Fan arrested, released without charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Hopefully some good will come of it, like a re-working of the tunnel/players’ race and the players’ bench area, keeping fools like that dill and his ilk well away.

Not the sort of thing you want happening when Channel 9 ramps up the ‘get rid of a Sydney team’ rhetoric.

My question is.What was the security guard doing to let it get this far. Maybe its time for the club to invest in a new security company
What?
Brookie has a couple dozen Security men already.

This was nothing but a juiced up Fan sticking his phone through the gap between the Dugout and the movable tunnel cage.

If Chambers continues up the tunnel as he was meant to do, nothing would have occurred :cool:

#MediaBeatUp

that'd be great.. every finals game could be a 'magic round'. Manly are at home tonight, it's 'magic round'.

Yep.

Also not hard to imagine a spiel from NRL threatening to move the final from Brookvale if "player safety cannot be guaranteed", or words to that effect.

And so it has unfolded.

Greenberg is revolting. No such warnings for Parramatta for the four pitch invasions this year.

There is not a single ground in the NRL where a player couldn't be assaulted by a crowd member. Anything to relocate us.

Think after that article we are very unlikey to get permission from the nrl to host a final at brookvale.

Idea: i could live with taking our game to Gosford, promoting the nrl and and the best alternative than playing at the scg or anz stadium.

This wont happen though, can see us being forced to play at the scg worse viewing ground ever for nrl.

My take is slightly different ... it's now clear we need an immediate cash grant to assist in maintaining the players safety ... by building a players tunnel like every other ground?
Shark Park is even more dangerous
images

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/gr...final-over-poor-security-20190901-p52msn.html

Greenberg threatens to strip Manly of home final over poor security

The NRL has threatened to strip Lottoland of finals hosting rights unless Manly address security concerns after a Sea Eagles fan lashed out at Melbourne's Will Chambers.

The NRL integrity unit has launched an investigation after the ugly incident marred the Storm's 36-6 win over the Sea Eagles at the northern beaches suburban venue on Saturday night.

The incident highlighted the shortcomings at the ground as a fan wearing a Manly jersey attempted to reach through the players' tunnel to lash out at Chambers as the Storm centre left the field after being sin-binned.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said that unless improvements were made to the venue in the next two weeks, the Sea Eagles would not be allowed to host a finals game at their spiritual home.

"The behaviour we saw from a fan last night was completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated in our game," Greenberg said.
"I have asked the integrity unit to work with Manly and NSW Police so we can ensure the individual is dealt with in an appropriate fashion that meets community expectations.

"We have advised Manly that changes to the Lottoland ground must be made in order for the venue to meet the standard required to host an NRL final."

Usually the players' race from the Lottoland field to the dressing sheds is covered by a perspex tunnel.

However, the fan poked his arm through a gap before being restrained by officials and police.

Since 2010, the NRL has forced Sydney clubs to move finals fixtures to larger stadiums to accommodate bigger crowds.

But the knock-down of Allianz Stadium has prompted the NRL to relax the rules and week one finals will be able to be hosted at smaller suburban grounds provided they meet certain criteria.

The Brookvale venue has long been criticised for its outdated facilities and earlier in the year the club announced a $36 million upgrade plan which included a new grandstand and centre of excellence.

But the NRL has put immediate pressure on the Northern Beaches Council to make improvements.

Melbourne CEO Dave Donaghy told AAP that he supported suburban grounds but they needed to be up to scratch.

"I'm sure logistically and practically it's challenging," Donaghy said.

"It's a wonderful ground with a lot of nostalgia and romanticism attached to it. If we want to keep playing games at suburban grounds we have to make sure governments at all levels are investing in them to keep them up to a certain standard.

"That includes players' wellbeing put at the forefront."

Last edited:
Well, make the improvements and everything will be sweet. No good complaining about other grounds, and other invasions, and the fact chambers wasn't even touched; Manly just have to either finish top four or increase the security measures (both will do nicely, thanks).

If we haven't learnt by now that Todd has a deep, deep hatred of Manly and will do everything from 'changing the definition of a widely used English word' to trump up salary breaches, imposing lenient sentences on favoured teams, to hyper-exaggerating Lottoland's deficiencies, then we're a bit slow on the uptake.

Lol, remember when there was some time clock issue a few years ago and he whined and whined and said how bad it was for brookvale to have that issue, then a week later one of the big stadiums had a time keeping problem? Got brushed so quickly under the carpet the burns are still there on his knees.

By all means, rant and rave about the corrupt and largely incompetent cheat on here, but hopefully Manly and the council just get what Adolf wants done and we'll be fine.

edit: I'm not sure if todd's improvements will be mandatory across the board. If HappilyManly's image of shark park is correct, and they are in line to host a final, then it could be argued that they need a perspex tunnel asap as well.

That said, just get the changes in place. It's unfair, it's biased, it's Todd's MO against Manly.

Last edited:
What?
Brookie has a couple dozen Security men already.

This was nothing but a juiced up Fan sticking his phone through the gap between the Dugout and the movable tunnel cage.
The fan shouldn't have been able to stick his arm/phone through that gap when he was right next to the guy with 'Security' on his back. Yes Brookie has plenty of Security men already but are useless if they don't do their job properly.

I can't believe this happened, knowing they're normally so security-conscious with that sliding tunnel cage. It shouldn't have been open when Chambers went up the tunnel.

I'm with you @master blaster, its time for a new security company. Unfortunately this has cost us a Brookie finals game, thanks to one juiced up fan and slack security.

The fan shouldn't have been able to stick his arm/phone through that gap when he was right next to the guy with 'Security' on his back. Yes Brookie has plenty of Security men already but are useless if they don't do their job properly.

I can't believe this happened, knowing they're normally so security-conscious with that sliding tunnel cage. It shouldn't have been open when Chambers went up the tunnel.

I'm with you @master blaster, its time for a new security company. Unfortunately this has cost us a Brookie finals game, thanks to one juiced up fan and slack security.
The fence was closed, but there is a gap between its end and the back of the dugout enough for a hand to poke through.

The Manly Security pushed it open to grab the Fan when Chambers turned and walked back @:cool:

The whole incident was avoidable by all 3 parties not overreacting to each other

14,639 Fans were well behaved :inlove:

Shark Park is even more dangerous
images

Have to agree. I’ve seen that bloke with the 9 on his back commit ghastly criminal acts - including trying to decapitate people, rip their arms off, repeatedly striking them in the head with his elbow, and chokehold them into unconsciousness. The Sharks should be fined for letting this dangerous psychopath anywhere near the players and in the shot here he is just a metre away from some innocent fans, which is totally unacceptable.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11