FFS, Another Monday game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182868.msg257531#msg257531 date=1269928869]
Fine by me.

so you like seeing the club go broke with these lame decisions
[/quote]  The club ought to be more robust IMO.  It does however justify the fee I pay for the privilege of ensuring I get to watch NRL when I wish to.  The whole free to air debate panders to tight arses who should just stump up the $15pw it requires to get a decent service.  I'd like to see all the games on Pay TV as then we'd have choice, and lots of it.

URGH I have uni on Monday nights.. toooootally going to fail because of manly  :( plus its annoyiiiiiiiiiiiing having to worry about work early the next day.. Grrrrr

I agree Nita, it's annoying  My daughter wouldn't have bought her yearly ticket if the draw had of been set for the year.  She also goes to Uni on Monday nights, so a couple of home game tickets are worthless. 

Is it true that Fox picking Monday night is the second best pick, after 9 does Friday night games?

We must be the new Canberra or something.  Does anyone know of other teams copping so many Monday games in previous years, especially in the first 10 weeks?!

DSM5 link said:
I agree Nita, it's annoying  My daughter wouldn't have bought her yearly ticket if the draw had of been set for the year.  She also goes to Uni on Monday nights, so a couple of home game tickets are worthless. 
  They're at uni and actually turn up?  I was more likely found on the beach than the lecture room.  That was left to the Asian students.

Matas, these days they all turn up.  I think my daughter is the only anglo enrolled at the place. 

What's the world coming to - Uni is supposed to be a 3 year holiday as a pathway to a doubled salary for a lifetime.

Dont need to attend uni.  I rarely attended lectures but if I had to attend a certain number of tuts I would always try and get marked off the role then sneak out. 

DSM5 link said:

Lucky it's an economics subject, so it's easy.. was being a bit dramatic about failing. Garts I may need you to do my assignments when I have an accounting subject on Mondays next semester..!  :p

Still uber annoying though.. I'm definately going to miss at least one game because of an exam I can't miss..

But yeah, i'm in the same boat as your daughter.. I bought Jane Try stand season tickets - It's annoying that a few games will go to waste on my brothers friend and not me  :mad:

Matabele link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=182868.msg257567#msg257567 date=1269941558]
$40000 is 1600 people through the turnstyles paying $25 each, if my maths is correct.  The 40K looks like paltry compensation.   
And that's before you start to look at merchandise, food and grog etc.
[/quote]

I would say that food and grog are probably out-sourced with the bidding holder taking the profit from that. If i am wrong please let me know. Would the club take a % of sales ? Maybe?

Is there any merchandising at Brookie, last time i was there, nothing ? I will admit it has been a few years, much nicer coming back to Oz from a Japanese winter.

TokyoEagle link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182868.msg257570#msg257570 date=1269942321]
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=182868.msg257567#msg257567 date=1269941558]
$40000 is 1600 people through the turnstyles paying $25 each, if my maths is correct.  The 40K looks like paltry compensation.   
And that's before you start to look at merchandise, food and grog etc.
[/quote]

I would say that food and grog are probably out-sourced with the bidding holder taking the profit from that. If i am wrong please let me know. Would the club take a % of sales ? Maybe?
[/quote]  There is a merchandise stand or two at the ground.  Usually manned by volunteers.  I know our "break even" crowd for a home game is around 7000, significantly lower than most clubs.  I think we do get profits or at least a cut from catering. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8