Fensom and Vaughan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You know who else was good in 2011? Tony Williams. Can say the same about 2011/2012 Snake.

We have a good enough prop rotation with Marty, Darcy, Myles, Vave, AFB, and next year hopefully Knight and Meehan getting a run too.

Why weaken one position to make room for Fensom, who offers nothing in attack. Doesn't break tackles, doesn't offload, all he does it plods it up and makes less metres after contact than Starling.

You know who else was good in 2011? Tony Williams. Can say the same about 2011/2012 Snake.

We have a good enough prop rotation with Marty, Darcy, Myles, Vave, AFB, and next year hopefully Knight and Meehan getting a run too.

Why weaken one position to make room for Fensom, who offers nothing in attack. Doesn't break tackles, doesn't offload, all he does it plods it up and makes less metres after contact than Starling.

Brett Stewart will be 32 (and injury plagued) next year so I don't think that compares. Fensom is still young enough to play his best football his form or consistency has never been questioned unlike Williams. I don't see it as weakening the Lock position having him there. He has a lot more than plodding to his game. He is a great support player and has a good offload you have obviously never watched him to say he doesn't. He isn't going to make massive meters but that's where Jake can step up.

Marty is better off the bench, Myles has had it, Vave is gone. You cant go into a season relying on Meehan a loose cannon and Knight not far behind.

Elijah Taylor is so unbalanced when he passes from left to right that he actually tackle himself off the ball. He ends up plonking himself on the ground sideways. I was trying to work out the negatives of this and suggest that he can't fool the defence with a dummy and can't really back up but maybe it just looks so awkward. I think Moses is the catalyst behind the tigers run and I don't think Taylor played against the cows. Probably if Sam Burgess wasn't back at the bunnies we would be saying that they wouldn't be so crap if Sam was back with his leadership , metres etc. I think Penrith have some huge Boppers with better skills than Taylor and he would be in reserves at the Pennies. I think he is doing well at the Tigers but I'm just not convinced that he is top shelf. I think Fensons type are almost extinct . When we play against some teams I relax when certain players get the ball because I am almost certain there is no danger. Tolman and Fenson fit this bill and maybe that's why Curtis Sironen is in the reserves , nothing was happening around him.

Taylor played but got hurt. I'm not saying he is the major catalyst of the Tigers playing well, but he helped tightening up their middle in defence and added a pass to the halves in his arsenal that has helped out Moses. I'm not saying Fensom would win us a grand final but he could add some steel to our defence and would be a lot better signing than most.

Fensom : where would we play him ?
Too slow for an edge player & at lock he doesn't provide the impact of a 13 : who these days plays the roll of a 3rd front rower ( Jake does this ) all number 13's these day play a different roll to the old style of playing. Good defender , but guilty of the tackle that leads to a tries are from his miss only misses.Thats why the Raiders can't find a place for him.

Even though he has a high work rate but I still say no to Fensom. Just not the player we require at the moment. We really need a damaging hole runner.

Fensom no. Vaughan maybe but not starting, he is an impact forward. We need backrowers not props. Gillett would be ideal or Jackson, but we will probably wait until 2017 to buy a backrower.

If our recruitment team had any sense we'd recruit some of those players from the winning Women's Rugby 7 team. They look a lot faster and more skillful than our backline.

Need another real quality back rower to go with Buhrer and Jake.
I would be offering big money for Jackson or Gillette. Origin type back rowers.

Picking up another front rower like Vaughn or Asofa from storm would be very handy. Manly wil go after a quality centre for 2018 when skivy retires.

Picking up another front rower like Vaughn or Asofa from storm would be very handy. Manly wil go after a quality centre for 2018 when skivy retires.
Agree we need a quality rep backrower to go with Jake and Jamie. We need a good running backrower we have a workhorse with offloading capabilities in Jake and Jamie is a ball playing backrower who hits holes. We need a Taumalolo type backrower who just makes metres. Also Skivvi I don't think we will have him next year and I hope we don't, he is a liability he misses most games through injury we need fast players and Skivvi doesn't cut anymore.

What about Liam Knight or Jamil Hopoate?
It seems to me that we need another quality centre more than any other position.

Signing Fensom as our lock would free up Jake to be our James Graham (60 minute per game prop and captain).

No, we need Gillett or Nelson Asofa Solomona, preferably both. No need getting a lock in Fensom and Vaughan is good but not better then Gillett or Solomona.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4