt very unwanted and were offered to other clubs.
They wanted to stay, but this would make any normal person in any job feel forced to look elsewhere.
It was not a money thing....they did not go test the market, they were told to....they were Sold out to help build an overnight winning roster and hopefully we do improve to a contender overnight....also there will be at 1 more "good" signing yet for 2024.
Money is often the catalyst of the problem, but this situation involves far more than that and I wish the Fainu boys all the best for the future....
Hey Maxta do you have any idea what type of "good" signing it might be?

Forgot Koula , gee just about most of the best talent in the club
Yes, to imply we need to stop targeting talent from the Western Suburbs is just plain stupid. Penrith are on the cusp of becoming the greatest football side in the modern era. And they will have done so while leaking a huge amount of players over the last four years.

We need to be smarter.

Seibold needs instant results because if he doesn't make top 4 or even top 8 next year he will be gone

No time for developing players slowly by a coach under huge pressure to perform especially after our results so far this year and his last wooden spoon at the broncos

Crazy crazy money the Tigers have paid these kids, pretty against no other real competitors from all reports as the Dolphins pulled the pin.

I presume the Tigpie forums will he having similar " discussions" about cap management as weve had surrounding Shoe etc

Tigers fans on Twitter see this as a huge win for them and a huge loss for us.

A lot of them want them to atart immediately and they will give us Talau.

The downward spiral bus has well and truly started.

To be fair we should do the swap and get Talau in early and let the lads go early.

Overall, I'm dissapointed, I'm confident the two lads will be fantastic first graders, but nothing is certain. From reports we would have been paying the two 800k next year and I can understand that is too higher risk for the club.

The Tigers now a mil, perhaps a risk worth taking in their position.

I wish them no ill will and hope they both kick on. If they do we will all be here bemoaning it in 5 years but as it stand I think I have to stick with the club in this one

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10