Faith in Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you are not sure how tough it is playing in the heat and the middle of the field where you have big bodies running at you all day Let me remind you on what condition Parker left the field

You are not sure if Walker is effective and Parker is ?
I say we will agree to disagree and take care and God Speed to you feathered friend

I didn't say anything about how tough it is. I said there's no point comparing Walker in the middle of the pitch vs Parker in the centres. You need to compare Parker/Walker in the centres.

I also said I'm not sure how Walker in his current role coming off the bench in the middle of the pitch is against stronger teams. He rips the weaker teams apart but isn't as effective against the stronger teams. I didn't mention anything about Parker's effectiveness?

I didn't say anything about how tough it is. I said there's no point comparing Walker in the middle of the pitch vs Parker in the centres. You need to compare Parker/Walker in the centres.

I also said I'm not sure how Walker in his current role coming off the bench in the middle of the pitch is against stronger teams. He rips the weaker teams apart but isn't as effective against the stronger teams. I didn't mention anything about Parker's effectiveness?
Thats fine feathered friend . It is how we perceive texts and we all perceive them differently some times.

Comparing Walkers skill set and speed as a back in the centres with Parkers is trying to compare a corolla with a Torana.

At the moment Des is using Walker as an X factor utility and it is working for the team .

I was thinking (when watching the game) - "It kinda looks like Harper covers for Saab a fair bit!"

I also hope in the off season harper puts on 10kgs of muscle...all in the shoulders!

Yeah .. I agree Harper does cover for him ... I think they all get a bit nervous when the attack is coming towards him ... that Harper just continues to impress me ...

Going to state an unpopular opinion.

If Fainu is somehow back in the next few weeks I would have him in the 14 instead of Dylan

Dylan is definitely not as fast as he was (not sure if through injury or extra weight, or both), and accounted for 4 of our teams 13 missed tackles (according to nrl.com) - Which is not an isolated statistic.

He has been good when we are running downhill against teams we score 50 points against, but I'm less convinced of his effectiveness when we are playing teams where we have to scrap out a win.

Have been a big critic of Walker for a long time, as he spends to much time injured, suspended or at the Cop Shop. But last night he lived up to his pay packet, and showed everyone what he can do, he's not baiting opposition players anymore a la Chambers, and is the better for it.

Have been a big critic of Walker for a long time, as he spends to much time injured, suspended or at the Cop Shop. But last night he lived up to his pay packet, and showed everyone what he can do, he's not baiting opposition players anymore a la Chambers, and is the better for it.
His best game in an age.

More chance Walker making a go at 5/8 than Schuster. Schuster will always struggle with weight and sharpness, his size, strength and playing through the line is great for the slow play the ball set defensive line era but not going to take enough advantage of space in the fast modern game.

Aim for a Fittler like ball playing lock role and there will be enough instances of playing like a 5/8 anyway at times without overly starving himself.

He doesn't have the body type that will keep weight off easily----never has never will unless he is crazy disciplined beyond belief.

Walker was doing well at 5/8 in our previous finals appearance year and early the following season, just his off field crap and injuries have curtailed his development.

To me potentially there is a nice overlap of a few years of Foran(if his body holds up) than a few years of Dylan at 5/8.

DCE as much as he has many flaws i feel will have his best years from now to mid 30's. Good with injuries and i think as he slows down he will play a little more composed and thoughtful.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8